Need some help. Throwin around the idea of getting a pool.

zevo

We purchased an in-ground last summer and are very happy with it. Your 30K figure is spot on when factoring in concrete and landscaping. Figure on spending about $400 per summer on chemicals. Get a heater - it's well worth it and uses far less natural gas than you would imagine.

Also - get a Loop-Loc cover. I can't stress that enough. Very durable and very safe.

Lastly, I can't recommend Colley's Pools enough. They were great from start to finish. Make sure you give them a call.

We purchased an in-ground last summer and are very happy with it. Your 30K figure is spot on when factoring in concrete and landscaping. Figure on spending about $400 per summer on chemicals. Get a heater - it's well worth it and uses far less natural gas than you would imagine.

Also - get a Loop-Loc cover. I can't stress that enough. Very durable and very safe.

Lastly, I can't recommend Colley's Pools enough. They were great from start to finish. Make sure you give them a call.

Ditto . . . We've had a pool for a few years but didn't really get enough use out of it until we put in a heater. Best $1500 I ever spent . . . The pool is consistently at 82 degrees irrespective of the weather. :ph34r:

I'd be reluctant to put in a pool in Western New York. Had a very nice one in Brockport and used it a little in the summer and had all kinds of problems with it. The kids loved it, but we could have done beaches, the lake, and visited my parents in Florida to provide at least as much use. The pool came with the house and I've never had the desire to get another one with a pool or build one. Here in Tennessee the pools are open a few more months of the year, and the very short season in Western New York is a real consideration. I share the concerns about liability, maintenance and resale value appreciation.

On the other hand..you gotta do what makes you happy!