Jackson or Lynch

Endzone Animal

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better, Jackson or Lynch?

• Jackson
    • Lynch

Jackson is the better and more complete RB right now. Lynch could be his equal but instead of getting the ball and running straight, he tries to juke and jitterbug too much. He tries to improvise all the time. The slight hesitation it takes to do that, is all NFL defenders need to close in on him. I'm hoping that Lynch is watching Fred and learning. You get the ball, pick your spot and motor through it without hesitation. Take your 3, 4, 5 yard gain and eventually you will bust a 20 yarder.

Lynch has the tools...he just thinks he's playing against PAC-10 defenders half the time. He has not learned how to be an NFL RB yet.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone right now that Jackson is the best running back on this team. He starts the rest of the way - barring injury of course. Putting aside the fact that Marshawn is an illiterate thug from the hood with a bad attitude on and off the field; Jackson is just a better player, period, and deserves to be the man.

Yes, when you compare their performances this year, Jackson's are much better than Lynch.

As I've said, this entire debate is stupid until Lynch gets on the field.

And yes, people, we should be happy to have both.

I don't see many Bills games anymore, but Jackson is my pick from the half-dozen times I've seen over the last year. Jackson seems to attack the line with the expectation of ending up on the other side and getting a lot of yards. Lynch seems to hesitate at the line with the hope of not being rocked too hard.

Wow! Are you even watching the same team I am?!?!?!? Seriously. I think you have a pretty big bias against Lynch.

1) I have seen our o-line get crushed, Lynch jitterbugs behind the line caving in on him, picks a spot and drives defenders from 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage for a 4 yard gain.

2) Lynch DOES NOT need forward momentum to do this!!! Jackson is NOT a soft runner but Lynch runs harder and it's by a significant easily observable margin!!

3) Comparing Lynch and Jackson elusiveness is very difficult. They are BOTH elusive!!! They do it in different ways. Lynch is more that Barry Sanders stop in his tracks, shimmy, slip and slide to break tackles and power through a guy type RB. Jackson uses his speed and is a more fluid open field runner that glides side to side to avoid tackers.

4) I have no idea what you are trying to say with years in the league. Jackson being the older guy with more miles on him has better long term potential and the guy that has yet to play his first game of his 3rd year his career could be almost over? That is just completely back-assward.

Again I say WOW!!! I think you developed your opinion of the RBs before actually impartially observing their play.

Im sorry, I dont think I can ever read another one of your posts EVER! Did you really just compare Marshawn Lynch to Barry Sanders? I have no idea what you see in ML to make that comparison but I think you might be smoking too much of Marshawns stash. And I dont think anyone has developed an impartial opinion of either of the RB's play since we have had them both on this team for 2 full seasons.

B-):rolleyes:

Agreed...since Lynch is not on the active roster, he is suspended.

Or in other words: For the 1436th time, it doesn't matter until week 4.

Exactly. This subject is getting old. They are both going to play so no sense losing sleep over it. Lynch is the starter until he proves he isn't.

I say Jackson. He is in much better shape, has a better burst, is a better receiver, has a much better attitude, and is much, much smarter. Lynch is good for some brute force, but Freddie just brings more to the table.

I agree.....even though you sit in the wrong endzone. (hehe) :rolleyes:

Fixed.

Too bad you aren't the Bills head coach or O-Coordinator, then you could actually change what is the obvious. Until then Lynch is the starter, and you or any other fans can't change that. I am not saying I wouldn't start Jackson, but he isn't the starter, no sense making a fuss over it.

Guest dog14787

Buffalo has 714 yards of offense rushing and receiving. Fred Jackson has 338 of them total yards.(close to half)

Now Jackson has had a taste of being the starter and realizes he can swing it he will never be satisfied as a backup again.

Its very possible Fred Jackson or Marshawn Lynch gets traded in the future and the way Trent Edwards is starting to rely on FJ as a relief valve it would be an injustice to remove Jackson from the offense.

Fred Jackson could be one of the best all purpose backs in the game in my opinion.

I haven't seen running and catching from a Bills RB like that since Thurman Thomas.

B-):rolleyes:

Exactly. This subject is getting old. They are both going to play so no sense losing sleep over it. Lynch is the starter until he proves he isn't.

His off the field behavior has proved he isn't. He's unreliable, and just flat out a slower back, and has less vision for the field than FJack has.

No, I put up an objective poll in which over 60% of the voters agree that Lynch is not as good as Jackson. I guess you're just all flustered because your boy is overwhelmingly getting punked in the poll. Sorry that you are taking losing a message board poll so personal, but, as they say, them's the breaks. Deal with it.

"My boy" huh? Goes to show you how you're trying to turn this into a "JP Fanboy vs. Trent Fanboy" debate and I'm not going to get into that seeing as I own BOTH an FJ and Lynch jersey...

What I don't get is instead of debating the merits of Fred Jackson, you've used this post to attack Marshawn Lynch, calling him a "thug" and then spreading falsities about how he has a bad attitude on the field and how he's in poor shape and condition. I don't get why you're going out of your way to prove how great Fred Jackson is by attacking a fellow Bill (and his best friend on the team). I think its sad that you're going out of your way to attack a player who's not only a Bill but has given his all on the field. He may be an idiot off it, but I've never seen anyone question his determination on it.

Guest dog14787
His off the field behavior has proved he isn't. He's unreliable, and just flat out a slower back, and has less vision for the field than FJack has.

FJack, the ultimate multi purpose back, I like the ring to that, it would make a great nickname.

Defenses would be saying "dogonit, friggin Fjack is coming to town" :rolleyes:

Let's do this poll after about week 8. It's kinda hard not to vote for Freddy today, but I'm looking forward to seeing what ML can do. We are in a great position at RB. It reminds me of the depth the Giants have had. My gut says Oman could contribute pretty effectively if he needed to.

I think you're the one with the bias. I've watched them both. Are you about to tell me Lynch is better in pass protection and as a receiver? Are you about to tell me that Jackson isn't more of a threat in this offense? If so you have bias, not I.

Lynch's biggest problem is not that he can't do the same things as Jackson, but he isn't as mentally capable as Jackson. Jackson will look for a block and follow it, Lynch runs into defender frequently. Lynch has a bunch of runs that were negative and 0 gains. Watch the games last year and the year before. He runs sideways and gets caught with no forward momentum and can't do "beast mode". Beast Mode is only when he goes forward, not those long side steps.

I have no bias, but Jackson has better vision, blocking and receiving skills. Marshawn is better at getting extra yards when going forward.

I'll make it easier for you to understand... if it was 3rd and 3 I would take Jackson all day long. He'll look for 1st down on the run instead of a long gain and if he gets it he will and he is a bigger threat on a screen. He just has more dimensions.

If you can't see that you have the bias amigo

Nice try but you're the one with the bias pally. Go look for these supposed holes that Lynch doesn't hit hard. Please go back and take a look at my post. You must have scored poorly on reading comprehension tests in school. Please point out where I say a single thing about receiving and pass protection!!! I won't bother to wait because I know you can't. Please reference standard "don't put words in my mouth" rant.

Ok, now that that is cleared up. Your post even contradicts itself. Let me make it easy for YOU to understand because it is apparent you have issues in this respect. Per your statement Lynch only goes beast mode when he has momentum, presumably at least a good portion of the time from moving forward and hitting the holes. He is in beast mode quite frequently if you actually watched those games yourself that you asked me to watch. Therefore it is reasonable to say that most of the time he isn't moving sideways for 0 yard gains and missing holes.

Yours is the apparent bias as I believe that BOTH of the RBs are a great asset to this team. Please tell me if I am wrong but it appears from your statements you don't think Lynch is a great RB. Say that he is and it's obvious that perhaps I exaggerated the strength of your criticism of Lynch. I haven't said a bad word about EITHER guy. I have merely stated that in some situations I prefer Lynch.

To agree with some of your points earlier I DO think Jackson is a better WR even though Lynch has more catches likely due to playing time. I also do think that Jackson may have an edge in pass protection. Jackson has had 2 GREAT games this year. Our WR, not so much because a lot of attention is being given to BOTH Lee and Terrell. It will be interesting to see how Lynch fairs in this new offense with two credible WRs and noticeably better play calling. Perhaps he will face more 8 in the box and open thing ups even more in the passing game.