Anyone want to tell me what this congress person is trying to say???

what did she mean that the "...United States elected someone from Kenya and Kansas, I'll put it that way...."....not sure why i got called a moron for posing this question...but maybe that's just how you chose to respond....

Maybe you're a moron. It all made easily apparent sense to me, and she didn't even use any big words. What exactly did you not understand? Maybe my 7 year-old niece can explain it to you.

by the way, that is at about the 1:15 mark....not sure if you got that far before you decided i was a moron

what did she mean that the "...United States elected someone from Kenya and Kansas, I'll put it that way...."....not sure why i got called a moron for posing this question...but maybe that's just how you chose to respond....

I listened to the entire thing, yes. You didn't understand what she was saying, or trying to say? Again, it was rather obvious.

I think he understood exactly what she was saying. You on the other hand are due for a tuneup of the old Sarcasm-O-Meter

ok, perhaps i am a moron, i was not being sarcastic...i listened to it over and over to see if maybe she was being sarcastic...but i don't think she was....she said 'people in the far east are looking at us as a country that has changed its way and elected....." is she being sarcastic and i am missing it??? if so...maybe i need to get a beer stat

I think he understood exactly what she was saying. You on the other hand are due for a tuneup of the old Sarcasm-O-Meter

ok, perhaps i am a moron, i was not being sarcastic...i listened to it over and over to see if maybe she was being sarcastic...but i don't think she was....she said 'people in the far east are looking at us as a country that has changed its way and elected....." is she being sarcastic and i am missing it??? if so...maybe i need to get a beer stat

You're not really that much of a moron, are you? Please tell me you're kidding. :ph34r:

in this case, i humbly admit that i am not getting it....i fear that i am missing something really simple....please end my agony...only thing i am thinking right now is you are turning it around on me...either way...there is no good way out of this for me.....HELP!!!!!!!

You're not really that much of a moron, are you? Please tell me you're kidding. :ph34r:

ok, perhaps i am a moron, i was not being sarcastic...i listened to it over and over to see if maybe she was being sarcastic...but i don't think she was....she said 'people in the far east are looking at us as a country that has changed its way and elected....." is she being sarcastic and i am missing it???

Oh sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic like when I post these kinds of thread

if so...maybe i need to get a beer stat

Doctor We need a 12oz dose of Sam Adams STAT!!!!

:ph34r:

in this case, i humbly admit that i am not getting it....i fear that i am missing something really simple....please end my agony...only thing i am thinking right now is you are turning it around on me...either way...there is no good way out of this for me.....HELP!!!!!!!

Obama's father is from Kenya and his mother is from Kansas.

OK....we didn't elect them....she says "...we elected someone from Kenya and Kansas..."... we didn't, we elected someone from Hawaii....that was a pretty stupid comment.....i kept trying to see if she was kind of goofing on 'the birthers'....if thats what you interpret from that...i can deal with it i guess...but in all honesty, i didn't realize his mom was from Kansas, so that was throwing me as well......i guess i am a moron....

Obama's father is from Kenya and his mother is from Kansas.

I guess I am from Buffalo after all....i always thought I was from Syracuse.....am I also from Italy and Ireland? SWEET!!!!!!! :ph34r:

OK....we didn't elect them....she says "...we elected someone from Kenya and Kansas..."... we didn't, we elected someone from Hawaii....that was a pretty stupid comment.....i kept trying to see if she was kind of goofing on 'the birthers'....if thats what you interpret from that...i can deal with it i guess...but in all honesty, i didn't realize his mom was from Kansas, so that was throwing me as well......i guess i am a moron....

You have been upgraded to half-moron. :ph34r: It's tolerable that you didn't know his mother was from Kansas. I just thought you were supporting the birthers by being sarcastic about Obama really being born in Kenya even though you knew he wasn't.

nope not at all....i still stand by that it was a very stupid comment by her....he is from Hawaii...

You have been upgraded to half-moron. :ph34r: It's tolerable that you didn't know his mother was from Kansas. I just thought you were supporting the birthers by being sarcastic about Obama really being born in Kenya even though you knew he wasn't.

nope not at all....i still stand by that it was a very stupid comment by her....he is from Hawaii...

But as you have so quickly learned, even if you truly don't understand what a liberal is saying, you're sometimes better off not admitting it as it triggers something in liberals that makes them quickly come out and call you a dumbass. Or a moron. Or part of an angry mob. Or some other ridiculous name.

Cuz...y'know...they're real compassionate that way.

Well, she clearly misspoke and made a mistake. But she also clearly knows that his father was from Kenya and his mother was from Kansas, and anyone should have been able to understand what she meant. If people are stupid for making one mistake when they speak, when it's rather obvious they knew the real story just made a simple speaking error, then myself and you and everyone else in the world is stupid.

But as you have so quickly learned, even if you truly don't understand what a liberal is saying, you're sometimes better off not admitting it as it triggers something in liberals that makes them quickly come out and call you a dumbass. Or a moron. Or part of an angry mob. Or some other ridiculous name.

Cuz...y'know...they're real compassionate that way.

I'm sure you knew what she meant, if you listened to her. And if you say you didn't, you're a liar.

Well, she clearly misspoke and made a mistake. But she also clearly knows that his father was from Kenya and his mother was from Kansas, and anyone should have been able to understand what she meant. If people are stupid for making one mistake when they speak, when it's rather obvious they knew the real story just made a simple speaking error, then myself and you and everyone else in the world is stupid.

We want to thank our guest, Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog, for joining us today. Make sure you pick up his DailyKos #1 Best Seller "When Liberals Misspeak: Don't Confuse Stupidity for Rhetorical Flourish."

Sure, I can tell you what she's trying to say.

She's saying "I'm a vile, racist c_nt who ironically enough is using the threat of racism to intimidate people from expressing their opinion about currently proposed legislation."

Ain't democracy great?

We want to thank our guest, Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog, for joining us today. Make sure you pick up his DailyKos #1 Best Seller "When Liberals Misspeak: Don't Confuse Stupidity for Rhetorical Flourish."

Rhetorical Flourish? :ph34r:

I thought it was because we the great unwashed mass of proles weren't able or worthy to understand our overlords

Hey, if you cannot tell the difference between when people misspeak and when people are mistaken, you're a moron, too.

I know this is hard for you, LA, but in order to understand people who are talking, you have to listen to what they say. If they make a simple mistake, it's extremely easy to still understand what they tried to say and what they meant. You guys, of course, don't see any real need to listen to what people say, or mean, because it just doesn't make any difference to you. And you and your conservative and Republican fellows prove it over and over and over. Like now.

Hey, if you cannot tell the difference between when people misspeak and when people are mistaken, you're a moron, too.

Yeah, because just the other day I was talking about New Jersey, and accidentally called it Sierra Leone. :ph34r:

That lady is nuts. And stupid. Or both. I mean, I fully expect at this point to be labelled a virulent racist for not supporting the health care agenda, because a vote against health care could only possibly be motivated by racism. But Che Guevara led the Cuban Revolution, and then appointed a lawyer named Fidel Castro to lead the country? :thumbsup:

I really don't think she unintentionally misspoke when she said "Kenya". I think she really is just a Cynthia-McKinnie-level moron.

Yes, of course we are all stupid because someone who is part of the worst Congress this country has ever seen decides to try to make Obama from Kenya and Kansas and not from Hawaii. :rolleyes:

We are calling this entire activity stupid. We are calling this Congressperson stupid for attempting to run this lame BS on us. This whole thread is stupid. But, trying to tell us that somehow when the dumbass canard fails to fool the people = makes the people dumbasses, and not the idiots who invented it? That is the height of stupidity.

Kelly: if these people represent you...and your positions...I am guessing your responses in this thread = "auto-anti-embarrassment mechanism". :w00t: Might want to actually use that writer's brain to think before you post next time, and spare us your automated response :) Oh, and sorry for pointing out the obvious stupidity here...but I can't control my "auto-anti-stupidity-mechanism".

Yeah, because just the other day I was talking about New Jersey, and accidentally called it Sierra Leone. :rolleyes:

because a vote against health care could only possibly be motivated by racism.

I really don't think she unintentionally misspoke when she said "Kenya". :w00t: I think she really is just a Cynthia-McKinnie-level moron. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

But..but...but...In "DC Tom-speak": if you don't like fixing healthcare by socializing it...the terrorists win! :P

Thank you for invoking the Cynthia McKinnie = moron example. The part I love about her? I don't need a boogeyman...that dumb biatch found a way to get herself elected! New show that Kelly can write for: "When fat ass, dumb ass, moronic biatches who affirmative-actioned/threatened their state party with civil rights lawsuits...ed their way into Congress....attack!" Yeah...go ahead and call me a racist for calling a moron....a moron....and telling the truth, once again. I can't wait. :P

Maybe I can get Bad "I could never qualify to be a" Lieutenant to show up and try to convince us that I have more in common with McViegh than his broom-pushing, hick-ass does.

Perhaps I defined progressive improperly once....but is it me? or does co-opting the word "progress" in your view point mean that you are now duty-bound to actually deliver it? Of course...given that we define "progress" as things actually getting better...for ALL of us.