Possible Head Coaches

CAVEDAWG

Hey DC Bills fan, I live in the DC Metro area, too...Northern VA.

Red - sorry for messing up your dream. I live in Northern VA too. We should get together at a Bills bar this season. I need someone to commiserate with and understand the pain we are all about to endure.

Whichever coach wins the UFL

Actually, my bet will be Jim Haslett. Bring in an old Bill with a head coach track

record.

Best part (for Ralph) is he would come pretty cheap. For God's sake he's coaching

in a semi-pro pro league, couldn't even land a coordinators position. For sure he will

come cheap.

Easy sell to the fans due to HC experience. Easy sell to Ralph dollar wise. Best of

both worlds!

I can see it know, a grand reunion!

Red - sorry for messing up your dream. I live in Northern VA too. We should get together at a Bills bar this season. I need someone to commiserate with and understand the pain we are all about to endure.

I am in Rockville and also looking for other fans to relate to how "it always hurts to be a Bills fan" over the coming Sundays. I will be watching the Monday Night game at Gorden Bierch in Rockville.

Oh yeah. Shanahan, hands down.

Marty would come in with a proven program and a staff of people who believe in it. He would forsake the fluff and small defensive backs for a team that can run the football. Even if he didn't win a superbowl, he would point the team in the right direction.

He would also cost about 1/2 of what it would take for a Cowher or Shanahan, and neither of them is coming here. Ralph should have hired him instead of Levy in 06. If he did, could there be any doubt that we would be a better team right now? I think not.

Marty would never win the big game, but he sure as hell would get us into the playoffs, which none of the previous three coaches have been able to do. I'll take Marty any day!

If we bring in one of the big name coaches, he's going to want a say in the personnel decisions. I would rather have someone who knows how to actually draft defensive players. Say, that Bill Cowher guy knows how to draft good players.

Now, that being said, if you think Ralph is going to pay Cowher $10,000,000.00 a year, and hand over football operations, you are certifiably bat-sh*t crazy.

We'll end up with:

a) Dick Jauron.

b) Bobby April.

c) The Cleveland Browns TE coach.

Crap. We'll prob end up with ©.

Who I'd like:

Gruden

Cowher

Shanahan

Rob Ryan

Russ Grimm - had to go outside the box for one

Who we'll get:

Perry Fewell

Cam Cameron

Mike Nolan

Scott Linehan

Love the RUss Grimm idea. He might also fit cost wise for Ralph. He would instill toughness for sure.