Inactives: Steve Johnson and Kirk Chambers top the list

Lori

Disappointed that the list includes Ellis and Lankster, especially since Florence is out.

DE: Schobel, Denney, Kelsay, Maybin

CB: McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty

Not sure they'd normally activate more than four at either position.

Disappointed that the list includes Ellis and Lankster, especially since Florence is out.

Lankster would get killed in this game. He has potential but he was beaten badly in every pre-season game. I think fans got a little over-reacted to the few interceptions he made (which were excellent, don't get me wrong) but he was easily faked out and he often lost his man or didn't know the coverage. It is kind of surprising they would only go with four CBs but both Byrd and Whitner can play nickel and dime CB if necessary. Without Jenkins, they probably decided they needed the extra ST demon, like Wendling the 5th Safety.

Johnson, Florence, Lankster, Palmer, Chambers, Fine, Ellis.

Thank you as usual Lori. Nice pregame fodder. Great job on the game day preview too as usual. Do you usually not make a score prediction? I always read them but can't remember if you do or don't?

Why is Johnson on the list? :wallbash:

I believe he's been nursing a thigh injury and only started practicing again late this week.

Pats inactives: Connolly, Edelman, Green-Ellis, Ohrnberger, Pryor, Simmons, Slater and Wheatley.

That leaves just four WRs (including Sam Aiken), which all but guarantees that Welker is just fine. Interesting that rookie Darius Butler is active at CB ahead of Terrence Wheatley. Pryor leaves them with paper-thin depth at DE, which could mean more 3-4 (or a lot of Burgess).

Lankster would get killed in this game. He has potential but he was beaten badly in every pre-season game. I think fans got a little over-reacted to the few interceptions he made (which were excellent, don't get me wrong) but he was easily faked out and he often lost his man or didn't know the coverage. It is kind of surprising they would only go with four CBs but both Byrd and Whitner can play nickel and dime CB if necessary. Without Jenkins, they probably decided they needed the extra ST demon, like Wendling the 5th Safety.

Oh, damn...I forgot this isn't preseason anymore. :wallbash:

I haven't been in my right mind today. :D

Today? :wallbash:

Thank you as usual Lori. Nice pregame fodder. Great job on the game day preview too as usual. Do you usually not make a score prediction? I always read them but can't remember if you do or don't?

I believe he's been nursing a thigh injury and only started practicing again late this week.

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. Correct -- my bet-hedging nature makes it difficult to pick scores.

Thank you. Lankster looked very lost in the secondary. Not saying that he can't develop, but he would be a nightmare in real action at this point.