Your tax dollars at work

1billsfan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding take on ACORN by John Stewart.

This link takes you to the main page of Comedy Central.

The Audacity of Hos. :thumbsup:

I was pleased to see him do that last night.

The crowd was stunned....they didn't know how to react and were very uncomfortable.

Even though I don't agree with guys like Stewart and Mahr often, they at least try to understand the issues at hand and will call out the scumbags on all sides if it becomes obvious enough.

The crowd was stunned....they didn't know how to react and were very uncomfortable.

That stood out to me, too. They weren't quite sure if they should laugh or not, until he made the comment about the kid wearing a fur coat over his Andover uniform. But through his comedy, he put the entire ACORN issue in perspective. It's taking forever, but at some point the WH is going to have to address this. Obama is making the rounds to virtually all media this weekend. If he gets through the entire weekend without so much as one interviewer asking him about ACORN, we'll know all we need to know. While I firmly believe most media are in the tank for him, I highly doubt he'll be able to avoid the topic.

Well, he's not going to all the shows, he's not going on Fox

I will admit that after his prime-time address to the joint session of congress, the first place Axelrod went for post-address discussion was the O'Reilly Factor. He knows where the most viewers are. But no way in hell Obama goes on Fox. No way. He's built for one kind of question: low, slow, and over the middle of the plate.

I love the idea that even John Stewart is ashamed of the media for letting a kid (Who only needed 3000 dollars) scoop them on this story. I don't often agree with Glen Beck but Beck had this story out on the forefront although he never bothered to do any investigating into this to further prove his point about ACORN and make himself seem more legit in the process.

Really could have shortened the quote...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/pelo...Mbhr5phoqht5GHN

You really can't be surprised by this. She was probably having cocktails with Charlie Gibson when all of this was going down.

She should probably be concerned, though. If ACORN has to stop smuggling in 13-year-old girls from Tijuana to set up prostitution rings, she'll never be able to get them registered to vote for her re-election.

So you're cool with what's going on with ACORN.

Got it.

I don't give a rat's ass what's going on with ACORN and I am sure there are many like me, that's why most reputable news outlets are barely giving this "story" a passing glance. I know goddam well what's going on here and it ain't working guys. It's a lame attempt to try and associate this crap somehow with Obama. Wake me when it's over.

I don't give a rat's ass what's going on with ACORN and I am sure there are many like me, that's why most reputable news outlets are barely giving this "story" a passing glance. I know goddam well what's going on here and it ain't working guys. It's a lame attempt to try and associate this crap somehow with Obama. Wake me when it's over.

So you're cool with millions in taxpayer dollars going to a group that helps set up under-age prostitution houses and evade taxes?

That's why this is going on. Maybe if this group, which receives 40% of its funding from the federal government, was on the up-and-up, this problem wouldn't exist, would it?

So now they're cut out of the Census Bureau, cut out of all future housing funding, and I just read that 20 states are conducting internal investigations.

Enjoy the long nap. This isn't over by a long shot, and will only get worse.

Who might they be? The ones who were out-scooped by a couple of kids that were single-handedly responsible for the take down of a hugely corrupt governmentally funded organization.

:censored:

Who cares that ACORN is using our money on mass voter fraud and prostitution consultation services. Seriously, do liberals have to check your brains at the door on the way in? It's no wonder why you have no clue as to Obama's connections to them. He's from Chicago, he's beholden to the outdated, profit killing, budget killing, company killing, job killing union interests. He spent three years with the union backed ACORN. He may be young, but the guy has been around the block a few thousand times before. Obama and Holder must be flipping mad at the circumstance they now find themselves in. He'll now be forced to cut them loose with fake and phony outrage, just like he did with the Wright fiasco. The sad thing is you'll buy into it..."Hey, he said he had no idea of the corruption. Obama never tells a lie, so I have no reason not to believe the guy."