Same ol' DICK!!

This part is most ridiculous. Maybe because it's a !@#$ing pre-season game and Omon won't be returning kicks in the reg season anyway? I don't like Jauron either but wow, talk about nitpicking.

That would be Hall not Omon. Hall had that duty yesterday.

After watching him for 3 seasons, what did you honestly expect? Sheesh.

I expected him NOT to have been offered an extension halfway through last season.

He WILL be fired.

Why wait.

He is just not good enough- not based only on yesterday.

This guy is so passive I can't believe he actually played in the league.

Bills have no concievable shot at beating the Titans this year...

Hey that game is not until November.

The O-Line could all become pro-bowl material by then.

The D-Line by that time crushes every QB that even thinks about dropping back, and hits everything that moves behind the line.

Ok, Ok ... how about:

The entire Titan starting offense and defense, as well as the entire coaching staff comes down with the H1N1 virus on game day.

Hey, it could happen! :thumbsup:

So what if you put in your starters versus their 3rd stringers/camp fodder, should be great practise in getting in that quick and easy TD. In soccer the proteams often practise versus amateurs in order to achieve a maximum shootout, build team chemistry whilst having fun. The last drive in the 4th quarter caould have been used easily for that. Then go back into the lockerroom and build a positive vibe out of that.

Hell, just leave Hamdan in and see if he can bring us back. I think we'd had a decent chance. But to put Baker in. Give me freakin' break. He sucks and we all know it. I was ticked. JF took his rookie out after he threw a pick.

While I don't agree that pre season games mean anything and that you should go balls out to win, when your team is coming off back to back to back to back losing seasons, a win or two in pre season could build some confidence. Maybe.

Not sure what putting Baker in buys us.

I think the frustration with DJ is valid based on regular season performance, but getting worked up about the first preseason game or any preseason game is not worth it. Wait until the NE* game and then we can truly judge if he and the team have anything new that can beat NE* and the officials.

Yesterdays game was just a reminder of the last 3 years.

A microcosm of mediocrity.

Preseason, regular season- same bad, passive coach who plays NOT to lose.

I've seen it enough to know that it won't change.

Unfortunately, the QB seems to be the same way.

6-10.

The other thing that troubled me in the decison making last night was the 3rd down pass into the end zone by fitz. Maybe it could have been caught, not sure. But to send a guy into the end zone and then stop and hesitate and come back. Come on, the guy was and will always be covered like wet blanket. Can't we come up with something a little more clever to get in the ez than that? I know it was pre season and we don't want to tip out hand ...

6-10.

after reading some of these sky are falling threads from the last two days I just cant believe that no one

has mentioned that the HOF game looked just like a scrimmage and NOT like a regular season game at all.

It looked to me as if the coaching staff was calling plays that would put the team into situations that they had worked on

in practice.

for example:

4th and short near the goal line

short range field goal

medium range field goal

long range field goal

new rules on kickoffs

4 min defense

2 min offense

"strike zone" offense (run heavy)

"strike zone" offense (pass heavy)

alright I agree strike zone is the lamest term ever BUT

they obviously were not playing to win

they were working on stuff that they had been practicing all week.

does this mean the team has no balls?

or does it mean that they have a lot of young/new players that need some time and practice learning a new system?

or

maybe I'm wrong

8-8

The thing is, Jauron is not that far away from being a decent coach. His teams seem to play hard for him, they really work at their jobs. His teams have the right attitude and make the effort needed to win.

But, head coach is only as good as all his assistant coaches and the schemes they run, the Bills have some serious problems with the Tampa 2 and (Mike Martz) Schonert passing offense.

The no huddle is only effective as long as the offense continues to make first downs,then it will limit substitutions and cause the defense to wear down. If the team can't make many first downs constantly trying to throw the ball and the QB has no time to throw, the no huddle is useless.

If its November and its 20 degrees outside with 40 mph winds along with snow and Ice and the OC is still calling constant passing plays 'hoping" to get a first down, when the team should be running the ball.

Jauron continues to build the secondary and make the passing defense stronger, which seems kind of pointless considering opposing teams can beat the Bills by simply running at them, a big flaw of the Tampa 2.

after reading some of these sky are falling threads from the last two days I just cant believe that no one

has mentioned that the HOF game looked just like a scrimmage and NOT like a regular season game at all.

It looked to me as if the coaching staff was calling plays that would put the team into situations that they had worked on

in practice.

for example:

4th and short near the goal line

short range field goal

medium range field goal

long range field goal

new rules on kickoffs

4 min defense

2 min offense

"strike zone" offense (run heavy)

"strike zone" offense (pass heavy)

alright I agree strike zone is the lamest term ever BUT

they obviously were not playing to win

they were working on stuff that they had been practicing all week.

does this mean the team has no balls?

or does it mean that they have a lot of young/new players that need some time and practice learning a new system?

or

maybe I'm wrong

8-8

The guys practiced great on Friday. They like playing together. Obviously, a tough situation out there fake-punt wise. And you can't prepare for that.

It's funny that both DJ and Jeff Fisher are former NFL DB's, with the latter have a short career. Then again, Jeff Fisher didn't win much in his first few years, so that makes it OK for DJ not to win in his first 3 years in Buffalo, right?

I thought it was interesting where Tennessee's strength lies: OL and DL. They draft there and even without Haynesworth should be formidable. The Bills have been taking skill players, and we're still concerned about both OL and DL. There's a trend there, and it begins with the HC.

Round 1, Pick 11 -- DEFENSIVE END Aaron Maybin

Round 1, Pick 28 -- OFFENSIVE LINEMAN Eric Wood

Round 2, Pick 19 -- OFFENSIVE LINEMAN Andy Levitre

Come again?

It's funny that both DJ and Jeff Fisher are former NFL DB's, with the latter have a short career. Then again, Jeff Fisher didn't win much in his first few years, so that makes it OK for DJ not to win in his first 3 years in Buffalo, right?

I thought it was interesting where Tennessee's strength lies: OL and DL. They draft there and even without Haynesworth should be formidable. The Bills have been taking skill players, and we're still concerned about both OL and DL. There's a trend there, and it begins with the HC.

There lies the difference in the two clubs.

Notice there not to much drop off between the Titans D-line when the subs come in???

Well coached the Titans are.

Cant say the same about the Bills....

6-10.

A couple times in the red zone Sunday. 1st an 2nd down runs. Never any play action on first down. Like not getting that all important 2 yard gain on first down isn't worth the risk? Just so predictable. DC's gotta love playing us. It's like a week off for them. They probably go golfing all week and let the assistant's take over. "Hey you guys can handle the shop this week, You should be able to brush these guys aside without too much problem. I'm going to Hilton Head for a 5 day relax"