Bills may be able to beat the Pats..

PromoTheRobot

Don't be surprised if the game is close, there will be some ridiculous call by some official favoring the Pats.  Plaxico Burris was right.  The Patriots have their own set of rules.  Bob Kraft must have pics of Tagliabue somewhere.

PTR

111261[/snapback]

All of the Patriots accomplishments, in the past decade since Kraft has been owner, deserve giant fugging asteriks.

I can see it now:

McGuire: "You wanna talk about a game full of one-sided botched calls. You wanna talk about 2 teams on opposite ends of the officiating totum pole - watch this replay".

Theisman: "I had a chance to sit down and have dinner with Walt Coleman last night and he emphasized to me that Buffalo will not win this game under any circumstances".

Patrick: "I hear Suzy has an update on the latest screw-job. Suz?"

Kolber: "Thanks Mike. I spoke to Paul Tagliabue and he said that because London Fletcher thought about hitting Tom Brady, that's a 15 yard penalty and an automatic 14 points under section IV of the rule book. Nobody has ever heard of this rule before, but it is a rule. Back up to you guys in the booth."

Edited by BuffOrange

I can see it now:

McGuire:  "You wanna talk about a game full of one-sided botched calls.  You wanna talk about 2 teams on opposite ends of the officiating totum pole - watch this replay".

Theisman: "I had a chance to sit down and have dinner with Walt Coleman last night and he emphasized to me that Buffalo will not win this game under any circumstances".

Patrick: "I hear Suzy has an update on the latest screw-job.  Suz?"

Kolber:  "Thanks Mike.  I spoke to Paul Tagliabue and he said that because London Fletcher thought about hitting Tom Brady, that's a 15 yard penalty and an automatic 14 points under section IV of the rule book.  Nobody has ever heard of this rule before, but it is a rule.  Back up to you guys in the booth."

111364[/snapback]

Hilarious..!!!

Kraft pays off people. Period.

and the NFL wants to keep Brady's star power intact for the ladies.

It's a joke. The pregame Brady deification will be so out of line with this kid's actual talent that he must be embarrassed sometimes.

I just made this statement on another thread, but since this one is devoted to the subject, it's worth repeating here (I guess...lol)

Disscussing bad officiating even before the game is played is in poor taste. It's like we are preparing to lose before the BIlls even step onto the field. What's the point?

Sure, the Bills (and other teams) have been screwed by the refs (do we need to remember the "just give it to 'em" game in Foxboro?). But that is part of the game. I do not subscribe to the belief that the Pats get any more breaks than any other team from the Zebras. The difference is that the Pats, at least over the past 3 years, have been able to capatalize on MORE of the breaks they get than any other team. That's not bad officiating, that's just good football.

Don't be surprised if the game is close, there will be some ridiculous call by some official favoring the Pats.  Plaxico Burris was right.  The Patriots have their own set of rules.  Bob Kraft must have pics of Tagliabue somewhere.

PTR

111261[/snapback]

This is totally key. The Bills will have to beat the Pats despite the best efforts of the NFL to give the Pats the game. Given some of the horrible calls that happened this year, it's fairly clear that every year there are a few "golden child" teams and players that just don't get called for stuff.

Example? Ray Lewis. This guy can hold ANYONE in pass protection and not get called. You can count the entire Pats team in this one as well. Bills will just have to make sure they account for this, because it's going to happen.

LOL. 31-0 last year in Foxboro. It was the ref's fault.

Making excuses before the game is even played pretty much sums up how you guys feel about your team. I'm sure you're all Mike Martz fans as well.

Making excuses before the game is even played pretty much sums up how you guys feel about your team. I'm sure you're all Mike Martz fans as well.

112061[/snapback]

Dear guest:

I know we are living in the past, but do you have a response to "just give it to em". You know the game and it was a play or two before the phantom pass interference in the end zone during the hail mary pass.

Guest Martz+Dungy=Mungy

C'mon guys. The Bills always play us tough. Why are you making excuses before the game has even begun?

Show some dignity. Then I won't have to lump you into my equation.

Martz + Dungy + WhinyBillsFans = ???

Let me answer this if I may.

The Bills got hosed in the JGITT game between the pass interference and the Jefferson catch on the sideline. The refs were horrible in that game. The result was unjust.

Objectively, the Pats have gotten more calls that have gone their way over the last three years than have gone against them. I think that’s a fair statement. I also don’t think this is unusual for winning teams – often times in the NFL the only difference between two teams might be one call, and the team that gets it ends up winning, so it follows that winning teams in the NFL usually have this type of fortune on their side when looking back at their record.

Asserting however that there is an NFL conspiracy to “give” the Pats’ calls is completely asinine. The refs don’t care which teams win or lose. They want to make the right call every time. They don’t always, but that is their objective. It’s not roller derby.

Also, extrapolating touchdowns and changing losses to victories based on one call changing in a game is usually ludicrous. Reasonable in the JGITT game because it all happened in the final 30 seconds, and with the proper calls the ball turns over on downs and the outcome changes. However, to take some call in the 2nd quarter, assert that it was wrong, that team A wouldn’t have scored and that with the proper call Team B would have scored and then Team A would have lost momentum….– insanity.

Dear guest:

I know we are living in the past, but do you have a response to "just give it to em".  You know the game and it was a play or two before the phantom pass interference in the end zone during the hail mary pass.

112074[/snapback]

Don't forget the unconscious fumble recovery.

PTR

112061[/snapback]

This from a city that cried about the Yankees getting all the ump calls!

PTR

I'd also just like to add that during last year, the Pats got absolutely SCREWED by the refs frequently. The two blatant ones that spring to mind are:

- In Denver on Monday night, there's a bad Koppen/Brady exchange on a snap, and the ball is loose. The refs IMMEDIATELY signal Denver ball, without even checking to see who's got it. Brady comes out of the pile with the ball, and a replay after the ad break shows him clearly falling on the ball and maintaining full control over it. Brady reveals the next day that the ref admitted to him that they screwed up.

and:

- In Miami, the game is in overtime. Feidler throws it deep to Derrius Thompson who, while looking up for the ball, steps out of bounds, and then steps out of bounds AGAIN while coming down from catching the ball. This was so obvious that it should've been spotted on the field, but the ref controlling replay in the booth didn't do anything about it either.

It's worth noting that while both of these obvious screwjobs could've easily cost the Pats the game, they overcame the bad calls and won. That's what good teams do. I guess the bad teams just whine about them.

Guest Crutzfield-Jacob Bills

On behalf of my colleague, MadBuffalo, let me say that all five games lost by the Bills this year were due to the refs.

Guest Bob Leddon

The old axiom, you should not let the game be close enough to be decided by the ref. That being said, I have always felt the bills get more then their share of the bad ones.