Stallworth suspended for full '09 season

scribo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for both parties in this situation. More for the victim. I hate how everyone is quick to say ohh stallworth should be banned, or suspended for a LOOONG time. Im sure the family is grieving, but the 5+ millions of dollars is helping them cope, if they where to say I don't want the money, just make him pay! I would then side with the family of the person who died.

Im sure many people have driving after having a few drinks of wine, shots, or beers, so you can't put Donte on the firing line either, cause an accident like that could have happened to anyone.

my 2 cents!

Wow, a gun in the trunk gets you a fifth of the season, and killing dogs gets you 5 games, and killing a man gets you 16 games. What a fckued up "personal conduct policy."

you have to factor in "star ability" and "market size of team." If Stallworth was still on the pats*, it'd be 1 game.

I feel bad for both parties in this situation. More for the victim. I hate how everyone is quick to say ohh stallworth should be banned, or suspended for a LOOONG time. Im sure the family is grieving, but the 5+ millions of dollars is helping them cope, if they where to say I don't want the money, just make him pay! I would then side with the family of the person who died.

Im sure many people have driving after having a few drinks of wine, shots, or beers, so you can't put Donte on the firing line either, cause an accident like that could have happened to anyone.

my 2 cents!

Have to disagree with you. If the NFL wants to throw around their privilege not a right thing than I would say heavily contributing to the circumstances of a mans death would go under voiding that privilege. Unlike Mike Vick who served prison time (Almost two years not a BS 21 day sentence) Stallworth got off pretty easy if you ask me so if the NFL wanted to ban him for life I would support them. A season is just not enough if you ask me.

As for the it was an accident thing I have to disagree again. Stallworth was way over the legal limit and he could have taken a cab or limo home he has the money to do so. If Stallworth just had a beer or two and was hovering just below or around the legal limit I would be more sympathetic but he was trashed beyond all reason. And anyone who drives drunk is a scumbag. You want to endanger your life and the life of others because you are too lazy to call a cab?

Vick killed dogs but to me at least he went bankrupt and spent 2 years in a real jail. Stallworth who killed a person gets 3 weeks in jail and a year away from football to me thats not enough.

Have to disagree with you. If the NFL wants to throw around their privilege not a right thing than I would say heavily contributing to the circumstances of a mans death would go under voiding that privilege. Unlike Mike Vick who served prison time (Almost two years not a BS 21 day sentence) Stallworth got off pretty easy if you ask me so if the NFL wanted to ban him for life I would support them. A season is just not enough if you ask me.

As for the it was an accident thing I have to disagree again. Stallworth was way over the legal limit and he could have taken a cab or limo home he has the money to do so. If Stallworth just had a beer or two and was hovering just below or around the legal limit I would be more sympathetic but he was trashed beyond all reason. And anyone who drives drunk is a scumbag. You want to endanger your life and the life of others because you are too lazy to call a cab?

Vick killed dogs but to me at least he went bankrupt and spent 2 years in a real jail. Stallworth who killed a person gets 3 weeks in jail and a year away from football to me thats not enough.

A 0.12 BAC is "trashed beyond all reason"???

to hit someone with you car and kill them, apparently so

and its alot different, he killed someone.......other have not, doesn't mean its right....just means his consequences had a very severe outcome for a person and family

No real consequence for him

Doesn't matter. It's over the legally-accepted limit for BAC. Just like a unregistered, loaded gun locked in a box in a trunk of a car is a felony, even though it's not harming anyone, it's against the law.

Goodell is a joke.

If Stallworth just had a beer or two and was hovering just below or around the legal limit I would be more sympathetic but he was trashed beyond all reason.

Either you do not understand how the BAC scale works or you are engaging in hyperbole so absurdly over the top as to render your entire argument worthless. .12 is hardly "trashed beyond all reason". More like one beer above the legal limit. Hell, until MADD got their hooks in the politicians the legal limit was .10.

Wow, a gun in the trunk gets you a fifth of the season, and killing dogs gets you 5 games, and killing a man gets you 16 games. What a fckued up "personal conduct policy."

Wow, a fully grown adult who still doesn't know what the word "intent" means. What a fckued up "educational system".

to hit someone with you car and kill them, apparently so

To hit someone who ran out in front of your car could have happened with no alcohol present. Wasn't that the finding of the court?

No one is excusing Stallworth's behavior. I happen to think he should have received more than 21 days in jail, but IMO a one year suspension from the NFL is the appropriate punishment.

Some people can barely drive a car sober. A .12 BAC is pretty bad why drive a car when you are a best really buzzed. There is no need to operate a vehicle that can kill a person when you are not in the best mental capacity. Call a !@#$ing cab or limo why risk it. Well he did risk it and he should pay because his wreckless actions killed a person. If he did a year or two in jail I wouldn't be opposed to letting him back in but to me as a person who values human life 21 days in jail and a year of your playing time just isn't enough of a punishment.

I know I am asking the league to take justice into its own hands but to me it has to. Stallworth got away with it (Not saying this guy should spend his life in prison but give up a year and a half or two years in prison) because the guy he hit was an illegal and Stallworth could afford the best legal representation as well as settle with the family.

I know Stallworth is a big guy (I will say between 200-220 pounds) but .12 is pretty bad for driving a car. My cousin has a breathalyser (For fun just to see how trashed people get at his house) and I (I am 6 foot 4 and my weight fluctuates between 200-220) at around .1 can start to loose my motor skills not that I am trashed or even drunk at that point but I wouldn't drive a car no way.

At around .12 you are in no shape to drive a car your reaction time is lowered and your motor skills are not as sharp. Like I said why risk it just call a cab or a limo.

Wow, a fully grown adult who still doesn't know what the word "intent" means. What a fckued up "educational system".

Wait, so since Stallworth didn't "intend" to kill the man while legally drunk and possibly with drugs in his system, he deserves a slap on the wrist (which is what he's been getting)? And this is the definition of "grown up" thinking? Okay KD in CT, what do you think the "intent" of Lynch's gun was?

Some people can barely drive a car sober. A .12 BAC is pretty bad why drive a car when you are a best really buzzed. There is no need to operate a vehicle that can kill a person when you are not in the best mental capacity. Call a !@#$ing cab or limo why risk it. Well he did risk it and he should pay because his wreckless actions killed a person. If he did a year or two in jail I wouldn't be opposed to letting him back in but to me as a person who values human life 21 days in jail and a year of your playing time just isn't enough of a punishment.

I know I am asking the league to take justice into its own hands but to me it has to. Stallworth got away with it (Not saying this guy should spend his life in prison but give up a year and a half or two years in prison) because the guy he hit was an illegal and Stallworth could afford the best legal representation as well as settle with the family.

I know Stallworth is a big guy (I will say between 200-220 pounds) but .12 is pretty bad for driving a car. My cousin has a breathalyser (For fun just to see how trashed people get at his house) and I (I am 6 foot 4 and my weight fluctuates between 200-220) at around .1 can start to loose my motor skills not that I am trashed or even drunk at that point but I wouldn't drive a car no way.

At around .12 you are in no shape to drive a car your reaction time is lowered and your motor skills are not as sharp. Like I said why risk it just call a cab or a limo.

I think the NFL has to defend its own policies by being reasonable.

One of these days they will make a suspenjsion too over the top and a player will sue for re-instatement at which point they may have to codify and normalize their punishment system. A year, Stallworth is a man, he will take it like a man and sit. More, maybe he sues, and the whole goodell as god scenario would be up for real review.

I think the NFL has to defend its own policies by being reasonable.

One of these days they will make a suspenjsion too over the top and a player will sue for re-instatement at which point they may have to codify and normalize their punishment system. A year, Stallworth is a man, he will take it like a man and sit. More, maybe he sues, and the whole goodell as god scenario would be up for real review.

I said a year would be fair the other day. After thinking on it, more wouldn't have phased me. A year and 4 games to make him less attractive to teams isn't out of the question, IMO. Frankly, life-time bans should be on the table, although not necessarily in this case.

Wait, so since Stallworth didn't "intend" to kill the man while legally drunk and possibly with drugs in his system, he deserves a slap on the wrist (which is what he's been getting)? And this is the definition of "grown up" thinking? Okay KD in CT, what do you think the "intent" of Lynch's gun was?

How is a one year suspension a 'slap on the wrist'? How many guys have ever received that long a suspension? It's not the NFL's job to make up for a perceived lack of punishment by the criminal justice system. If that's your problem, take it up with the Florida legislature.

And stop whining about Lynch already.

How is a one year suspension a 'slap on the wrist'? How many guys have ever received that long a suspension? It's not the NFL's job to make up for a perceived lack of punishment by the criminal justice system. If that's your problem, take it up with the Florida legislature.

Goodell isn't bound by what the law determines. At least that's what I've heard when it came to Lynch and how he deserved 3 games for a traffic ticket and a gun in the trunk of his car, and how he "got away" with them. Oh and where's Pacman Jones these days? Who'd he kill?

And stop whining about Lynch already.

I will when Goodell stops looking like the joke he is.

Stallworth got away with it (Not saying this guy should spend his life in prison but give up a year and a half or two years in prison) because the guy he hit was an illegal and Stallworth could afford the best legal representation as well as settle with the family.

For at least the third time...Mario Reyes was not an illegal alien. And what would Reyes' immigration status have to do with the league's punishment of Stallworth anyways?