Johnson, Maybin & Corner

generaLee83

Is anyone worried that Steve Johnson could be cut from this team? The guy is an absolute beast and should be the #3 receiver but I have a feeling that he gets cut because Jauron will insist on keeping as many DB's as possible. Hardy was a second round pick and will not be cut, Josh Reed is Trent's Jesus, Parrish is a helluva PR and Evans and Owens are obviously going nowhere. Is Johnson the odd man out?

Aaron Maybin should absolutely start, he is hands down better than Chris Kelsay. Jauron has allegiance to veterans though and I have a feeling we will be seeing very little of Maybin until late in the season when the team is officially floating in the toilet.

Anyone else think that Reggie Corner should be the starting nickel CB? I sure do but I have a feeling that once again Jauron's preference to veterans will give Drayton Florence the spot.

Sorry, this is a pre-emptive bitcch session.

What about Nic Harris? This is a guy that I had no idea why we drafted back in April and hated the pick, but now I get it. He's been all over the place making plays and I can't see how they could justify Ellison starting over him.

What about Nic Harris? This is a guy that I had no idea why we drafted back in April and hated the pick, but now I get it. He's been all over the place making plays and I can't see how they could justify Ellison starting over him.

Good call, I forgot about Harris. He has easily been the most involved LB this pre-season.

I'm with you though, Ellison is definitely going to start.

Will the Turk visit Youboty today?

Is anyone worried that Steve Johnson could be cut from this team? The guy is an absolute beast and should be the #3 receiver but I have a feeling that he gets cut because Jauron will insist on keeping as many DB's as possible. Hardy was a second round pick and will not be cut, Josh Reed is Trent's Jesus, Parrish is a helluva PR and Evans and Owens are obviously going nowhere. Is Johnson the odd man out?

Aaron Maybin should absolutely start, he is hands down better than Chris Kelsay. Jauron has allegiance to veterans though and I have a feeling we will be seeing very little of Maybin until late in the season when the team is officially floating in the toilet.

Anyone else think that Reggie Corner should be the starting nickel CB? I sure do but I have a feeling that once again Jauron's preference to veterans will give Drayton Florence the spot.

Not worried at all. About that, anyway.

I'd be surprised if any of these guys are cut: Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Justin Jenkins...T.O leaves next year which would leave us short....Hardy is on A/PUP, Jenkins would be the cut when he came back...IMHO

I love how Maybin has shown us what we might be in for this season...A guy with 2 weeks of practice and has 2 sacks and a FF...a few hurries...gonna be exciting to watch him.

I think R.Corner has it locked in..I honestly don't think Florence makes the team...didn't do much when healthy and has been hurt.

Who is this Buggs guy? Seemed to have a good night last night too.

Maybin dude seems like he could good very good. Not to use the Jauron term but he has a long way to go, however two sacks and one forced fumble in two games and two weeks of practice... pretty tough to beat and he should start.

Who is this Buggs guy? Seemed to have a good night last night too.

Maybin dude seems like he could good very good. Not to use the Jauron term but he has a long way to go, however two sacks and one forced fumble in two games and two weeks of practice... pretty tough to beat and he should start.

I think Buggs has the lock on being the second MLB spot..guy is good...they might slip A.Palmer in there somewhere as well

Maybin, Wood, Byrd, Levitre, Harris, Nelson, and Lankster have looked promising, as have Palmer, Buggs, and Stupar. Good to see.

yea..this could (crosses fingers) turn out to be one of the best drafts in this mellenium for both Buffalo and the NFL...ok maybe the best in the NFL is getting crazy, but..lol

Maybin will force teams to account for him. Even if he doesn't make the play, the blocking schemes will should free up someone else. The question is who would that be?

I also like what I saw from Byrd as the preseason progressed. He appears to be one of those db's who is always around the ball.

I think this year's draft has set a nice foundation for the future coaches build on.

Maybin will force teams to account for him. Even if he doesn't make the play, the blocking schemes will should free up someone else. The question is who would that be?

I also like what I saw from Byrd as the preseason progressed. He appears to be one of those db's who is always around the ball.

I think this year's draft has set a nice foundation for the future coaches build on.

hehe...yes I like our players..the future coaches will do wonders with them altho I like Fewell...and I think our biggest coaching problem is Jauron.

I'd be surprised if any of these guys are cut: Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Justin Jenkins...T.O leaves next year which would leave us short....Hardy is on A/PUP, Jenkins would be the cut when he came back...IMHO

I love how Maybin has shown us what we might be in for this season...A guy with 2 weeks of practice and has 2 sacks and a FF...a few hurries...gonna be exciting to watch him.

I think R.Corner has it locked in..I honestly don't think Florence makes the team...didn't do much when healthy and has been hurt.

Dude, love your avatar. Bankai!

It probably doesn't matter who "starts", so I'm sure Kelsay would be in on 1st down. I'd be surprised if Maybin wasn't in right away in passing situations against the Pats.

My guess on the CB is Florence will start at the beginning of the season, and Corner will take over the starting nickel spot by the end of the season.

As for the WR's, someone else said it before me, Bills might keep more receivers because chances are good T.O. is a one year experiment.

Everyone jumping on the Maybin bandwagon better rewatch the game tonight. He is not a starter yet for a good reason... he makes some good plays but gets his ass kicked in others. For every good play he made there was 3 where he got stood up or strung down the line.

I think he will be a beast in the NFL and on the Bills but it is going to take time... not 2 weeks. He really did struggle last night.

Everyone jumping on the Maybin bandwagon better rewatch the game tonight. He is not a starter yet for a good reason... he makes some good plays but gets his ass kicked in others. For every good play he made there was 3 where he got stood up or strung down the line.

I think he will be a beast in the NFL and on the Bills but it is going to take time... not 2 weeks. He really did struggle last night.

Seeing as how he missed all of training camp and has been practicing with the team for just 2 weeks, his struggles aren't surprising. Frankly I'd like to see him used like Suggs was used his rookie season.