Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield

26CornerBlitz

Losing Winfield and particularly Williams set this franchise back years. I remember when Winfield left, some people tried to justify the loss by saying he couldn't intercept passes. And Williams' best football was behind him. Yea right. All those guys do is make plays year after year. Add I'll add Jason Peters to the list of major franchise mistakes. Criticize him all you want for the sacks he gave up. He'll be missed. Big time. Mark my words.

Losing Winfield and particularly Williams set this franchise back years. I remember when Winfield left, some people tried to justify the loss by saying he couldn't intercept passes. And Williams' best football was behind him. Yea right. All those guys do is make plays year after year. Add I'll add Jason Peters to the list of major franchise mistakes. Criticize him all you want for the sacks he gave up. He'll be missed. Big time. Mark my words.

I hate to look back like that, but watching those two have such a major impact on the Vikings D is very difficult. Meanwhile we have mostly JAGs on Defense.

JAG = Just a Guy if you didn't already know.

Don't really miss Winfield that much we have been able to replace him with guys like Greer and Mcgee and now Mckelvin. Pat Williams is severely missed however and everyone knew it at the time that they couldn't replace him. Stroud and Pat Williams would sure look good playing next to each other.

I don't know why they let him go (I heard it was a cap room thing) but they should have done everything possible to keep him (He wanted to stay and he wasn't asking for too much). Ralph and this FO are penny wise and dollar stupid.

Can't help but wonder what those closed-door meetings were like for these mind-bogglingly pathetic FO decisions.

Hey who needs Fat Pat and Winfield...Chris Kelsay though, thats a blue chipper we must keep at all cost.

Winfield followed the money and there was nothing we could do about that. He got paid somewhere around $12 million his first year with Minny and $20 over the first 2 years. His contract was HEAVILY frontloaded over the first two seasons there because they had the cap space. If I remember correctly, Minnesota made him the highest paid CB in the league at that time. We wouldn't match that, sorta like the Clements deal.

Now Pat Williams? Yeah, that was a completely boneheaded decision. He liked int in Buffalo as well from what I remember and we still let him walk. ;)

I miss Pat Williams & I miss Nate, don't miss Lil Antoine at all.

Antoine Winfield is a better DB than Clements. He is one of the best tacklers in the league despite his size. He is also a LOCKdown corner. The one knock against him is he doesn't come away with all that many INTS...which has been true..