Berman.. taking shots at some of the other owners?

SDS

I don't remember the quote, but when Chris starting laying into owners who try to make themselves more important than they really are - he was pretty blunt.

:look how great Ralph is and look how much you suck" was his bsic premise... :lol:

And Ralph never voted for a franchise move because he believes teams owe something to their fans, unlike greedy owners chasing a buck.

PTR

I mostly agree with that except some fans suck and do not deserve a franchise.

I was in LA the year both the Rams and Raiders moved and... nobody cared. Totally amazing but absolutely true.

Many franchises do not deserve some of its "fans".

Robert Kraft was one of those owners he was taking shot at I am sure.

Berman had been critical of whole Patriots*not Connecticut move thing. That announced move and retraction has been removed several times from Wikipedia entry.

I don't remember the quote, but when Chris starting laying into owners who try to make themselves more important than they really are - he was pretty blunt.

:look how great Ralph is and look how much you suck" was his bsic premise... :lol:

+1

Anyone who DIDN'T envision Jerry Jones throughout Berman's intro must've been tuning in to something else.

And it seems that Pat Bowlen has become one of those owners who needs the press. He used to be a great owner.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/758403.html

Not a video link. But its the transcript.

The most important thing that Berman said is that it is really the fans that were being enshrined. That is what is important to embrace and run with, so that going forward this franchise and its fans are treated fairly after Ralph's passing.Its going to be a fight so we need to be prepared for the fight. No more of this "poor city" bull crap.

And it seems that Pat Bowlen has become one of those owners who needs the press. He used to be a great owner.

And Mike Shanahann was a great coach, until, around, say 1999... in the end, it is the players who make these guys...

As a part-time Broncos fan, up until this season (I loathe the current coach, and pray that he falls flat on his ass...I rarely root for guys to fail), I blame Bowlen for two bad things...he was the first owner to severely overpay for a free-agent Left tackle, raising that positon, in the mind of players and agents, to a level almost on par with a starting QB. He was also the guy who ok'd the disturbing uniform trend (which nearly every team that has made a uni change since, has followed) of stupid oval stripes on the side of the jersey which extends to the pants...I hate that...if the Bills were to remove this from their current uniforms, they would be almost palatable...

This may have already been mentioned, but did any of you feel that Chris Berman was slamming Jerry Jones when he was talking about all of the great attributes of Ralph last night? Berman kept talking about how our owner was an owner that hired his people and let them do their job, etc... I kept thinking that Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder were probably getting pissed.

And Mike Shanahann was a great coach, until, around, say 1999... in the end, it is the players who make these guys...

As a part-time Broncos fan, up until this season (I loathe the current coach, and pray that he falls flat on his ass...I rarely root for guys to fail), I blame Bowlen for two bad things...he was the first owner to severely overpay for a free-agent Left tackle, raising that positon, in the mind of players and agents, to a level almost on par with a starting QB. He was also the guy who ok'd the disturbing uniform trend (which nearly every team that has made a uni change since, has followed) of stupid oval stripes on the side of the jersey which extends to the pants...I hate that...if the Bills were to remove this from their current uniforms, they would be almost palatable...

I never liked the new uniforms either. Pat got rid of the orange jersey, the only one in the NFL.

This may have already been mentioned, but did any of you feel that Chris Berman was slamming Jerry Jones when he was talking about all of the great attributes of Ralph last night? Berman kept talking about how our owner was an owner that hired his people and let them do their job, etc... I kept thinking that Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder were probably getting pissed.

Who's won more Super Bowls?