People have to stop comparing things to Hitler and Stalin

I was watching the Colbert report and he was interviewing a crazy birther (Orley Tates) and she said Obama was going to be another Stalin. Stalin killed fifty million people directly Obama even if you hate him isn't going to do that. A few years ago the left was comparing Bush to Hitler even if you hated Bush and the war in Iraq it was no where near the tragedy of World War 2.

Its not just in politics I was at home depo and a guy was so pissed about having to give his drivers license in order to get a deposit back on something and he said it was worse than Auschwitz. Seriously a minor infringement on privacy and an inconvenience isn't worse than a concentration camp.

Is anyone else really pissed off about people so loosely throwing around these comparisons to really tragic events about political leaders who they disagree with and such minor things.

I was watching the Colbert report and he was interviewing a crazy birther (Orley Tates) and she said Obama was going to be another Stalin. Stalin killed fifty million people directly Obama even if you hate him isn't going to do that. A few years ago the left was comparing Bush to Hitler even if you hated Bush and the war in Iraq it was no where near the tragedy of World War 2.

Its not just in politics I was at home depo and a guy was so pissed about having to give his drivers license in order to get a deposit back on something and he said it was worse than Auschwitz. Seriously a minor infringement on privacy and an inconvenience isn't worse than a concentration camp.

Is anyone else really pissed off about people so loosely throwing around these comparisons to really tragic events about political leaders who they disagree with and such minor things.

Ok...Pol Pot, can we use him?

Ok...Pol Pot, can we use him?

I think we need to keep slurs confined to a single decade of reference.

It has to be Stalin/Hitler or Pol Pot/Idi Amin.

Never Stalin/Amin or Hitler/Pot

But that's just me.

I think we need to keep slurs confined to a single decade of reference.

It has to be Stalin/Hitler or Pol Pot/Idi Amin.

Never Stalin/Amin or Hitler/Pot

But that's just me.

Is Genghis Khan and Shah Ala Mohammed okay?

Who are you to tell me who I can, and can't, use in a comparison? Hitler?

Not saying you can't use the comparison but that you just really shouldn't its not only a terrible and not apt comparison but its really offensive and despite the shock value it doesn't help your case or point at all. I hope you were trying to be funny.

Not saying you can't use the comparison but that you just really shouldn't its not only a terrible and not apt comparison but its really offensive and despite the shock value it doesn't help your case or point at all. I hope you were trying to be funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny.

I was funny.