It Could be Worse - We Could Still have Wade!

blzrul

I think everything that could be said about DJ has been said (until the real season starts) but check out THIS gem from today's Dallas Morning News:

Cowboys win NFC East

12:06 PM Sat, Sep 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

You may have overlooked this as you focused on how the Cowboys would replace Terrell Owens and who would start at right corner.

Wade Phillips did not.

"We won our division in the pre-season,'' Phillips declared after his team's 35-31 win over Minnesota. "We were 2-2 and everybody else was 1-3.

"That was an accomplishment.''

Maybe the Cowboys should hang a banner in the new stadium _ as long as it is 90 feet above the field and doesn't interfere with the punter.

Why wouldn't I want Wade? Because he can't win the big one either. He proved it in Buffalo and has proven it beyond all doubt in Dallas. It's tempting to blame Smiley for that, but it's been consistent with all Wade's teams.

Wade's statement is right up there with the classic "we're beating ourselves but we're getting better at it" or whatever...who was that, immortal Hank Bullough?

Ralph went thru a bunch of goofball coaches before taking a chance on Levy and hit the jackpot. If we can suffer through this year and Ralph doesn't leave this world, Mike Holmgren will be looking to coach again next year. Maybe the Walrus could do something for the team.

DJ isn't even in the same conversation as Wade as a defensive coordinator. Wade is not as good as Lebeau but he is probably just as good as Kiffin and Rex Ryan.

He is not a very good HC but even there he is much better than DJ - even without a headset.

The fans and media got on this guy for not wearing a head set. I'd take a bald headed nasty melanoma staring back at me headcoach with no headset that makes the playoffs over DJ anyday!

Why wouldn't I want Wade? Because he can't win the big one either. He proved it in Buffalo and has proven it beyond all doubt in Dallas. It's tempting to blame Smiley for that, but it's been consistent with all Wade's teams.

Wade's statement is right up there with the classic "we're beating ourselves but we're getting better at it" or whatever...who was that, immortal Hank Bullough?

Ralph went thru a bunch of goofball coaches before taking a chance on Levy and hit the jackpot. If we can suffer through this year and Ralph doesn't leave this world, Mike Holmgren will be looking to coach again next year. Maybe the Walrus could do something for the team.

Let's get to the playoffs again before worrying about winning the big one.

Koo, koo, a chew!

Wade went 29-19 here. His worst season was 8-8, a point Jauron hasn't reached in three seasons. Why wouldn't you want Wade over Jauron?

You're dealing with NozzleNut. She's off the reservation and has been for some time. I'd personally take Wade's record over the past few seasons over Dickie's in a heartbeat. Some people just like having a high draft pick I guess...

Agree. He really knows DE. His pass rushing units and packages are legend.

As a head guy -- yikes. Too loose.

Gruden is the answer in blfo. short passing game and smash mouth running game -- 2 runs and short pass to a TE. boring -- but it will get bills to the playoff.

Wade is an AMAZING defensive coordinator but he mediocre head coach. I positive if he was here our defense would be better.

You're dealing with NozzleNut. She's off the reservation and has been for some time. I'd personally take Wade's record over the past few seasons over Dickie's in a heartbeat. Some people just like having a high draft pick I guess...

So then a search of the archives will find you in strong support of keeping Wade, and rending your garments in grief when he was fired? <_<

So then a search of the archives will find you in strong support of keeping Wade, and rending your garments in grief when he was fired? <_<

I wasn't on the board at that time, but I was disappointed that he was fired. Ronnie Jones was his undoing, but if they could've handled that behind closed doors I would've loved for his to stay. The facts are that he was the LAST playoff coach Buffalo had.

I think everything that could be said about DJ has been said (until the real season starts) but check out THIS gem from today's Dallas Morning News:

Cowboys win NFC East

12:06 PM Sat, Sep 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

You may have overlooked this as you focused on how the Cowboys would replace Terrell Owens and who would start at right corner.

Wade Phillips did not.

"We won our division in the pre-season,'' Phillips declared after his team's 35-31 win over Minnesota. "We were 2-2 and everybody else was 1-3.

"That was an accomplishment.''

Maybe the Cowboys should hang a banner in the new stadium _ as long as it is 90 feet above the field and doesn't interfere with the punter.

Sorry but have to disagree completely with this one. Wade was, and is head and shoulders above DJ both as a defensive mind and a head coach. I was disapointed when Ralph fired him and we haven't had a competent HC since he left.

btw I like your signature. :worthy: