Lions claim Copeland Bryan

Lori

Bryan for IAF was a good trade off.. Ikaika was an off the wall flyer in the 2nd round. He was the 12th rated DE in that draft and was hardly a household name. Funny story about him though, he went to school at 190lbs and was 280 by the time he left for the NFL. Doesn't sound healthy to me.

yeah i just saw the news & im pissed that he was cut.

If you go by what we saw in the preseason, he played like one of our best defensive ends, at a position where we all know we need some help. I thought CB played better then Denney and Kelsay combined. I woulda rather cut one of those guys with there inflated salaries & just kept CB. Saves money & theres more of an upside, but oh well.

Maybe this is all part of the front office's plans to get us a #1 draft pick next year!

yeah i just saw the news & im pissed that he was cut.

If you go by what we saw in the preseason, he played like one of our best defensive ends, at a position where we all know we need some help. I thought CB played better then Denney and Kelsay combined. I woulda rather cut one of those guys with there inflated salaries & just kept CB. Saves money & theres more of an upside, but oh well.

Maybe this is all part of the front office's plans to get us a #1 draft pick next year!

I like CB as well.He definetly stepped up his game while the starters (Kelsay @Schobel ) provided much of the same NOTHING!!

Copeland was the one guy on the list of cuts that I was disappointed to see. I thought he showed something that none of our other LDEs have shown, through years of being on the team: An edge rush from the left side. Denney and Kelsay have gotten their paltry sacks from coverage delays. I've never once seen either player dip low around a lineman and get sack or sack/fumble. Cope did that twice this preseason against good competition and I'm really surprised they didn't keep him. Nobody is going to fear Denney or kelsay off the edge but they might have had to make arrangements for Cope.

Bummer

Copeland was the one guy on the list of cuts that I was disappointed to see. I thought he showed something that none of our other LDEs have shown, through years of being on the team: An edge rush from the left side. Denney and Kelsay have gotten their paltry sacks from coverage delays. I've never once seen either player dip low around a lineman and get sack or sack/fumble. Cope did that twice this preseason against good competition and I'm really surprised they didn't keep him. Nobody is going to fear Denney or kelsay off the edge but they might have had to make arrangements for Cope.

Bummer

Let's not forget that Maybin will be playing LDE on 3rd down. Would CB have even seen the field? Kelsay would have put up better numbers than CB, if he went against 2nd or 3rd stringers. There was no playing time for Bryan.

Let's not forget that Maybin will be playing LDE on 3rd down. Would CB have even seen the field? Kelsay would have put up better numbers than CB, if he went against 2nd or 3rd stringers. There was no playing time for Bryan.

That is pure speculation and I disagree 100%. I cannot think of a second team in the NFL that would have kept Kelsay, including the Lions. Keep 4-3/3-4 and his salary in mind. Now try to name one team, other than Buffalo, who would have kept Kelsay on the roster......

That is pure speculation and I disagree 100%. I cannot think of a second team in the NFL that would have kept Kelsay, including the Lions. Keep 4-3/3-4 and his salary in mind. Now try to name one team, other than Buffalo, who would have kept Kelsay on the roster......

I can think of plenty. Kelsay is an average defensive end.

Bills don't have the balls to cut these overpriced vets; thats why the patriots steelers colts eagles and giants are succesful you have 6 or 7 stars a couple aging free agents and young players who are hungry! Schobel and kelsey should be gone! You have young hungry players ready to take their place get them the hell out of here! Stupar and Bryan will be productive pros for somebody else ala Jim Leonard, Antoine Winfield, Jason Peters.

Bills don't have the balls to cut these overpriced vets; thats why the patriots steelers colts eagles and giants are succesful you have 6 or 7 stars a couple aging free agents and young players who are hungry! Schobel and kelsey should be gone! You have young hungry players ready to take their place get them the hell out of here! Stupar and Bryan will be productive pros for somebody else ala Jim Leonard, Antoine Winfield, Jason Peters.

Stupar is on the practice squad...

Can anyone honestly say that they are surprised that CB was picked up by another team?

I am very upset that the Bills refused to keep him. I knew Kelsay was staying, mainly because it did not seem like a move that Jauron & Co. would make.

Yet I thought at the very least they would cut Denney. Denney's a back-up player & 32 years old. What more does he bring to the Bills, besides being a veteran?

I know I am just a fan and not a coach, but I want to know one thing from this coaching staff. What is it that Copeland Bryan could'nt do, that Chris Kelsay & Ryan Denney can do?