Sam Gash's comments on WGR

nodnarb

ya know, in a strange way, i applaud TD for letting his coaches and football people make these decisions rather than an exec stepping in and usurping the coaches authority, it doesn't always get the best end results, but it does let the coach know that he and he alone is responsible for on field decisions and that he and he alone will bear the blame or be given the glory.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam has always shown himself to be a standup guy, which adds more legitamacy to his statements.

F Gilbride, and F Williams for not having the balls to do anything about him.

And PS...being loyal to your assistants only gets a coach one thing...a crowded bus out of a job.

Thanks for the running summary nod. I don't think anyone is shocked by this. Its something we all strongly suspected. I would have the same feeling if OJ all of the sudden stood up on the 18th green tomorrow and said -- "I did it"

Its unbelievable that Gilbride is still in the NFL...but then again he's working for Tom Coughlin and Brenda Warner.

Just adds more credence to showing some optimism around here...you have to have high level coaching and talent to succeed, we were lacking in one category last year---that seems to have been addressed.

GW could have had Tom Clements two years ago--that's who TD was pushing....at the time GW felt he needed experience....who knew what a fatal mistake that was.

Sam also said Ruben had 53 guys on his side and Ruben did speak up fo them Ruben hardly a quitter, he had the 53 guys with him that most mattered . One more will speak up as Gash has , and Ruben will be owed a few apologies from many...

I just hope that Gilbride screws up Eli Manning's season/career the same we he screwed up Bledsoe's season last year.  :D

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Gilbride!!!

8315[/snapback]

I'll drink to that!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Gilbride and :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: the Mannings.

yikes!  :D  it's only football!

8291[/snapback]

Whaddaya mean, ONLY football ?!?!?

[/sarcasm]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Killdrive :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Whaddaya mean, ONLY football ?!?!?

[/sarcasm]

8324[/snapback]

It's nice to see a lady like football the same way I do. :D

I totally agree! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Killdrive :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

It really does make perfect sense. The question remains as to how much a) Tom Donohoe as GM, and b ) GW as defensive-trained head coach need to say enough is enough and pull rank on Killdrive. IMO, that is not Donohoe's job at all, and wouldn't want my owner or GM telling my coach who to play or what to do or what to call. It is wholely on GW's shoulders as head coach of the team and this was his biggest failure. Not unlike Marv's biggest failure about not doing anything about Swizzle Stick.

TD COULD have stepped in, and I understand the idea that some fans say it is his team and he needs to stop the train wreck. I just don't believe in the long run it is the best thing to do. We may have won a couple more games last year but with Moulds hurt, we really weren't going anywhere, and it just sets a bad precedent.

This also throws a lot of cold water on TD being the little Hitler or egomaniac and sticking his nose in everything, when from every indication from people that were there it is precisely the opposite.

Is this actually a surprising revelation to anyone ? We knew Gilbride and GW were killing us all year.

Oh well, learn from the past and move forward. I definitely support this new Coaching staff. Thinking good thoughts for 2004. :D