Johnson, Maybin & Corner

generaLee83

Everyone jumping on the Maybin bandwagon better rewatch the game tonight. He is not a starter yet for a good reason... he makes some good plays but gets his ass kicked in others. For every good play he made there was 3 where he got stood up or strung down the line.

I think he will be a beast in the NFL and on the Bills but it is going to take time... not 2 weeks. He really did struggle last night.

This is true. I was at the game and watched him specifically on the entire drive that he finally got his sack and FF on. For the first few plays he looked like he was getting stood up quite a bit. On running plays you can see he is undersized. Passing plays he has to beat his man by speed. Hes all speed and nothing else at this point, but he will learn. He tried to bullrush a few times and was stood straight up. He tried spin moves and got picked up right away.

Im not saying hes not a beast and wont be good. Ive said it on this board all along that I wanted AM and have very high hopes for his future as a Buffalo Bill. He prolly needs to pick up another 10 lbs or so next offseason before he can be an every down DE in this league. I dont have any doubts that he will prove he is going to be a stud in the NFL barring injury.

Some people wrote on another thread that he reminded them of Derrick Thomas, and was prolly the best pass rusher weve had since Brucccccccce. This might be true. Bruce wasnt even Bruce until about the 3rd year. Maybin seems like he has the drive and determination so far at this point and he is a physical freak to go with that drive.

Go Maybin

Is anyone worried that Steve Johnson could be cut from this team? The guy is an absolute beast and should be the #3 receiver but I have a feeling that he gets cut because Jauron will insist on keeping as many DB's as possible. Hardy was a second round pick and will not be cut, Josh Reed is Trent's Jesus, Parrish is a helluva PR and Evans and Owens are obviously going nowhere. Is Johnson the odd man out?

Aaron Maybin should absolutely start, he is hands down better than Chris Kelsay. Jauron has allegiance to veterans though and I have a feeling we will be seeing very little of Maybin until late in the season when the team is officially floating in the toilet.

Anyone else think that Reggie Corner should be the starting nickel CB? I sure do but I have a feeling that once again Jauron's preference to veterans will give Drayton Florence the spot.

Sorry, this is a pre-emptive bitcch session.

Why is Steve Johnson an "absolute beast"? The guy had 11 catches in 10 games last year, and tears it up against the backups for a team that went 0-16 last year, and that makes him a "beast"?

He has some potential, but people on this board need a dose of reality on this guy. I saw him drop two brutal passes yesterday, and he was virtually invisible until the 2nd half (during which Detroit played their 3rd string defensive backs). He's nowhere near Josh Reed right now as a No. 3.

I'm not picking on you specifically, but I think we should let him prove himself a little more before he elevates from his #5 position.

That said, I don't think he's in any danger of being cut.

Also, I'd bet money that Corner is the first nickel off the bench in week 1. In fact, it wouldn't really surprise me if Florence were cut and Lankster were the #4.