Attorney General

BillsNYC

Gonzales was born in San Antonio, Texas and raised in Houston. He is a graduate of Texas public schools, Rice University, and Harvard Law School. Gonzales served in the United States Air Force between 1973 and 1975, and attended the United States Air Force Academy between 1975 and 1977. He is married to Rebecca and is the father of three sons.

Gonzales was born in San Antonio, Texas and raised in Houston. He is a graduate of Texas public schools, Rice University, and Harvard Law School. Gonzales served in the United States Air Force between 1973 and 1975, and attended the United States Air Force Academy between 1975 and 1977. He is married to Rebecca and is the father of three sons.

111454[/snapback]

He is CATHOLIC..praise the LORD...there is hope for the administration

He could be Jewish, Muslim, Shinto, Buddist..just not another member of the Christian Right....US law and the Bible..not a good mix

111463[/snapback]

He can be Catholic, but as long as he is not Christian? :)

Well by definition..a catholic is a christian..just not the conservative side of christianity

111477[/snapback]

Now that sounds silly. There are plenty of conservative Catholics and probably a lot of them voted for Bush. Being raised Catholic and going to Catholic schools I can say from experience it's PLENTY conservative.

One thing it doesn't do is pay much attention to politics. The Protestant Christian Coalition is a very politically-oriented machine. Or perhaps it's that the Republican party is a conservative Protestant idealogically-driven machine.

I'd even venture to pare it down to Southern Baptists, which are almost a breed unto themselves, although they are starting to splinter now too....

In any event this guy had been mentioned as a possible Supreme but he is SO conservative that the moderate Republicans might have trouble with him. Bush isn't going to risk getting Borked if he can help it.

My litmus test is whether he is as afraid of calico cats as Ashcroft. If not, he's an improvement.

So, they can be Christian, as long as they are not conservatives. Again:  :)

111486[/snapback]

I have no problem with Christian in our government..but if they begin to do their job based on their beliefs in the bible vice the constitution..I worry. I agree there are still some very conservative Catholics...my experience where i grew up..I was raised around very liberal thinking catholics...

I have no problem with Christian in our government..but if they begin to do their job based on their beliefs in the bible vice the constitution..I worry.  I agree there are still some very conservative Catholics...my experience where i grew up..I was raised around very liberal thinking catholics...

111496[/snapback]

To continue KRC's thoughts...

...so they're fine as long as you grew up with them? :)

:(