Jim Rome?

evilcape

I've tried listening a few times and it isn't for me. I'm not a big sports media guy to begin with, but Rome is particularly boring. Seems like the type of guy I couldn't stand to be in the same room with for more than 5 minutes.

BTW, the OP seems to know a hell of a lot about a show that he hates so much. :thumbsup:

Right there.

Oh, and it was the Sklar brothers and I love when Jay Mohr guest hosts.

Thats them! They really need their own show. LOL'd lots of times to them. Jay Mohr did a impersonation of Harvey Keitel hosting. Another LOL deal

Rome sucks. People who like him are those who feel like they need to imitate his idiotic lingo and manner of speaking so they can be part of something bigger than themselves. Rome and his "clones" are mindless fools.

And his show sucks.

Or normal people could like things that you do not.....

Sincerely,

Patty in Modesto

I am actually a big fan of the Jim Rome show. I started listening to the last 20 minutes just because it was on GR when I would get out of highschool and it really grew on me. Now that I'm in college I listen as often as I can. The show really is like an aquired taste, the more you listen to it and get it, the more you will like it. I understand that it's not for everyone but the show is entertaining and often has me laughing my ass off.

Rome sucks. People who like him are those who feel like they need to imitate his idiotic lingo and manner of speaking so they can be part of something bigger than themselves. Rome and his "clones" are mindless fools.

And his show sucks.

Sorry to break the news to you but I've listened to his show for close to 15 years and I've never once imitated him or changed my vernacular based on his "takes". It's a radio show, I listen to it.

Sorry to break the news to you but I've listened to his show for close to 15 years and I've never once imitated him or changed my vernacular based on his "takes". It's a radio show, I listen to it.

Yeah, same here, except not fifteen years. I don't really find the need to imitate him. Actually, I find the word "take," used that way, annoying. But the guy still entertains me, especially when he gets a good rant going. I don't email the show or call it, either; I guess I'm not a good "clone"; I'm just someone who needs a laugh now and then between 12 and 3.

Interesting to see just how passionate some people are with their hatred of Rome. Did he do something to negatively impact these peoples' lives, or are they stuck with a radio with no dial or off switch?

Then I guess I'm not talking about you.

Thats them! They really need their own show. LOL'd lots of times to them.

They actually had a show on ESPN Classic called "Cheap Seats"......not sure if they still show the reruns or not, but it was a pretty funny show.