Turk

Had a conversation last year with my dad about Turk. I remember saying to him that their is a reason why he was never given a chance for an OC job. I think now we are truly seeing it. I know I know its only pre season..but not to even get any points last night is downright pathetic. If this continues we will all be lucky to see 3 wins this year. Bank on it.

Had a conversation last year with my dad about Turk. I remember saying to him that their is a reason why he was never given a chance for an OC job. I think now we are truly seeing it. I know I know its only pre season..but not to even get any points last night is downright pathetic. If this continues we will all be lucky to see 3 wins this year. Bank on it.

Just another poignant example of hiring coaches on the cheap. We suck!!

Did you perchance watch last night's game? Any of you?

Did you notice how most of the Steelers receivers who caught the ball down field (Ward especially) were covered? Do you not understand that we have a QB who wouldn't have made those throws in a million years? And do you not understand that that has little or nothing to do with the coach's gameplan, in fact Trenpidation is probably holding BACK the game plan significantly? Or do you just blame coaches and coordinators because you think it makes you sound smart?

Did you notice how most of the Steelers receivers who caught the ball down field (Ward especially) were covered? Do you not understand that we have a QB who wouldn't have made those throws in a million years? And do you not understand that that has little or nothing to do with the coach's gameplan, in fact Trenpidation is probably holding BACK the game plan significantly? Or do you just blame coaches and coordinators because you think it makes you sound smart?

You need to patent the word 'trenpidation' because it explains exactly what we've seen from our QB. I swear that Fitz and Hamdan are both sharper and more confident with their downfield throws than TE is now.

I swear that Dick Jauron is posting here under the username The Big Cat.

Not like you to ignore the message to attack the messenger.

You need to patent the word 'trenpidation' because it explains exactly what we've seen from our QB. I swear that Fitz and Hamdan are both sharper and more confident with their downfield throws than TE is now.

Consider the rights reserved, all of you! :lol:

Again...big cat knows it all. Coaches groom players, which ours are unable to do. Look at the Pats as an example of that.

In all reality, this is my feeling as well.

You could have Parcells on the sideline. But if Edwards lacks the b@lls to throw a pass greater than 10 yards, then the team and thus the offense are going nowhere.

You could have Parcells on the sideline. But if Edwards lacks the b@lls to throw a pass greater than 10 yards, then the team and thus the offense are going nowhere.

Parcells wouldnt tolerate his QB not to be groomed properly.

I blame both. Trentative apparently has no long ball. The coaches have coached him to take the underneath stuff. And, we can throw in the front office for going with a make shift, slapped together with bubble gum and shoe polish OL.

Lets face the facts. Our QB is Chicken Little. Watch his feet next time. He looks like a cat on a hot tin roof. Mr Bojangles didn't shuffle his feet that much. Not saying I'm a big TURK fan but he isn't getting much support on the field.

First of all there is no comparison between Big Ben and Trent Edwards, no other QB in the league can do what Ben can do...

He is 6'5'' and 250+lbs, can see over the line and is mobile, it usually takes more then one defensive player to tackle him and he is really elusive for his size. He basically won that SB trophy for the Steelers single-handedly. He plays behind one of the worst lines, which didn't run block or pass block very well last season. He was one of the most sacked QB's in the NFL and tends to hold the ball longer then he should. Still manages to find the receiver that is slightly open and get the ball to him.

Edwards needs help and lots of it, too bad the Bills coaches are so inept that they can't help him much and keep calling 5-7 step drop passing plays when he clearly doesn't ever get enough time to make those throws.

Edwards would thrive in a west coast offense designed to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds, short routes and underneath passes. Screen plays, roll outs, fake roll outs and a really good running game would all help Edwards.

Can we also remember that the first string offense played against what was the best defense in the NFL last season.

I couldn't watch the game in real time because JustinTV lags so badly, but it appeared to me that at least 50% of the time, Buffalo's DBs were 3-4 steps away from the receiver when they caught the ball. I saw that most of last year, too. That is going to give any QB time to pick his shots.

That being said, Snert's game plan is predictable, slow moving and unimaginative. Trehesitant looks awful. Without TO as a safety valve, he seems afraid to throw the ball any farther than 10 yards. He's starting to look like his confidence is gone. The combination of Snert & Trehesitant is lethal.

True and while none of us know how Trent is being coached, it would not be a huge stretch to think that this very cautious head coach is coaching his QB to be very cautious. Jauron's cautious nature + Trent's cautious nature and inexperience = a timid QB with low self confidence and not much leadership.