What week will DJ be fired?

sharper802

3 times and how long has he owned the team? how many times in the past 30 years? the last time he did it was when?

like i said, Ralph does not have a history of firing head coaches during the season especially in todays NFL with head coaches making what they do

How often would you have liked him to fire a coach in the middle of the season? How many coaches would need to have been fired to have a history of firing coaches period? There have been only 14 coaches in Bills history, 3 of which have been fired during the season or roughly 21%

Lets take a look at the coaches and their fate

Ramsey = Fired

Saban = Quit

Collier = Fired

Harvey Johnson = Replaced by Rauch

Rauch = Resigned

Johnson = Fired

Saban = Resigned again

Ringo = Fired

Knox = Signed with Seattle

Stephenson = Fired

Bullough = Fired

Levy = Retired

Phillips = Resigned

Williams = Fired

Mularkey = Resigned

Jauron = ?

7 coaches fired out of 14 so far with 3 being fired during a season.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I watch this team, the more I am starting to believe the majority of the blame might belong to Schonert & Fewell rather than on DJ. I don't know for sure, but I would find it hard to believe that DJ micromanages the offense and defense. It that's the case, then the OC and DC are more to blame than the HC. Sure, the buck stops at the HC's desk, but it may have been RW's call to keep the Coordinators for this year along with DJ for "continuity's" sake.

I don't have much confidence in DJ, but at this point, considering the continued blandness and predictability of the offense and the way the defense plays off so far on receivers along with the lack of adjustments when they're getting burned, I'm really starting to feel that the culprits are more Schonert and Fewell.

Ralph keeps DJ throughout the season, even if they go 5-11, which is a real possibility.

this is the all time classic excuse for the team's ineptness.

DICK is the head coach but has no control over either of his hand selected coordinators.

what exactly is Dick responsible for if not the performance of his coaches and players on the field??

How often would you have liked him to fire a coach in the middle of the season? How many coaches would need to have been fired to have a history of firing coaches period? There have been only 14 coaches in Bills history, 3 of which have been fired during the season or roughly 21%

Lets take a look at the coaches and their fate

Ramsey = Fired

Saban = Quit

Collier = Fired

Harvey Johnson = Replaced by Rauch

Rauch = Resigned

Johnson = Fired

Saban = Resigned again

Ringo = Fired

Knox = Signed with Seattle

Stephenson = Fired

Bullough = Fired

Levy = Retired

Phillips = Resigned

Williams = Fired

Mularkey = Resigned

Jauron = ?

7 coaches fired out of 14 so far with 3 being fired during a season.

when was the last time? how many times in the last 30 years?

its called common sense which apparently you dont have

you cant say he has a history of firing coaches mid season when he hasnt done it in 23 years...period

when was the last time? how many times in the last 30 years?

its called common sense which apparently you dont have

you cant say he has a history of firing coaches mid season when he hasnt done it in 26 years...period

Are you kidding? Its not like they've changed ownership or anything. Just because it hasn't been done in a specified time frame doesn't mean that it never could again. You're a moron, plain and simple. Nearly half the coaches he's fired have been fired during a season. It doesn't matter when the last time was.

Are you kidding? Its not like they've changed ownership or anything. Just because it hasn't been done in a specified time frame doesn't mean that it never could again. You're a moron, plain and simple. Nearly half the coaches he's fired have been fired during a season. It doesn't matter when the last time was.

here we go, the WVU fan is calling someone else a moron, that makes perfect sense....i think I hear your sister calling for you

Ralph does not have a history of firing head coaches mid season, sorry you just cant understand that

the Pirates went to the playoffs in the early 90's, does that mean they have a history of winning or that it simply happened but isnt actually the norm?

conversation over

here we go, the WVU fan is calling someone else a moron, that makes perfect sense....i think I hear your sister calling for you

Ralph does not have a history of firing head coaches mid season, sorry you just cant understand that

the Pirates went to the playoffs in the early 90's, does that mean they have a history of winning or that it simply happened but isnt actually the norm?

conversation over

Not trying to step on anybody's toes or pick a side ...

Would it be fair to say that Ralph Wilson does have a history of firing coaches during the season (because he has done it before), but Wilson does not have a recent history of firing coaches mid-season?

this is the all time classic excuse for the team's ineptness.

DICK is the head coach but has no control over either of his hand selected coordinators.

what exactly is Dick responsible for if not the performance of his coaches and players on the field??

No one has called for DJ's head on a post more than me.

Ab

so

lutely

no one.

For all we know, RW may have told DJ that he AND the staff would be back intact for 2009. What exactly do you expect DJ to do with Snert & Fewell? Do you expect him to override them and start calling offensive & defensive plays? Fire them? Go all Cable on them & start swinging?

Snert so far has been unimaginative and predictable. Fewell is either unwilling or unable to adjust. The OL changes faces every year and there hasn't been a pass rush since Bill Clinton was introducing cigars to interns.

I still don't think career 7-9 DJ is HC material, but I don't think Snert & Fewell have proven that they are coordinator material, either. If this season ends up any worse than a wildcard shot, all three of them are gone. DJ has very little, if any, chance at a winning season with those two.

No one has called for DJ's head on a post more than me.

Ab

so

lutely

no one.

For all we know, RW may have told DJ that he AND the staff would be back intact for 2009. What exactly do you expect DJ to do with Snert & Fewell? Do you expect him to override them and start calling offensive & defensive plays? Fire them? Go all Cable on them & start swinging?

Snert so far has been unimaginative and predictable. Fewell is either unwilling or unable to adjust. The OL changes faces every year and there hasn't been a pass rush since Bill Clinton was introducing cigars to interns.

I still don't think career 7-9 DJ is HC material, but I don't think Snert & Fewell have proven that they are coordinator material, either. If this season ends up any worse than a wildcard shot, all three of them are gone. DJ has very little, if any, chance at a winning season with those two.

Agree, and I'd challenge you on who has call for Dick to be canned the most.

Keep in mind that Turk was DJ's hand picked coordinator after interviewing NOBODY else for the job. Dick sinks or swims on his decisions which collectively deliver 7-9. Bad coordinators = bad decision.

I hope Jauron turns the corner and is successful and makes the playoffs. That said, if at any point the season looks in doubt, I hope the trigger is pulled quickly. Seasons CAN be salvaged. I don't buy this crap about waiting until the offseason to make changes. If a change is needed then you make it and you make it immediately. I want a playoff appearance THIS season and if Jauron gets off to a shaky start of has another meltdown like last season, then Ralph has to make a change immediately.

after week 5 or 6....Bobby April...not my pick but it is the natural choice plus he's firey...

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, and I don't really have anything to back it up but I really like this idea. I've said before I think April would be a great head coach for Buffalo - maybe he'll get his shot this year and you can bet that if he does even mediocore he'll get an extension...thoughts?

In my wet dreams it would be this week but I am going for after week three. I figure a blowout loss to NE, a bothced time-out or 4th down call against TB, and another blowout against NO should just about do it.

Not going to happen! They will get things rolling wait and see....