I think we all know what the Bills lack

Here is what the Bills need and seriously lack....my opinion.

#1 The Bills lack the ability to be feared on the field as a tough physical football team that takes real pride in punishing the opposing team. Headhunters, smash mouth football, stick um, punish them, take pride in hurting them.

#2 If you love the coach then you need to play hard for him, show him you want him around, help him keep his job. Why, because you like him! Practice hard, play hard :lol:

#3 A head coach that will not accept mistakes, poor play, dropped footballs, off sides, fumbles etc.

No player should be named the starter for more then 1 week, if you screw up, the 2nd string guy gets his shot! No exceptions! Robert Royal is a good example of a player that should have lost his job to Dereck Schouman or Derek Fine!

If you want that big fat new contract, then you will start all 16 games!

#4 The ability to develop a feeling of invincibility, the confidence that no team can really beat you. All great teams have it and without it you will be no more then average! The game is never really over, you will somehow find a way to win!!

I believe the above are the key, and so far, I don't see it! :lol:

You guys that have ever played football or been a head coach know exactly what I am talking about!

-DIE HARD 1967

The thing I notice the most is their lines get out muscled on offense and defense. We can't run the ball and when you can't run your forced into a passing attack only. Do we have the right QB for that type of offense? I'll give it half a season before I decide that. On defense I think we lack size on the line. This thread could be a time warp for the last 7 years or so.

#3 A head coach that will not accept mistakes, poor play, dropped footballs, off sides, fumbles etc.

No player should be named the starter for more then 1 week, if you screw up, the 2nd string guy gets his shot! No exceptions! Robert Royal is a good example of a player that should have lost his job to Dereck Schouman or Derek Fine!

-DIE HARD 1967

How can a coach that doesn't accept mistakes exist on a team with no center and the worst pair of tackles in the league? Also, the only starting caliber DL we have is Stroud. With no line, you have no team. Our OL has been in a state of decline since the third superbowl and the last acceptable DL included Bruce, Washington and Hansen

How can a coach that doesn't accept mistakes exist on a team with no center and the worst pair of tackles in the league? Also, the only starting caliber DL we have is Stroud. With no line, you have no team. Our OL has been in a state of decline since the third superbowl and the last acceptable DL included Bruce, Washington and Hansen

Are you trying to cheer me up?

Its not working :lol:

What basis do you have to say we have the worst pair of starting tackles in the league? We haven't even seen Butler play the position in a regular season game...for all you know, he's the best right tackle in the NFL. He COULD be the worst, but you can't accurately predict that sort of thing without evidence.

What basis do you have to say we have the worst pair of starting tackles in the league? We haven't even seen Butler play the position in a regular season game...for all you know, he's the best right tackle in the NFL. He COULD be the worst, but you can't accurately predict that sort of thing without evidence.

I watched us get dominated. Butler wasn't dominant at RG and his slow footedness will kill our run game and get Edwards killed. Thankfully, our LT knows he isn't a LT. We will be lucky to get four wins.

At least "my opinion" is in the headline.

#1 The Bills lack the ability to be feared on the field as a tough physical football team that takes real pride in punishing the opposing team. Headhunters, smash mouth football, stick um, punish them, take pride in hurting them.

#2 If you love the coach then you need to play hard for him, show him you want him around, help him keep his job. Why, because you like him! Practice hard, play hard :lol:

#4 The ability to develop a feeling of invincibility, the confidence that no team can really beat you. All great teams have it and without it you will be no more then average! The game is never really over, you will somehow find a way to win!!

I believe the above are the key, and so far, I don't see it! :lol:

You guys that have ever played football or been a head coach know exactly what I am talking about!

-DIE HARD 1967

good post - you've said what so many of us think!

The Bills need an owner who will let football people make football decisions. He's had mixed results when he delegates this responsibility of running the franchise. Polian was outstanding and TD was horrible.

Brandon cannot be considered a GM versed in personnel, nor could his predecessor. Still, even though RB has the title of GM, he can't hire and fire coaches.

The TD experience is not reason enough to avoid having to hire someone who can handle personnel.

The thing I notice the most is their lines get out muscled on offense and defense. We can't run the ball and when you can't run your forced into a passing attack only. Do we have the right QB for that type of offense? I'll give it half a season before I decide that. On defense I think we lack size on the line. This thread could be a time warp for the last 7 years or so.

Yes, good posting sir.

The Bills need an owner who will let football people make football decisions. He's had mixed results when he delegates this responsibility of running the franchise. Polian was outstanding and TD was horrible.

Brandon cannot be considered a GM versed in personnel, nor could his predecessor. Still, even though RB has the title of GM, he can't hire and fire coaches.

The TD experience is not reason enough to avoid having to hire someone who can handle personnel.

Agree. The TD approach was the right one. He was just the wrong guy. The only time we have been good since 1980 is when Polian got Ralph to open up the purse for Kelly, Bennett, etc, and Ralph made sure that didn't last very long.

#2 If you love the coach then you need to play hard for him, show him you want him around, help him keep his job. Why, because you like him! Practice hard, play hard :thumbsup:

I believe the above are the key, and so far, I don't see it! :thumbsup:

-DIE HARD 1967

#1 -- There are only a few teams in the league that fit that category, but the Bills are certainly not one of them.

#2 -- They do play hard for Jauron, and they do like and respect him. The problem is the talent is thin and the coaching is weak. But playing hard has never been the issue. That's why they played their hearts out the last game of the season, in a meaningless game for them, against Denver. I have never questioned that...

#3 -- DJ is not a great coach, this has been covered numerous times.

#4 -- That comes with talent and depth. This is the NFL, that rah rah stuff may work in high school, but talent will prevail in the end.

#5 -- "I think we all know what the Bills lack, my opinion" -- We all do know what the Bills lack, but everyone's list will be slightly different...

GO BILLS!!!!

Whatever else happens, the Buffalo Bills need RW as an owner.

When he passes, maybe the nickname will stay, Bills, but the first part of the team name will change inevitably, be it that year or 1-3 years down the road. Likely the day the franchise is sold.

RW may not be a perfect owner, but he is a Buffalo owner and at this point in the city history, we need him alive and in ownership position.

Enough complaining about him, he is a very necessary evil.

DJ on the other hand...