Brandon should assess Lynch's market value

SDS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really think a team is going to give up a high(1 or 2) draft pick for a guy whose next off the field transgression will result in a substantial suspension? I dont think so.

That's a valid point.

Leo Roth chimes in, from the D+C live blog: " As for Jackson, Lynch can stay suspended all year for all I care. That guy is a football player."

No, it's not.

Unlike most fan trades where they try to unload their crap for someone else's stars, you need to trade value to get value. Depending what Lynch would fetch in the open market, we could improve another area of our team substantially and not be much worse off.

Sure you may be trading depth, but that is reasonable if you upgrade your starters.

Only if you get a player back at a position of need for our team that is under 28 years old. I can't really think of who or what they could get for him, but I'd bet that it wouldn't be worth it at this point. If there were an injury on another team then maybe, but even then good teams trying to win it all this year aren't going to trade a quality player mid-season that would help us. They would more than likely look to give up a draft pick, which would almost certainly be worse than the one we used to pick him, since I can't see a team giving up a number 1 for him.

He's still too young and unproductive to get anything for him that makes a trade make sense.

a talent poor team needs to make bold moves to improve their talent. It has been proven time and again that RB is the easiest position on the field to replace. People get pulled out of warehouses to rush for 1000 yards.

I think that's precisely why it would be near impossible to get "value" for Lynch (i.e., a running back selected in the first round of the draft). Other teams don't see the need to give up anything of "value" for a running back, since they can get one "on the cheap" from that same warehouse you speak of.

GO BILLS!

I think that's precisely why it would be near impossible to get "value" for Lynch (i.e., a running back selected in the first round of the draft). Other teams don't see the need to give up anything of "value" for a running back, since they can get one "on the cheap" from that same warehouse you speak of.

GO BILLS!

sure the warehouse back could probably run, but how many of them can carry 5 people on their back into the endzone?

Trading Jackson is the better play...

I agree. Jackson would definitely have more value than Lynch at this point, because of his ability on the field and his lack of issues off of it. So if you were serious about wanting to upgrade, and if you really believe that good RBs are "a dime a dozen" from the warehouse, you would undoubtedly get more value by trading Freddy at this point ...

I don't think it's a good idea to trade him. If Jackson got hurt - a very real possibility given that it's the NFL - they'd have no one.

So, a season that is likely to end up out of the playoffs would... end up out of the playoffs?

I also believe no one is already playing LB for us on Sunday... :lol:

For everyone who says you need "2 quality backs", make note that you actually need a LB or two to play defense...

so sign derrick brooks. i don't care how old he is. he is a pro-bowl linebacker. no way the bills should trade lynch. would be a very dumb move IMO.

so sign derrick brooks. i don't care how old he is. he is a pro-bowl linebacker. no way the bills should trade lynch. would be a very dumb move IMO.

Think about what you just wrote. You have no idea (and neither do I) what a potential trade would be, but you have labeled it "very dumb". It's good to know you don't need facts before you dismiss ideas and pass judgment.