Trade for Derek Anderson

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would rather have Trent Edwards than Derek Anderson? :thumbsup:

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Anderson is NOT a good QB, and he isn't outplaying Quinn right now. Unless Quinn craps the bed over the next two weeks, he'll be the Browns starting QB.

I don't want to get a QB who might be arguably better than Trent Edwards, I want a star QB. There's no reason burning more picks for another placeholder.

Well, bust my buttons! Why didn't you say that in the first place? That's a horse of a different color! Come on in!

Anderson is NOT a good QB, and he isn't outplaying Quinn right now. Unless Quinn craps the bed over the next two weeks, he'll be the Browns starting QB.

Only because of the #1 pick status and certainly not because of performance.

I guess you're right. I mean how can you really judge mediocre quarterbacks. I'll try though. Anderson vs. Edwards = 1-0. Quinn vs. Edwards = 1-0. It's a small sample size, sure...but I'm having my doubts.

Plus you've got the one season that Anderson had. You know, the one Trent will most likely never attain:

298 527 56.5 3787 82.5 29 19 + Pro Bowl.

I don't know where you decided that, Anderson is NOT a good QB. But he's a season removed from throwing for almost 30 touchdowns. In 23 starts, Edwards has 18.

But, I'm sorry...you're right. He is [CAPS LOCK] NOT [/CAPS LOCK] a good QB.

Only because of the #1 pick status and certainly not because of performance.

No, Quinn is legitimately outplaying DA this summer and will win the job based on his play, not simply on being a first-round pick.

I guess you're right. I mean how can you really judge mediocre quarterbacks. I'll try though. Anderson vs. Edwards = 1-0. Quinn vs. Edwards = 1-0. It's a small sample size, sure...but I'm having my doubts.

Plus you've got the one season that Anderson had. You know, the one Trent will most likely never attain:

I don't know where you decided that, Anderson is NOT a good QB. But he's a season removed from throwing for almost 30 touchdowns. In 23 starts, Edwards has 18.

No need for the attitude. I've been stuck in the Cleveland area for the last few years, and have seen more than enough of Derek Anderson. He's simply not a good QB. He's not very accurate, he forces the ball into coverage, and makes a lot of bad decisions.

And DA didn't have a great season. He had a great half-season, and faded pretty bad down the stretch in 07.

LOL.... Yeah when you compare to Edwards. But do you REALLY think Anderson is a franchise QB? He cant even beat Brady Quinn!

Besides, QB is only one issue on this team. Continuing to recycle QBs will get us nowhere. <see last 12 years>

No, Quinn is legitimately outplaying DA this summer and will win the job based on his play, not simply on being a first-round pick.

No need for the attitude. I've been stuck in the Cleveland area for the last few years, and have seen more than enough of Derek Anderson. He's simply not a good QB. He's not very accurate, he forces the ball into coverage, and makes a lot of bad decisions.

And DA didn't have a great season. He had a great half-season, and faded pretty bad down the stretch in 07.

This isn't 1990. Just because you live in Cleveland doesn't mean you're the only one who has seen the games. I probably watched 13 or so of Cleveland's games that season thanks to the wonderful world of the internet, and I disagree. I didn't start this thread, and I realize this is a serious pipe dream, but I've decided it to take it upon myself to defend Anderson here. He is obviously better than Edwards. Attitude? You guys are just saying he's bad. I used stats. I'm not much of a stat guy even, but I mean, his cons would be pros in the Edwards column...

... "he forces the ball into coverage" Great! Bring him in. I'd rather he throw exciting picks than dump-offs.

LOL.... Yeah when you compare to Edwards. But do you REALLY think Anderson is a franchise QB? He cant even beat Brady Quinn!

Besides, QB is only one issue on this team. Continuing to recycle QBs will get us nowhere. <see last 12 years>

I totally agree with you. I just decided to prove that people can't defend Trent and then call Anderson a bad quarterback. Rather than just saying it, I pumped in some stats, so be it.

This isn't 1990. Just because you live in Cleveland doesn't mean you're the only one who has seen the games. I probably watched 13 or so of Cleveland's games that season thanks to the wonderful world of the internet, and I disagree. I didn't start this thread, and I realize this is a serious pipe dream, but I've decided it to take it upon myself to defend Anderson here. He is obviously better than Edwards. Attitude? You guys are just saying he's bad. I used stats. I'm not much of a stat guy even, but I mean, his cons would be pros in the Edwards column...

... "he forces the ball into coverage" Great! Bring him in. I'd rather he throw exciting picks than dump-offs.

Not to mention Braylon Edwards having a serious case of the dropsies last year really hurt Anderson big time.

I never said that I held exclusive domain on watching him play, just that I've seen a lot of him over the last three seasons (probably around 23, 24 of his games in a Cleveland uniform) and I've seen more than enough evidence that he is not a good QB and that 2007 was the exception and not the rule.

As for him forcing the ball into coverage - we're not talking Jim Kelly's "I can make any throw" swagger/bravado. It's more like a "hey, there's one of our guys, ooops, didn't see those defenders around him" or just poor throws. I think DA is a less athletic version of JP with similar accuracy and touch.

I totally agree with you. I just decided to prove that people can't defend Trent and then call Anderson a bad quarterback. Rather than just saying it, I pumped in some stats, so be it.

Don't mistake my disdain for DA as some sort of endorsement or defense of TE. I'm just of the opinion that DA is not a good QB and that he would not be an upgrade over TE.

Not to mention Braylon Edwards having a serious case of the dropsies last year really hurt Anderson big time.

Braylon Edwards is extremely disappointing as a supposed no.1 WR, but in fairness he is an equal opportunity drive killer - he drops passes no matter which QB is throwing to him.