In the interest of making sure the horse is truly dead

transient

Thought this quote from Peters in this morning's Philadelphia Inquirer was somewhat telling:

"I was shocked," Peters said. "I had no clue. I had just told Buffalo I was going to play two more years there and I was done with them. And then my agent [Eugene Parker] called."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/57578607.html

Can't imagine why we got rid of him when he was so enthused to be here and would grace us with his presence for the life of his contract and no more. Between this and his comments about pondering his contract in the middle of games, I hope he blows out his knee on the Eagles first offensive play from scrimmage. Not that I hold a grudge, or anything.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this quote from Peters in this morning's Philadelphia Inquirer was somewhat telling:

"I was shocked," Peters said. "I had no clue. I had just told Buffalo I was going to play two more years there and I was done with them. And then my agent [Eugene Parker] called."

Can't imagine why we got rid of him when he was so enthused to be here and would grace us with his presence for the life of his contract and no more. Between this and his comments about pondering his contract in the middle of games, I hope he blows out his knee on the Eagles first offensive play from scrimmage. Not that I hold a grudge, or anything.

I agree after reading that article . . . can you guys freaking believe what he said "Andy Reid didn't need to call me the best left tackle in the league because I've been proving that for the last 4-5 years." What an idiot of epic proportions! I hope this clown is in for a huge face-first fall. I will laugh my ass off.

Well, there ya go. He was just going to play-out his contract, likely poorly, like last year, and then be gone. And this moron was "shocked" that they traded him? LOL!

Oh and this part makes me LOL: "Reid said Peters also will get more help from a tight end or running back than he got in Buffalo." Wow, $10M/year and you're still going to give him help?

Well, there ya go. He was just going to play-out his contract, likely poorly, like last year, and then be gone. And this moron was "shocked" that they traded him? LOL!

Oh and this part makes me LOL: "Reid said Peters also will get more help from a tight end or running back than he got in Buffalo." Wow, $10M/year and you're still going to give him help?

I am now rooting against the Eagles . . . unless they're playing the Cowboys or Pats.

His comments don't bother me one bit. In fact I like his comments.More people should call out this mediocre franchise.

That being said.......-fatso didnt show up last year and when he did he was xtra fat and outta shape.Thats inexcusable.My guess is that he will be an average LT who is paid 10 mil. Once you get lazy in the NFL its hard to turn the tide.

His comments don't bother me one bit. In fact I like his comments.More people should call out this mediocre franchise.

That being said.......-fatso didnt show up last year and when he did he was xtra fat and outta shape.Thats inexcusable.My guess is that he will be an average LT who is paid 10 mil. Once you get lazy in the NFL its hard to turn the tide.

How'd he call out the franchise? For not giving into his salary demands the moment he made the Pro Bowl? :unsure:

"Andy Reid didn't need to call me the best left tackle in the league because I've been proving that for the last 4-5 years."

The best part of that is the genius ought to check his math, since he's only been a starting left tackle since 2006!

well Mike Williams is close to bucking the trend. Which oddly annoys me.

Guest dog14787
That is a really GREAT point!

How do you think Dockery will play this season? My guess is that he will totally suck and will soon be out of the NFL.

The Redskins took a slimmed down Mike Williams and Dockery and have a much better O-line than we do at this point from what I've seen in preseason. :unsure:

Dockery looked solid as a rock when I watched him.

When will people let this go? He's gone - who cares how he plays?

Happened to be posted on TwoBillsDrive this morning, so I read it. Thought it was an interesting insight into his line of thinking, and a reasonable explanation for why he was traded so I posted it.

The more Peter's talks the happier I am. Not because trading him was absolutely the right choice but because it get to watch him underperform this season and the Eagles fans will eat him alive.

OBTW, the Eagles open the season at Caroline. That means Mr. Peter's gets to play against Mr. Peppers. I'm guessing he gives up at least 2 sacks. His implosion will be fun to watch.

The Redskins took a slimmed down Mike Williams and Dockery and have a much better O-line than we do at this point from what I've seen in preseason. :unsure:

Dockery looked solid as a rock when I watched him.

the redskins are as poor of a franchise as the Bills.That being said I think the Bills had a brilliant offseason exc for the fact that jauron is still coaching them.

It's not beating a dead horse. Now we know definitively why the Bills traded him. Although Peters apparently doesn't.

True. It was meant as a heads up that I was well aware that the topic was discussed ad nauseum, and despite that I was willing to "poke a skunk" if you will.