Depth Chart

inkman

I've done an extraordinarily brief search for any updated depth chart and was unable to come up with anything substantial. BB.com has something that looks like it's from the OTA's and outside of wild speculation, I have found nothing of substance. I know most of the positions are set but I was wondering about Maybin, Harris, and Corner. Anyone with solid info on any of these guys?

I've done an extraordinarily brief search for any updated depth chart and was unable to come up with anything substantial. BB.com has something that looks like it's from the OTA's and outside of wild speculation, I have found nothing of substance. I know most of the positions are set but I was wondering about Maybin, Harris, and Corner. Anyone with solid info on any of these guys?
Maybin is a 3rd down DE

Harris is behind Ellison

Corner is dime

Thats what I'm assuming

Based on my observations during preseason, Corner took all the 1st team reps at nickel. Florence might have been ahead of him on the nickel depth chart when he got hurt, but IMO Corner played well enough in preseason (and last season) to earn the job.

I read that Florence is tougher than Corner in terms of strength

therefore a healthy Florence is starting nickel

thats about as solid a response you might get

Maybin at Linebacker was talked about but I think his speed at end should keep him there

with Chris Kelsey still in Chicago attending to a personal matter, Aaron Maybin may get more snaps at defensive end.

with Chris Kelsey still in Chicago attending to a personal matter, Aaron Maybin may get more snaps at defensive end.

I think I read elsewhere that the personal matter is an operation on his daughter, so I hope she's alright. Kelsay gets ripped a lot on here (even by me on occasion), but let's keep things in perspective before people start ripping him for taking time off for something that might be a lot more important than football.....

I think I read elsewhere that the personal matter is an operation on his daughter, so I hope she's alright. Kelsay gets ripped a lot on here (even by me on occasion), but let's keep things in perspective before people start ripping him for taking time off for something that might be a lot more important than football.....

I don't recall anyone ripping Kelsay for being in Chicago with his daughter. Now, about his ability to rush the QB.........

I wasn't critical of Chris Kesley's absence and only commenting that possiblity of Aaron Maybin getting more reps at practice and plays against Patriots.

Run the ball and stop the run.....it's a simple game!!!!

Looks like Byrd and Maybin didn't crack the starting line up. Maybe during the course of the season...

maybe once Scott gets repeatedly burned by tight ends they'll try Byrd. Probably the only reason Byrd isn't starting is because of his injury in training camp. I don't think it'll be long before he's in there. A safety that may actually intercept a pass would be a welcome addition.

I don't think Maybin was ever going to be the "starter", but since rotate d-linemen, he'll be on the field a lot.

From BB.com

Offense

QB Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gibran Hamdan

FB Corey McIntyre

RB Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Xavier Omon

WR1 Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson

LT Langston Walker, Demetrius Bell

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner

RG Eric Wood Seth McKinney

RT Brad Butler, Jonathan Scott

TE Derek Schouman, Derek Fine, Shawn Nelson

WR2 Josh Reed

WR3 Terrell Owens, James Hardy, Justin Jenkins, James Hardy (James Hardy is listed twice at the website. I'm guessing he'll be second string when he comes back.)

Defense

LDE Chris Kelsay, Aaron Maybin, Chris Ellis

LDT Marcus Stroud, Spencer Johnson

RDT Kyle Williams, John McCargo

RDE Aaron Schobel, Ryan Denney

OLB1 Keith Ellison, Nic Harris, Ashlee Palmer

MLB Paul Posluszny, Marcus Buggs

OLB2 Kawika Mitchell, Jon Corto

LCB Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Ashton Youboty

RCB Leodis McKelvin, Reggie Corner, Ellis Lankster

FS Donte Whitner, Jairus Byrd

SS Bryan Scott, George Wilson, John Wendling

Special Teams

KR Leodis McKelvin, Terrence McGee

PR Roscoe Parrish, Fred Jackson, Leodis McKelvin, Josh Reed

LS Garrison Sanborn

P Brian Moorman

H Brian Moorman

K Rian Lindell

If Bell, Maybin, Byrd and Nelsen can work their way into the starting line up, I'll be more optimistic.

It'll be a process. No way that they were going to start the opener, but I expect that they will see more and more playing time if they perform well and may take the starters role at some point in the season. I think that Maybin will definitely see a lot of reps and might end up playing as much as or more than Kelsey by week 3 or 4. It may take longer with the other guys. One guy that you didn't mention was Harris. I think that he might also find some reps in there as the season goes on.