What week will DJ be fired?

sharper802

I realize last nite was awful, but I'll wait until the season starts before I concede that it's already over.

I have never seen this board be so ridiculous. In the Super Bowl years, the Bills would go to Kansas City or Pittsburgh and get their butts handed to them IN THE REGULAR SEASON. Play sloppily in the preseason and it is the end of the world.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen this board be so ridiculous. In the Super Bowl years, the Bills would go to Kansas City or Pittsburgh and get their butts handed to them IN THE REGULAR SEASON. Play sloppily in the preseason and it is the end of the world.

OK, I'll give you that. What else do you see from this coaching staff and team (recent past and present) that would give you a shred of confidence that the Bills can win a playoff game this year?

You assumed a Dick Jauron coached team will make the playoffs.

This is a much better question.

OK, I'll give you that. What else do you see from this coaching staff and team (recent past and present) that would give you a shred of confidence that the Bills can win a playoff game a game against a playoff contender this year?

if you knew anything about Ralph or Bills history you would know he simply doesnt have a history of firing coaches during the season...yes its happened but not in over 20 years and with what coaches make now wont be happening again

people need to get used to the idea of Jauron being head coach bc thats not changing anytime soon and will most likely continue in 2010...Ralph would rather keep Jauron or any other coach then have to fire him and still have to pay him

I agree his history would argue against a coaching change but it could get ugly quick. Also I think Marty Schottenheimer being available makes it a bit more plausible.

I agree his history would argue against a coaching change but it could get ugly quick. Also I think Marty Schottenheimer being available makes it a bit more plausible.

with Wilson's history of meddling and screwing things up there's no way he comes to buffalo

In my wet dreams it would be this week but I am going for after week three. I figure a blowout loss to NE, a bothced time-out or 4th down call against TB, and another blowout against NO should just about do it.

It will most likely be after the season, and not when we are 2-7. We'll wait, and every fantastic NFL coach that now sits out there will be gone by the time we even start looking for a coach. Then, we'll go out and get the offensive coordinator from the Browns or somewhere as our new Head Coach, and god knows who will be the next GM/VP/Scout/Marketing director type person that will act as head of football personell.

In the SB years the teams were full of veterans that knew how to win. With the exception of TO there are no veterans with any winning experience.

Please tell me you are not worried with their performance to date, a revamped o-line that may have been more credibly put together by a schyzophrenic, and and a defense that actually starts Keith Ellison at LB.

Anybody else think that Jauron may survive? I mean he's got 2 more years on his contract after this season and has not tried serving up parts of his staff to the executioner as yet. Give him another rash of injuries at a position or two, a few interesting days weather-wise, and he'll have some more cards to play.

In my wet dreams it would be this week but I am going for after week three. I figure a blowout loss to NE, a bothced time-out or 4th down call against TB, and another blowout against NO should just about do it.

The more I watch this team, the more I am starting to believe the majority of the blame might belong to Schonert & Fewell rather than on DJ. I don't know for sure, but I would find it hard to believe that DJ micromanages the offense and defense. It that's the case, then the OC and DC are more to blame than the HC. Sure, the buck stops at the HC's desk, but it may have been RW's call to keep the Coordinators for this year along with DJ for "continuity's" sake.

I don't have much confidence in DJ, but at this point, considering the continued blandness and predictability of the offense and the way the defense plays off so far on receivers along with the lack of adjustments when they're getting burned, I'm really starting to feel that the culprits are more Schonert and Fewell.

Ralph keeps DJ throughout the season, even if they go 5-11, which is a real possibility.

3 times and how long has he owned the team? how many times in the past 30 years? the last time he did it was when?

like i said, Ralph does not have a history of firing head coaches during the season especially in todays NFL with head coaches making what they do

"Does not have a history" and "3 times in the past" are mutually exclusive statements but since you added "like I said" you must be correct

The more I watch this team, the more I am starting to believe the majority of the blame might belong to Schonert & Fewell rather than on DJ. I don't know for sure, but I would find it hard to believe that DJ micromanages the offense and defense.

You sound like an apologist, he's had 4 years to put in the system he wants...this is obviously the system he wants. It's not Schonert or Fewell's team...it's his team

You sound like an apologist, he's had 4 years to put in the system he wants...this is obviously the system he wants. It's not Schonert or Fewell's team...it's his team

Correction. It's Ralph's team. And this coach is the only one who will tolerate that sorta madness.

"Does not have a history" and "3 times in the past" are mutually exclusive statements but since you added "like I said" you must be correct

weak comeback

dont give me he did basically a quarter century ago and say he has a history of doing it...wouldnt he have had to do it at least once in the last 23 years to have a history of doing it? or more then once in the last 30 years...come on

the Kansas City Royals won the world series in 1985, would you say they have a history of winning it? of course not

I don't know for sure, but I would find it hard to believe that DJ micromanages the offense and defense. It that's the case, then the OC and DC are more to blame than the HC. Sure, the buck stops at the HC's desk, but it may have been RW's call to keep the Coordinators for this year along with DJ for "continuity's" sake.

Read the entire post.