Can you run a n huddle when the O is this bad?

:lol:

When the O cannot use up some clock, and the O is this bad, are we not killing the Defense by time of possession.

Will we not wear out the D, especially in hot games?

I think the Bills need to go back to a regular offense until we get the game plan and O fixed.

What say you?

When the O cannot use up some clock, and the O is this bad, are we not killing the Defense by time of possession.

I think the Bills need to go back to a regular offense until we get the game plan and O fixed.

What say you?

With all due respect, it would be better to ask about running a no huddle with a small, relatively weak defense.

It isn't that bad to go 3 and out when your defense is stout and might actually get you the football right back. It makes little sense to run a no huddle and then line up the defense 50-75 yards away from scrimage. The other team will simply grind it out againt the "bend but don't break" idiocy that Jauron holds so dear.

Bill, does the present "no huddle" look effective to you? So far it looks pretty lame to me. No doubt the huddle leads to better play responsibilty understanding by the players, especialy the younger players.

The O-line is not talented enough to run a "K-gun" type no huddle. Taking 25 sec. to run a no huddle play seems ineffective to me. I have finally come to the conclusion that Dick J. should be gone, Mr Wilson will not change Head coaches in mid season, so I believe this season will be another Poor 7-9 year.

'Bill from NYC' date='Aug 30 2009, 09:30 AM' post='1529781']

With all due respect, it would be better to ask about running a no huddle with a small, relatively weak defense.

It isn't that bad to go 3 and out when your defense is stout and might actually get you the football right back. It makes little sense to run a no huddle and then line up the defense 50-75 yards away from scrimage. The other team will simply grind it out againt the "bend but don't break" idiocy that Jauron holds so dear.

The no huddle does not have to be a hurry up. Bringing players to the line prevents the opposing defense from substituting, but nothign says you have to snap the ball quickly.

Last night they did run at a quick pace and I would guess that is because they didn't want to give the Steelers time to stunt and change coverages.

As a plan that might sound like a good idea. In reality it was not.

What say you?

It really isn't the no-huddle that's to blame. The Bills (so far anyway) haven't been running a hurry up offense. I've seen them take the clock down to 4 and 2 seconds in their no-huddle. There is no difference between calling the plays while huddled or calling the plays at the line if you are not in hurry up mode.

The problem with this O is their ineffectiveness after the snap, not before it.