Do u think Trent will actually throw it deep?

kbuckley9091

They have to go deep early because Bellicheat will take away the check down plays. First play of the game should be a deep pass to T.O. . If it gets intercepted so what??

Throw it deep and let T.O. and Lee Evans fight for the ball. They have to... I agree with the first post 100 %

Who knows maybe we will get an interference call and get a field goal or maybe that thing called an touchdown early in the game.

Trent has to play like a man tonight not a girlie man like he did in the preseason.

i think we will see the bills go balls deep in new england all night long.....

i also think fred jackson is going to ram it down the pats* throat all night.

That's my feeling, too. Last time I saw Freddy play a regular game, he was shredding a pretty good run D on a day EVERYONE knew he was getting the ball.

The only hope for all those long balls all night long is if Freddy finds success and we can play-act to give our young Lmen a split second more. I know Evans and/or Owens are going to get open as will Reed in the slot but it won't matter if we don't have time to throw.

The biggest key will be to stay in manageable down/distance situations. Do that and defenses have to guess and can't commit to the blitz schemes Bellyache is so good at designing. That's why I'm totally against airing it out just for the sake of airing it out. A wasted down against a team like NE sets up a bad down/distance situation and they are too talented along the front seven and will make us pay. Especially with an inexperienced OL.

GO BILLS!!!

We have to throw the ball deep at least a few times during the game. I will be happy if we attempt at least 3 passes of over 40 yards, if anything, to keep the defense honest and not have them lurking around anything thrown short.

Even if the passes go long or OOB, that will be more exciting than the short game.

This is vital to me...we have to loosen them up or we are dead.

The key thing to me is, Trent needs to just drop back and let it fly deep to Owens or Lee.

He cannot and will not have time to sit back there and read the D.

This is what JP used to do with Lee Evans, just drop back and chunk it (mainly beacuse he COULDN'T read the D)...but it

worked for allot of long bombs!! I hope Van Pelt calls the deep ball...we have to set the tone and BE AGGRESSIVE! Like Dicky said when he fired Turk! Your thoughts....

I would rather see 3 and out with long passes than run plays. You have to stretc the D. AVP will tos the rocl a lot tonight....

i'm gonna disagree w my boy bill in nyc and say they should fire a deep pass early to loosen up the pats D. i think their secondary is pretty piss poor and we can get them.

I will guarantee that NE will open up in a cover-2 zone, perhaps a cover-3 if the Bills don't open up in a single back 3-wide set. This greatly reduces the odds of success on a long pass attempt (long=40+ yards in air let's say). We hit it great. We don't (and the odds are against it), we are now in that bad down/distance situation and it's advantage NE. And the effect will be the exact opposite of getting them back on their heels.

I'm not saying don't try it at times. I'm just saying do it when it's better to do it than times when it's not. Low percentage plays are low percentage for a reason. And until the Bills PROVE they have other weapons that warrant NE to alter their coverages (i.e. Reed or Nelson in the slot to create a mismatch and stretch a seam), taking away the deep threat will continue to be the easiest thing for a defense to do. Especially for NE's front seven and the schemes Bellyache creates for them against our OL inexperience.

GO BILLS!!!

You cant throw deep if the opposing defense is blitzing. Damn near impossible, especially with an inexperienced OL.

You have to throw deep to STOP them from blitzing...I think we've seen what happens when we don't throw deep...we get

our butts kicked...short zones and 8 in the da box...burn em deep and they'll back their asses off....guarantee it....keep both TE's in if you have to, max protect and throw deep to Lee and T.O.

If TE does throw deep, he better be careful that Teddy Brewskie doesn't intercept the pass from the press box. The guy is amazing... superhuman. And, I'm sure he'll be totally unbiased tonight... he's perfect.

Would that be before or after Teddy saved the pregnant woman from a burning car in the parking lot?

Running game and passing game obviously feed off each other. Let's hope TE going long and connecting will keep the Patsies defense on their heels opening up the running game for Jackson.

GO BILLS F' THE PATRIOTS

You use the word "obviously" however this is one of the most basic concepts in football and bills coaching hasn't figured it out in 11 years or so.

Guess for first drive:

Run

Run

Checkdown pass for 6.

Punt.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Until Down by 31. Then....

Pass.

Pass.