Is this a fair $7500 Fine?

I am generally opposed to most of the discipline for celebrations. I think many of them are entertaining and make the game more fun to watch. But this one was just dumb. It just makes him look like a punk. I have no problem with this fine.

Ah, I really don't really don't think this one is fair...

Strange, I almost always agree with the fines!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

i think its rediculous. he didnt even turn to the crowd, as mentioned in the article.

it was moreso, a "ya ain't gonna stop me" gesture, than a "i'm gonna slit your throat!" gesture.

If that was a slit your throat gesture it needs a lot of work, he needs to watch more pro-wrestling, those guys know how to give a slit you throat gesture- looked to me that he was doing something to his chinstrap.

It was kind of minor, my opinion

How about the helmet spear at the goal line?

If that was a slit your throat gesture it needs a lot of work, he needs to watch more pro-wrestling, those guys know how to give a slit you throat gesture- looked to me that he was doing something to his chinstrap.

Agreed. I had to watch it twice to figure out whene did it, I was expecting a wrestling type slit throat.

I think the flag is appropriate, the fine is a little much

Its not like he doesn't HAVE that money he is in the NFL.

NFL is for everyone but especially impressionable on the kids.

Would not like to see pop warner kids making same gesture... but you ARE going to see it this weekend because of this guy.

Not the biggest crime in the world what he did, but a fine, taking at least a little money out of the guys pocket, means other nfl players won't do it which is good. Flag maybe not enough to drive home the point.

Even for guys making millions, noone wants to lose $7500.

Would not like to see pop warner kids making same gesture... but you ARE going to see it this weekend because of this guy.

Not the biggest crime in the world what he did, but a fine, taking at least a little money out of the guys pocket, means other nfl players won't do it which is good. Flag maybe not enough to drive home the point.

this might be true but if I wasn't looking for the gesture I would have never noticed it and if I had noticed it I would have thought he was doing something with his chinstrap or scratching his neck- like I said not a very impressive cut your throat gesture in my opinion.

It was kind of minor, my opinion

How about the helmet spear at the goal line?

The spear is irrelevant to this penalty, IMO. It could be argued that the spear should have been fined, as a separate incident (I would disagree), but how does that relate to the punishment at hand?

Moving on, if the throat slash was made toward an opposing player (or somehow been more blatant than what it was), I could understand the fine. But it seems excessive, and relatively pointless, given the actual behavior.

Just my opinion, of course.

Actually, he doesn't have the money, yet. He may not make the team...

The guy is a rookie fighting for a roster spot. He has no money.

The throat slash is an automatic fine, no matter who you are, and has been for quite some time. If you don't want to lose the money you don't have, then don't blatantly disrespect the NFL.

The guy is a rookie fighting for a roster spot. He has no money.

The throat slash is an automatic fine, no matter who you are, and has been for quite some time. If you don't want to lose the money you don't have, then don't blatantly disrespect the NFL.

I suppose a machine gun jester would be fine <_<