Training Camp pass plays....

All, there has been allot of speculation about 'Trentitive Edwards' passing in preseason...

Some have said that the bills are being completly vanilla and I agree...

Question is, is it because they are that Vanilla on purpose or because theyre that bad?

Is Dick becoming "Tricky Dick 2009?"

Will someone who went to camp this year please answer......

Did Trent Edwards ever pass down the field with ANY Success? Or were al his passes checkdowns?

What they were practicing may be more indicative of the way they may really play in the real season so someone PLEASE tell us what practices were like!!!

All, there has been allot of speculation about 'Trentitive Edwards' passing in preseason...

Question is, is it because they are that Vanilla on purpose or because theyre that bad?

Did Trent Edwards ever pass down the field with ANY Success? Or were al his passes checkdowns?

What they were practicing may be more indicative of the way they may really play in the real season so someone PLEASE tell us what practices were like!!!

Also, please comment on the 'D' in regards to blitzes and coverages ect...

I went to camp a lot and there were much more downfield throws and complex pass routes. In the preseason games it seems like everything is a 5 yard route. That's not what I saw at camp. They did have their fair share of checkdowns, don't get me wrong, but not like we've seen in these games.

last year trent was in the top 10 qb's for completion percentage but only threw 11 td passes. the bears game told us everything we already know about trent. he was 10-10 for 71 yards and 0 td's!!! who cares if he goes 30-30, if it doesnt translate to td's than its pointless.

If you're asking if our QB is more comfortable passing long when he's playing two-hand touch in practice instead of going against actual competition that is trying to rip your head off, then the answer will probably be YES.

I went to camp a lot and there were much more downfield throws and complex pass routes. In the preseason games it seems like everything is a 5 yard route. That's not what I saw at camp. They did have their fair share of checkdowns, don't get me wrong, but not like we've seen in these games.

This actually gives me some hope then... In the preseason games... it looks like TE doesnt even look downfield before checking down, meaning the RB is the INTENDED reciever...

If this wasnt happening in camp then it is by design..

Also, please comment on the 'D' in regards to blitzes and coverages ect...

Pash rush is pathetic.

I think coverage against the Steelers looked pretty darn tight given the time Ben R. had to throw the ball. The lack of a pass rush is real and unless the team decides to unleash the DBs and LBs on blitzes more than in previous seasons then our 3rd down conversion (against) percentage will continue to suck. (IMO)

Pash rush is pathetic.

I think coverage against the Steelers looked pretty darn tight given the time Ben R. had to throw the ball. The lack of a pass rush is real and unless the team decides to unleash the DBs and LBs on blitzes more than in previous seasons then our 3rd down conversion (against) percentage will continue to suck. (IMO)

My question is regarding the training camp practices.. Im wondering if the scheme at practices are correlating to what were seing on the field... Let me be clearer.. Were the plays being run in practices as vanilla as were seeing in the preseason games? If so, were SCREWED!

My question is regarding the training camp practices.. Im wondering if the scheme at practices are correlating to what were seing on the field... Let me be clearer.. Were the plays being run in practices as vanilla as were seeing in the preseason games? If so, were SCREWED!

And ans already gave you the answer: no, this isn't the same offense we saw at SJF. Never is, once an opposing defense is added to the equation.

But remember this: when Owens isn't in there, these are EXACTLY the same skill-position players as last season (minus Royal, a non-factor), but with a reshuffled and much younger line. That offense finished 25th in total yardage, 22nd in passing, 23rd in scoring. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Actually I went to camp quite a bit and noticed that it was very similar to regular life....Trent Edwards didn't go deep hardly at all. Fitzpatrick and Hamdan both stretched the field a lot more. Edwards mainly checked it down, but sometimes he threw it in the middle of the field.

Sorry, I misremembered your question.

I did not go to camp, but the reports I read said that all of the pretty downfield passes you saw on the news took place after the QB would have been sacked and the play was basically dead. The WGR guys all said that most of what they saw at camp were checkdowns.

Don't fall for it. It's all subterfuge by Jauron & Co. Wait til you see the real air attack.

But seriously, I would be surprised if the first play of the season is not a deep bomb to Owens or Evans, given Pats young CBs.

Then again, maybe I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't....

Don't fall for it. It's all subterfuge by Jauron & Co. Wait til you see the real air attack.

But seriously, I would be surprised if the first play of the season is not a deep bomb to Owens or Evans, given Pats young CBs.

Then again, maybe I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't....

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bomb as they play CALL, but at that point its up to Trentative to have enough sack to actually attempt a pass down the field.

I did not go to camp, but the reports I read said that all of the pretty downfield passes you saw on the news took place after the QB would have been sacked and the play was basically dead. The WGR guys all said that most of what they saw at camp were checkdowns.

That's what I saw a lot, especially when trent was the QB.

I was at practice too and didn't see any more long balls from Trent than I have in preseason. I don't quite understand where you are going with the question though. To get to the point of where I think you are actually going with this. You only need to look as far as Fitzpatrick and Hamden. They throw the ball longer than Trent with regularity in preseason games. Why in the world would the coaching staff only let Trent throw short and let the other two guys fire away? No getting around it. Edwards is a check down artist. End of story.

I was at practice too and didn't see any more long balls from Trent than I have in preseason. I don't quite understand where you are going with the question though. To get to the point of where I think you are actually going with this. You only need to look as far as Fitzpatrick and Hamden. They throw the ball longer than Trent with regularity in preseason games. Why in the world would the coaching staff only let Trent throw short and let the other two guys fire away? No getting around it. Edwards is a check down artist. End of story.

Exactly!