Quick 8/12 Training Camp report

ACor58

I will not go into the detail as a lot of other posters do but one thing is apparent.

The good - Trent looked awesome last night. He was very accurate and threw a lot of really nice passes. I also noticed the "clock in his head". During 7 on 7 if it took longer then a few seconds for a receiver to come open he would move around in the pocket.

The bad - Fitzpatrick, Hamdan, and Baker SUCK. It was painful to watch when they were in there. If Trent goes down we might as well switch to a wishbone offense because none of these guys have any business being on an NFL roster.

The offense seemed to being having its way with the defense last night. All four backs, Lynch, Jackson, Omon and Rhodes seemed to have nice lanes to run through. They all looked explosive.

Roscoe got a ton of looks last night and made one of the best catches I have ever seen on a deep ball. He was basically tackeled (pass interference) by Lankster on a 50 yd bomb and managed to haul it in.

One thing I found interesting during the tight end drills. Of all the tight ends, Derrick Fine seems to run the best routes. He has really good feet, has a very quick plant and an explosive cut. Shawn Nelson also got some looks with the first team.

Byrd and Youbooty did not play

good post, but one quick question...

would you take Fitz or Hamdam over JP Losman???

I was thinking about that last night and I have to say that it is a toss up. I would have rather seen the Bills bring in a guy like Graham Harrell or Chase Patten and give them a chance.

I will not go into the detail as a lot of other posters do but one thing is apparent.

The good - Trent looked awesome last night. He was very accurate and threw a lot of really nice passes. I also noticed the "clock in his head". During 7 on 7 if it took longer then a few seconds for a receiver to come open he would move around in the pocket.

The bad - Fitzpatrick, Hamdan, and Baker SUCK. It was painful to watch when they were in there. If Trent goes down we might as well switch to a wishbone offense because none of these guys have any business being on an NFL roster.

The offense seemed to being having its way with the defense last night. All four backs, Lynch, Jackson, Omon and Rhodes seemed to have nice lanes to run through. They all looked explosive.

Roscoe got a ton of looks last night and made one of the best catches I have ever seen on a deep ball. He was basically tackeled (pass interference) by Lankster on a 50 yd bomb and managed to haul it in.

One thing I found interesting during the tight end drills. Of all the tight ends, Derrick Fine seems to run the best routes. He has really good feet, has a very quick plant and an explosive cut. Shawn Nelson also got some looks with the first team.

Wow! How bad must our defense be! Also, if Fine is lighting up the TE drills-your TE's suck bad.

Wow! How bad must our defense be! Also, if Fine is lighting up the TE drills-your TE's suck bad.

It's not that he was lighting it up, he just looks very fluid when he runs and makes very sharp cuts.

I was thinking about that last night and I have to say that it is a toss up. I would have rather seen the Bills bring in a guy like Graham Harrell or Chase Patten and give them a chance.

wow that's not a good thing if it a toss up :o

Baker is just a training camp body anyway

If Edwards goes down during the season we are in for a long year.

and BTW I am not completely sold on Edwards as of yet, but he is the best we got.

Now you're making some sense! :o

I won't dispute what you saw last night, but on Sunday I thought Hamdan looked decent. He has looked decent almost every time I see him in a real game (even preseason). Not great, mind you, but serviceable, to be sure.

I wouldn't mind if the Bills brought in someone like Harrell, but there is almost no chance they would be able to contribute this year, IMO.

Well they did bring in Patten for a workout but he must have not been very impressive....I just find it hard to believe there is not a better option out there than Fitzpatrick.

I won't dispute what you saw last night, but on Sunday I thought Hamdan looked decent. He has looked decent almost every time I see him in a real game (even preseason). Not great, mind you, but serviceable, to be sure.

I wouldn't mind if the Bills brought in someone like Harrell, but there is almost no chance they would be able to contribute this year, IMO.

It has more to do with the way they throw the ball. The throws that Trent were making were tight, in the right place, and always seemed to bea the defender by a mili second.

As for the other guys, the throws that were on target (which seemed to be about half the time) seemed to float a little more, the receivers had to reach for them, and the defenders always seemed to get their hands in there. Being that I was in the endzone really helped put this in perspective.

It has more to do with the way they throw the ball. The throws that Trent were making were tight, in the right place, and always seemed to bea the defender by a mili second.

As for the other guys, the throws that were on target (which seemed to be about half the time) seemed to float a little more, the receivers had to reach for them, and the defenders always seemed to get their hands in there. Being that I was in the endzone really helped put this in perspective.

I saw this in the HOF game. None of our back-ups showed zip on their passes. Their passes didn't necessarily float, but they weren't 'bullets'.