Trying to have hope

I am not very confident that we will be all that good. I do have hope though. I'll try to give you some of my reasons for optimism. Eric Wood has looked very good on the line, and Steve Tasker also noted that Hangartner played very well against the 3-4 last week, which is very important for us. Brad Butler played all of college opposite D'Brickshaw Ferguson at UVA and played very well. He just needs to get better re acquainted with the position. Levitre worries me as his technique needs a lot of work. Walker played admirably last year in place of Peters at LT. He has trouble with speed rushers and may kill us with holding penalties, but I hope he can be ok. I think the pass protection will be ok, the run blocking really worries me. However, with T.O. back in the fold, there will be a lot more opportunities for the other wideouts and backs to make plays. Trent is just the QB we need for this offense, although I think the pace needs to increase somewhat. If we do well with the passing game, then the defense can't pack the box (that's what she said). The defense was pretty solid last year. I LOVE our corners, Whitner, Scott and Byrd at Safeties is a strong group. Poz is good, Mitchell is decent, Ellison is GOD AWFUL. Nic Haris, however, should supplant him at some point because he's a beast. Our DE's are GARBAGE. Schobel looks old. I hope we cut either Kelsay or Denney. However, Ellis has shown a lot of progress and could be a good DE with us. Maybin, while maybe only a situational pass rush and rush LB, will be an upgrade over our horrid DE's. Our starters have gotten outscored a lot this offseason, but our 2nd and 3rd string, while I know they are playing against other second and 3rd stringers, is 41-9 against the other teams, meaning we DO have depth, and some postitons in 2nd string SHOULD make the bump up to start. It's difficult to gauge this year, but I have hope. Let's go BILLS!!!!

Guest dog14787
I am not very confident that we will be all that good. I do have hope though. I'll try to give you some of my reasons for optimism. Eric Wood has looked very good on the line, and Steve Tasker also noted that Hangartner played very well against the 3-4 last week, which is very important for us. Brad Butler played all of college opposite D'Brickshaw Ferguson at UVA and played very well. He just needs to get better re acquainted with the position. Levitre worries me as his technique needs a lot of work. Walker played admirably last year in place of Peters at LT. He has trouble with speed rushers and may kill us with holding penalties, but I hope he can be ok. I think the pass protection will be ok, the run blocking really worries me. However, with T.O. back in the fold, there will be a lot more opportunities for the other wideouts and backs to make plays. Trent is just the QB we need for this offense, although I think the pace needs to increase somewhat. If we do well with the passing game, then the defense can't pack the box (that's what she said). The defense was pretty solid last year. I LOVE our corners, Whitner, Scott and Byrd at Safeties is a strong group. Poz is good, Mitchell is decent, Ellison is GOD AWFUL. Nic Haris, however, should supplant him at some point because he's a beast. Our DE's are GARBAGE. Schobel looks old. I hope we cut either Kelsay or Denney. However, Ellis has shown a lot of progress and could be a good DE with us. Maybin, while maybe only a situational pass rush and rush LB, will be an upgrade over our horrid DE's. Our starters have gotten outscored a lot this offseason, but our 2nd and 3rd string, while I know they are playing against other second and 3rd stringers, is 41-9 against the other teams, meaning we DO have depth, and some postitons in 2nd string SHOULD make the bump up to start. It's difficult to gauge this year, but I have hope. Let's go BILLS!!!!

Hang in there buddy, the Buffalo Bills have put together a good football team.

I billieve...

we need to pick up ole Teddy Bruschi when he gets released-he shall lead us to the promised land...it has been written

I don't like him, don't want him to ever play a snap for the bills - he is in every sense of the word over-rated and always has been; but I would take him to pick his brain and well maybe for some divine intervention

Good post, I think we will be okay. Big year for Edwards, he is playing for that 2nd contract. He really needs to step up. I am high on the kid but it is time for the excuses to stop & for him to be a leader & produce on the field.

Here is a silver lining. If Edwards plays like he did last year chance are we will be picking in the top 10 & it will be a great draft if you need a QB. Bradford, Mccoy, Snead, Tebow all will be coming out next year. We should be able to get one of them. Plus if we pick in the top 10, most likely the skeletor will be gone.

Mike + Leach = two words unless of course you say them with an elongated drawl. Right now I would be happy to take Bobby April in one word format or two.

In all honesty something tells me he would be a great Head Coach. His STs are always prepared, he knows right when to through the right wrinkle in, his players are right where they need to be and he always seems to be involved and talking to them all on the sidelines...

I have to say that DJ hasn't done a terrible job as an HC compared to Greggo and Mularkey. We complain about the offensive game plan all the time, but we had Killdrive and co who would always pass on 3rd and 1, Mularkery would call a HB option on 3rd and 1; at least they run on 3rd and 1 now...Who can recall how many false starts, offsides, holding and other shi*ty penalties called against with us with those other coaches...this team is way more disciplined now than it has been in sometime. But I do think he has peaked...I think he did a good job of creating the discipline to transform from one of the most penalized teams to one of the least. It is just time for someone to come in and put the players in a position to win and to ensure that the team is prepared to play on Sunday's/Monday's/Thursday's...