It took 8 weeks to determine who played the best at

Niagara Bill

Defensive End on the team and his reward was to get cut. Copeland Bryan out performed, Schobel, Kelsay, Denny, and and maybe even Ellis.

So Jauron keeps guys who are his boys, not the best player. IMHO.

Jauron had the opportunity to send a real message, but then again...he did send a message.

Don't show passion, don't show desire, don't show talent. and you can still make this team.

I am not suggesting that Bryan is a pro bowler, but he deserved to beat out any of the big 3. :unsure:

I'm pretty sure Kelsay, Schobel, and Denney could have each had highlight reels playing against 3rd string scabs like Ellis and Bryan did.

This is at least Bryan's 3rd trip to training camp. Guaranteed that the 4 DEs (5 counting Maybin) that beat his ass out to make the team get paid a hell of a lot more than Bryan does. So, if he was, at best, even with just one of the others, he'd have one a spot... unless the Bills thought Ellis had more upside.

Kelsay aint as bad as everyone says. He looks bad when he gets blown up by an OL because the Bills don't have an LB on his side wortha schitt... Ellison? A lot of time Kelsay is the first and last line of defense on that side.

Denney had his best season.... led the Bills in sacks last year and was 8th in tackles (more than any other DL on the Bills) after starting only 11 games.

Schoebel has never had less than 6.5 sacks when playing a full season.

Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney may not be the best trio of DEs in the league, and, yes, the Bills could definitely do better. But... reality time. Throughout training camp and right now there aint any better DEs than them on this team.

>Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney may not be the best trio of DEs in the league, and, yes, the Bills could definitely do better. >But... reality time. Throughout training camp and right now there aint any better DEs than them on this team.

>

Name a worse trio.Think fast........

>Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney may not be the best trio of DEs in the league, and, yes, the Bills could definitely do better. >But... reality time. Throughout training camp and right now there aint any better DEs than them on this team.

>

Name any trio. Think fast.........

>

Alphonso Boone, Turk McBride, Tamba Hali, KC Chiefs.....

Name any trio. Think fast.........

Or, how bout Kenyon Coleman, Robaire Smith, and Corey Williams, Cleveland Browns.

Sheesh, let's at least wait until the Pats* win the first game 49-7 before we give up on the season. The spread is only 10 points. Who's got the Bills!?! :thumbsup:

Defensive End on the team and his reward was to get cut. Copeland Bryan out performed, Schobel, Kelsay, Denny, and and maybe even Ellis.

Jauron had the opportunity to send a real message, but then again...he did send a message.

Don't show passion, don't show desire, don't show talent. and you can still make this team.

I am not suggesting that Bryan is a pro bowler, but he deserved to beat out any of the big 3. :thumbsup:

I'm with you. Maybe it was the level of competition, but I doubt it. Bryan looked bigger, faster, stronger, and dare I say, possessing a higher motor than any of our Big 3. I would have liked to seem them keep him and cut one of our TE's or DB's.

I am not suggesting that Bryan is a pro bowler, but he deserved to beat out any of the big 3. :ph34r:

I agree that Bryan deserved a place on the final 53 man roster. I think he did all he could do to earn it. I also think he could have played at least as well as Ryan Denny or Chris Kelsay, despite his lack of experience. Good post. :thumbsup:

I think all of our defensive ends are better than Denney or Kelsay as right ends. Both of them have an astonishing capacity to misdiagnose plays. They are good tacklers and pretty good against the run, but worse than mediocre in every other respect.