• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it...

:doh:

112974[/snapback]

OK, anyone have a handle on the data interface between the CTC and the foreign state equivalents participating in the Wassenaar Arrangement?

That, and can anyone tell me where to get a link to Google?

OK, anyone have a handle on the data interface between the CTC and the foreign state equivalents participating in the Wassenaar Arrangement?

That, and can anyone tell me where to get a link to Google?

113117[/snapback]

Funny, I was just thinking about that last night. You want me to just post it, or DIRCON to your NIPR? :doh:

Of course not, but to his fellow Arabs, is Allawi REALLY an Arab?

I think not. I think they see him as something LESS because he stands for freedom.

112593[/snapback]

Jeez and if one is Arab you cant be for freedom. Man go crawl back into that cave.

if it looks like an Arab...smells like an Arab...praises to Mecca like an Arab...its an Arab...you mean there are actually good Arabs in the world...I'd never get that impression on this board

113859[/snapback]

That's alright, we'd never get the impression you'd be smart enough to earn a college degree. Amazing how perception works.

While my comments may have offended some here, I stand by them. Why? To me it seems Arabs have little or no regard for any non-Arab. Even their fellow Muslims, the Persians, are held in low esteem.

112613[/snapback]

Joe, how much regard do you have for your fellow man? Judging by some of your comments around here, not much. You seem to get all of your impressions of Arabs from TV and movies. Try getting out and meeting some real people sometime, they're not all as bad as you think. They have real hopes and fears, and *gasp* some of them are even flag-waving Americans. Until you have some real experiences with Arabs you're just another person making dumb generalizations without the faintest idea of what real people are like. It's so much easier to toss about labels and call people names from a distance, isn't it?

Joe, how much regard do you have for your fellow man?  Judging by some of your comments around here, not much.  You seem to get all of your impressions of Arabs from TV and movies.  Try getting out and meeting some real people sometime, they're not all as bad as you think.  They have real hopes and fears, and *gasp* some of them are even flag-waving Americans.  Until you have some real experiences with Arabs you're just another person making dumb generalizations without the faintest idea of what real people are like.  It's so much easier to toss about labels and call people names from a distance, isn't it?

113885[/snapback]

Have you been to the Middle East? I have. Yes, that's right Opie, i've been amongst arabs before, where *I* was in the minority. So YES, i've had real experiences with Arabs. Not only that, I'm a student of history. Yes, a history major, so I've learned quite a bit about Arab history and Muslim history as well. I know full well that despite all the cultural relativism polluting academia today, their rise was one of violence, intolerance and murder, and that history continues even today.

Are all Arabs bad? No, I'm sure some of them are just swell. But AS A WHOLE, their culture and religion promotes violence, terrorism and ill will toward anything and everything Western.

So before you go shooting your fool mouth off about who has and who hasn't met "real" Arabs, I'd suggest you dig a little deeper. I know for a fact I've mentioned the fact that I spent a good part of a year in the middle east.

Oh, and another thing.....I'm glad you're sensitive to other's needs. That's sweet. I guess I'm just from the old school, you know the one that says that until you show me your worth and trustworthiness...you shouldn't expect any good will in return. Why the Hell should we as Westerners even care what people who support those who blow up buses of women and children think or want? The very fact that they're complicit in allowing terrorism to happen makes them part of the problem. The world Arab community at large is today acting as accomplices to Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Al Quaeda and however many other terrorist organizations are out there.

May I make a recommendation? Read "The Beast Reawakens" and learn a liuttle bit about how Nazi refugees have formed today's Islamist threat.

The "Palestinians" don't want a two-state solution. They want a One-state solution. One without an Israel.

Hopes and fears. Pfft.

Have you been to the Middle East? I have. Yes, that's right Opie, i've been amongst arabs before, where *I* was in the minority. So YES, i've had real experiences with Arabs.  Not only that, I'm a student of history. Yes, a history major, so I've learned quite a bit about Arab history and Muslim history as well. I know full well that despite all the cultural relativism polluting academia today, their rise was one of violence, intolerance and murder, and that history continues even today.

114074[/snapback]

Not like any other "proud histories." :D So can I get you right that from your experiences, all those Arabs were terrible, unreformable people?

Are all Arabs bad? No, I'm sure some of them are just swell. But AS A WHOLE, their culture and religion promotes violence, terrorism and ill will toward anything and everything Western.

114074[/snapback]

If you believe the first part of your sentence, why make a stupid generalization? Or, why make the generalization your case and then back off of it? And you presume that to be Arab is to be Muslim ("their culture and religion") and to be ethnically Arab is to be part of "Arab culture" -- some Arabs are full-blooded Americans and owe just as much to this as to their Arab background. In addition, you don't need me to tell you that oftentimes LEADERS or what amount to simply the loudest voices, don't speak for THE WHOLE.

Oh, and another thing.....I'm glad you're sensitive to other's needs. That's sweet. I guess I'm just from the old school, you know the one that says that until you show me your worth and trustworthiness...you shouldn't expect any good will in return. Why the Hell should we as Westerners even care what people who support those who blow up buses of women and children think or want? The very fact that they're complicit in allowing terrorism to happen makes them part of the problem. The world Arab community at large is today acting as accomplices to Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Al Quaeda and however many other terrorist organizations are out there.

114074[/snapback]

OK Joe. What do you think some of these voiceless Arab women and children feel? What do you think people who you never hear feel? You just don't know. I don't either. They probably feel some resentment towards what has been portrayed as Western agression, yes. They probably also feel some resentment towards their place in life. You talk about all Arabs being evil and then wonder why the hell they want to blow us up. Which is it, do you want to extend a hand to them, or do you want to name them all "evil" and enter into the war the jihadists want? It is awfully hard to have both.

Someone called you out by pointing out that Allawi is an Arab, and you immediately discounted it. It's plain that your reading of history and cultural study is selective and conforms to what you want it to be, even if you do consider yourself a student of such matters.

Not like any other "proud histories."  :D So can I get you right that from your experiences, all those Arabs were terrible, unreformable people?

No, but if I were to respond honestly to that question you'd call me a racist. Well, I'll do it anyway. I felt extremely uncomfortable whenever I spent time in Kuwait City. The looks you got from people were downright hostile, even though I was there to protect their sorry arses. So if I sound a bit bitter, you'll have to understand that from MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with Arab culture, I came away with a whole lot of negatives. Far more than positives.

If you believe the first part of your sentence, why make a stupid generalization?  Or, why make the generalization your case and then back off of it?  And you presume that to be Arab is to be Muslim ("their culture and religion") and to be ethnically Arab is to be part of "Arab culture" -- some Arabs are full-blooded Americans and owe just as much to this as to their Arab background.  In addition, you don't need me to tell you that oftentimes LEADERS or what amount to simply the loudest voices, don't speak for THE WHOLE.

Really? Then where are all these voices of sanity and moderation? Why do you never hear from those who renounce terror in the Islamic community? Where are their leaders? Why do they not call for an end to violece against the west?

I'll tell you why, it's because if they did, they'd be lynched by their own populations.

OK Joe.  What do you think some of these voiceless Arab women and children feel?  What do you think people who you never hear feel?  You just don't know.  I don't either.  They probably feel some resentment towards what has been portrayed as Western agression, yes.  They probably also feel some resentment towards their place in life.  You talk about all Arabs being evil and then wonder why the hell they want to blow us up.  Which is it, do you want to extend a hand to them, or do you want to name them all "evil" and enter into the war the jihadists want?  It is awfully hard to have both.

What I'd like to hear is an Average Arab stand up and say "Hey. a$$sholes! Stop blowing people up!!"

Maybe then some bridges can be built and some rifts closed. Until then, I just can't see any reconciliation of our way of life with theirs.

Now I have a good question for you: There are probably more Hindus out there who are in a lot worse places than Arabs and Muslims and yet you never hear of a Hindu hijacking a plane or blowing up a bus. Or what about Chinese people? There are probably a billion desperatley poor Chinese people out there and yet they never EVER blow anything up. Why is it that Arabs should feel the need to blow themselves and other people up when they're in a "desperate" set of circumstances and yet these other people do not?

Someone called you out by pointing out that Allawi is an Arab, and you immediately discounted it.  It's plain that your reading of history and cultural study is selective and conforms to what you want it to be, even if you do consider yourself a student of such matters.

I've never had anything but positive things to say about Allawi. What I said was that his own people want him gone precisely because he believes in the cause of freedom. That's what's got the libs panties in a twist.

No, but if I were to respond honestly to that question you'd call me a racist. Well, I'll do it anyway. I felt extremely uncomfortable whenever I spent time in Kuwait City. The looks you got from people were downright hostile, even though I was there to protect their sorry arses. So if I sound a bit bitter, you'll have to understand that from MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with Arab culture, I came away with a whole lot of negatives. Far more than positives.

Really? Then where are all these voices of sanity and moderation? Why do you never hear from those who renounce terror in the Islamic community? Where are their leaders? Why do they not call for an end to violece against the west?

I'll tell you why, it's because if they did, they'd be lynched by their own populations.

What I'd like to hear is an Average Arab stand up and say "Hey. a$$sholes! Stop blowing people up!!"

Maybe then some bridges can be built and some rifts closed. Until then, I just can't see any reconciliation of our way of life with theirs.

Now I have a good question for you: There are probably more Hindus out there who are in a lot worse places than Arabs and Muslims and yet you never hear of a Hindu hijacking a plane or blowing up a bus. Or what about Chinese people? There are probably a billion desperatley poor Chinese people out there and yet they never EVER blow anything up. Why is it that Arabs should feel the need to blow themselves and other people up when they're in a "desperate" set of circumstances and yet these other people do not?

I've never had anything but positive things to say about Allawi. What I said was that his own people want him gone precisely because he believes in the cause of freedom. That's what's got the libs panties in a twist.

114162[/snapback]

"Now I have a good question for you: There are probably more Hindus out there who are in a lot worse places than Arabs and Muslims and yet you never hear of a Hindu hijacking a plane or blowing up a bus."

Not really the best example. Leaving aside massacres of muslims (obviously they started it) what about massacres of Sikhs in the '80s? Or research the history of the Tamil Tigers (Hindus) in Sri Lanka - maybe they haven't hijacked a plane or blown up a bus (though they may well have done so), but is massacring Buddhist priests really any better?

114162[/snapback]

Here's a link:

Tamil Tigers

Suicide bombings (thought muslims had the monopoly on that) and hacking women to death. Not exactly peaceful, these Hindus. Just because you "never hear of something" doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Here's a link:

Tamil Tigers

Suicide bombings (thought muslims had the monopoly on that) and hacking women to death. Not exactly peaceful, these Hindus. Just because you "never hear of something" doesn't mean it isn't happening.

114225[/snapback]

I stand corrected. But please, somewhere find me incidences of Chinese peasants blowing themselves up or hijacking planes.

.500 is a pretty good batting average :)

I stand corrected. But please, somewhere find me incidences of Chinese peasants blowing themselves up or hijacking planes.

.500 is a pretty good batting average :D

114561[/snapback]

No they like to try and break tanks tread by having the tank run over them in city squares. :blink: