The cost of resigning or signing a starting QB

cmjoyce113

Anyone with even a spec of common sense or intelligence would know that any quarterback would rather be in the NFL playing for anyone compared to playing in another startup league that doesn't even if or how they will operate, even if it is with a good coach. And if Fassel is that great of a coach, why hasn't anyone hired him the last few years?

I'm sure Ralph has got Fassel on his short list of replacements for Dick Jauron....

Ya know, I thought that was a pretty snarky question at first, but the more I thought about it, the harder it was to decide. And I think Snert is more to blame for the offensive woes than DJ.

I will say this:

Draft Tebow.

Since Jauron has complete control over hiring and firing of coaches, and he is the HEAD coach, then he is more to blame then anyone.

First of all with the money that Eli and Rivers got the price of a QB per season is about $16 million with $6 or $7 million guarenteed.

After this season the Bills are going to have to make a choice on whether to resign Edwards or not. If we let him test the market he will sign first day somewhere for big money. He has the tools but lacks the coaching to be elite.

If we let him go we have no one on the roster to start for us. Our options would be to either draft or look to free agency.

Draft - Tebow, Colt McCoy, maybe Bradford, maybe Clausen ...if they choose to come out

These are probably the only guys in the draft that could step up and be a franchise qb immediately.

2010 free agent qb's - Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, Charlie Batch, David Carr, Daunte Culpepper, Jeff Garcia, Travaris Jackson

I dont know what you guys think but those are our options other than edwards

I don't know when Edwards' contract is up, but I'm sure of 1 thing-He is not going to be an unrestricted free agent-this is only his 3rd season, so if his contract is up, we just have to tender him the highest minimum & then see what happens. Chances are if he's good enough, we'll extend him or match any offer. If he's still a question mark, nobody is going to give up the draft choices to sign him & he'll be back next year with one more chance to show he's worthy of big $.

I don't know when Edwards' contract is up, but I'm sure of 1 thing-He is not going to be an unrestricted free agent-this is only his 3rd season, so if his contract is up, we just have to tender him the highest minimum & then see what happens. Chances are if he's good enough, we'll extend him or match any offer. If he's still a question mark, nobody is going to give up the draft choices to sign him & he'll be back next year with one more chance to show he's worthy of big $.

Signed through next year:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...0&sport=Nfl