The front page of the NY Post today...

IBTG81

It's on the front page of the Seattle PI too.

I'd rather he was not smoking and was on base in America playing ping-pong because there were no wars, but it is what it is.

111488[/snapback]

Had to throw that in, huh? :):(

Has a close-up of a US Marine, dirty and a little bloody, smoking a cigarette. It's a beautiful picture.

Thank-you to all those who served/are serving now.

You're all heroes.

111467[/snapback]

Decent picture, stupid-ass caption. The NY Post is trash.

And their crossword puzzles suck, as well.

Why don't ya like the Post? I dig the sports section.

111513[/snapback]

I'll give their sports coverage props (not hard to be the best in the city when you're competing with the NY Times, though). But overall, they're a tabloid in the grand tradition of British trash journalism. And they're a bad one...if I want to read tabloid journalism, I'll pick up the Weekly World News, which is at least creative.

Has a close-up of a US Marine, dirty and a little bloody, smoking a cigarette. It's a beautiful picture.

Thank-you to all those who served/are serving now.

You're all heroes.

111467[/snapback]

If that picture of that heroic American was taken in a NYC bar, the owner would be fined. His or her establishment would then be searched, and the owner could be fined once again for "Ashtray Possession." Nice work leftists! :(:)

Now, we are over there concerned about "freedom."

Couldn't the Post do better than refering to our brave fighting men as "Marlboro Men"  Now that is a disgusting habit, a killer too!!!  But they are out to sell papers

111542[/snapback]

What are you doing in Va. Beach? You should move to NYC, and help our behavioral controlling leftists create laws against headlines of this sort!

Couldn't the Post do better than refering to our brave fighting men as "Marlboro Men"  Now that is a disgusting habit, a killer too!!!  But they are out to sell papers

111542[/snapback]

Now, I'm not a smoker, but people do have a right to do it.

I agree with Bill also. This terrible law is KILLING the bar owners in NYC. When I go to a bar, I expect the smoke. Hell, it is part of the bar atmosphere.

What are you doing in Va. Beach? You should move to NYC, and help our behavioral controlling leftists create laws against headlines of this sort!

111556[/snapback]

Sorry just had a close Navy buddy die of lung cancer from smoking...picture kinda hit a nerve. Not all of our soldiers. airman and sailors are smokers....but it does make you look so tough....

Sorry just had a close Navy buddy die of lung cancer from smoking...picture kinda hit a nerve.  Not all of our soldiers. airman and sailors are smokers....but it does make you look so tough....

111562[/snapback]

May God rest his soul.

As much as I regret the death of a hero (which I consider him, sight unseen), I am about people, including property owners, having the right to make choices.

Sorry if this flies of the face of the religion of new liberalism.

May God rest his soul.

As much as I regret the death of a hero (which I consider him, sight unseen), I am about people, including property owners, having the right to make choices.

Sorry if this flies of the face of the religion of new liberalism.

111569[/snapback]

I just think more of our fighting men than to refer to them to a fictional smoking cowboy...I too believe in free choice , but damn , it better benefit me...hahahha

It's on the front page of the Seattle PI too.

I'd rather he was not smoking and was on base in America playing ping-pong because there were no wars, but it is what it is.  I hope he comes home, and quits smoking.

111488[/snapback]

OK, how about this: I hope he kills a lot of people and if he gets killed I'll send flowers.

What the HELL is wrong with not liking war?! War is against the laws of God and should be avoided at all costs. That guy most likely has a family that desperately loves him and wants him home in one piece. Would you flame them too?

I keep wondering why you aren't there, Sir Chickenhawk.

OK, how about this:  I hope he kills a lot of people and if he gets killed I'll send flowers.

What the HELL is wrong with not liking war?!  War is against the laws of God and should be avoided at all costs.  That guy most likely has a family that desperately loves him and wants him home in one piece.  Would you flame them too?

I keep wondering why you aren't there, Sir Chickenhawk.

111642[/snapback]

This is not a pro war/anti war thread, ya nut case.

I already explained why I'm not over there. I'm 6'3", 260 lbs. I'm a giant f'ing target. Is that the only argument you have? No, go in the kitchen and make me a sandwhich.

This is not a pro war/anti war thread, ya nut cuse.

I already explained why I'm not over there. I'm 6'3", 260 lbs. I'm a giant f'ing target. Is that the only argument you have? No, go in the kitchen and make me a sandwhich.

111658[/snapback]

It wasn't an anti-war statement either, just a wish that he stay safe. YOU chose to read more into it than I meant.

How the HELL did Pat Tillman get into the service then? You shame his memory you big coward.

This is not a pro war/anti war thread, ya nut cuse.

111658[/snapback]

The Corps need targets, Ed. How do you think you find a sniper? :)

It wasn't an anti-war statement either, just a wish that he stay safe.  YOU chose to read more into it than I meant.

How the HELL did Pat Tillman get into the service then?  You shame his memory you big coward.

111663[/snapback]

So, that means everyone who is pro-war and isn't in the military is a coward? Interesting lahjik there. Big surprise coming from you though. BTW, hold the mayo.

So, that means everyone who is pro-war and isn't in the military is a coward? Interesting lahjik there. Big surprise coming from you though. BTW, hold the mayo.

111670[/snapback]

Hey, if it's the right thing to do all Americans who can should be doing their part. There are plenty of guys who rushed out and enlisted after 9/11. Aussie's son is about to join because he believes so strongly, even though she does not.

Being young, strong, healthy, supporting the war and NOT enlisting because "I'm too big" is the lamest !@#$ing thing I ever heard in my life.

Hey, if it's the right thing to do all Americans who can should be doing their part.  There are plenty of guys who rushed out and enlisted after 9/11.  Aussie's son is about to join because he believes so strongly, even though she does not.

Being young, strong, healthy, supporting the war and NOT enlisting because "I'm too big" is the lamest !@#$ing thing I ever heard in my life.

111680[/snapback]

Last time I checked our services permit women to join. If you're so much for protecting the boys, why don't you join and take a slot so they can't. Ms. Coward.

Me I already served 6 years and was in a combat zone for a little while. What your excuse for making your statements without ever serving or going to injun country?

Hey, if it's the right thing to do all Americans who can should be doing their part.  There are plenty of guys who rushed out and enlisted after 9/11.  Aussie's son is about to join because he believes so strongly, even though she does not.

111680[/snapback]

Never answered my question. If you are pro-war, and of age, and not enlisted, does it make you a coward?

If there was a draft, I would go. Hell, if the govt came out and begged for more soldiers, or there was a serious need, I'd volunteer.

Never answered my question. If you are pro-war, and of age, and not enlisted, does it make you a coward?

If there was a draft, I would go. Hell, if the govt came out and begged for more soldiers, or there was a serious need, I'd volunteer.

111706[/snapback]

Assuming you're physically capable? Either a coward or a hypocrite.

Considering that they're calling back guys who have been out for 8+ years, and sending reserves in huge numbers, it would seem like they are in need of people. Don't let the door hit you in your large ass on the way! I'll even send you cookies and lots of cigarettes.

It's too bad the gov't can't send you a gilt-edged invitation. Be proactive.

Either a coward or a hypocrite.

Considering that they're calling back guys who have been out for 8+ years, and sending reserves in huge numbers, it would seem like they are in need of people.  Don't let the door hit you in your large ass on the way!  I'll even send you cookies and lots of cigarettes.

111788[/snapback]

Now the fat comments start... :D:(

Not gonna answer VABills? Your argument is weak, and you're grasping at straws. It's OK though, because if you do ever start to make sense, I know the end will soon be near.

Now the fat comments start... :D  :(

Not gonna answer VABills? Your argument is weak, and you're grasping at straws. It's OK though, because if you do ever start to make sense, I know the end will soon be near.

111794[/snapback]

1) I said large, not fat. I guess it is fat, though, eh, since you mention it? You would know.

2) Weeks ago I began to make use of the wonderful IGNORE feature and VAB was one of the first on my list. His posts are not worth reading and certainly not worth responding to.

1)  I said large, not fat.  I guess it is fat, though, eh, since you mention it?  You would know.

2)  Weeks ago I began to make use of the wonderful IGNORE feature and VAB was one of the first on my list.  His posts are not worth reading and certainly not worth responding to.

111799[/snapback]

Congrats VA!! That's two lists you're on now! BLZ, and T-boner. :D