First coaches poll got me thinking...

NFL vs College Football  

19 members have voted

1. 1. With no vested interest, do you enjoy watching an NFL or College Football game more?

• NFL
    • College Football

If you don't have vested interest in a particular game, (Example: Bills games, game that involve your alma mater), do you enjoy watching College Football or the NFL more and why? I've talked to some people about this topic recently and the answers were pretty split. Got some pretty interesting answers/debate so I wanted to gage some more thoughts that are out there with both seasons kicking off in the near future...

Personally, I have fallen in love with college football over the last 4 or 5 years. Although there are some obvious BCS flaws, the rivalries, old-school stadiums, tradition, fan experience, overtime format, and the talent-level of the kids competing every Saturday has really done it for me. This season is setting up to be even better than last with Florida, Oklahoma and Texas bringing back very strong teams with Heisman-candidate quarterbacks, plus a host of other contenders like USC, Va Tech, Ohio St, etc. If its not a Bills game, I would choose going to/watching a college football game on television that I don't have a vested interest in over the same type of NFL game 9 time out of 10.

i can't answer that, because I have a vested interest in both....if i didn't care about Buffalo Bills, or Syracuse Orange, who knows if I would have a preference of one over the other....i think that is my problem with NASCAR...i don't follow a racer, so watching a race is not a huge interest to me at all...without a favorite driver, they are just driving in ovals

If you don't have vested interest in a particular game, (Example: Bills games, game that involve your alma mater), do you enjoy watching College Football or the NFL more and why? I've talked to some people about this topic recently and the answers were pretty split. Got some pretty interesting answers/debate so I wanted to gage some more thoughts that are out there with both seasons kicking off in the near future...

Personally, I have fallen in love with college football over the last 4 or 5 years. Although there are some obvious BCS flaws, the rivalries, old-school stadiums, tradition, fan experience, overtime format, and the talent-level of the kids competing every Saturday has really done it for me. This season is setting up to be even better than last with Florida, Oklahoma and Texas bringing back very strong teams with Heisman-candidate quarterbacks, plus a host of other contenders like USC, Va Tech, Ohio St, etc. If its not a Bills game, I would choose going to/watching a college football game on television that I don't have a vested interest in over the same type of NFL game 9 time out of 10.

i can't answer that, because I have a vested interest in both....if i didn't care about Buffalo Bills, or Syracuse Orange, who knows if I would have a preference of one over the other....i think that is my problem with NASCAR...i don't follow a racer, so watching a race is not a huge interest to me at all...without a favorite driver, they are just driving in ovals

one of my favorite parts of college football, after being so heavily invested in the Bills, is that im NOT that interested in any particular team.

it allows me to just enjoy the game without having my heart broken most of the time, or ever. i can sit back and appreciate all of the good plays of the game, without tearing my hair out.

one of my favorite parts of college football, after being so heavily invested in the Bills, is that im NOT that interested in any particular team.

it allows me to just enjoy the game without having my heart broken most of the time, or ever. i can sit back and appreciate all of the good plays of the game, without tearing my hair out.

That's a great point. It's more about the love of the game. To Poojer's point, I see what you are saying, but the reason I am not a fan of NASCAR and don't watch it at all is because I don't like it as a "sport". It just doesn't interest me. I'm sure many others around here would echo that. I don't really have a favorite college football team in particular, just like I don't have a favorite driver for obvious reasons, but as far as the sport as a whole, I can't get enough of it.

That's a great point. It's more about the love of the game. To Poojer's point, I see what you are saying, but the reason I am not a fan of NASCAR and don't watch it at all is because I don't like it as a "sport". It just doesn't interest me. I'm sure many others around here would echo that. I don't really have a favorite college football team in particular, just like I don't have a favorite driver for obvious reasons, but as far as the sport as a whole, I can't get enough of it.

College football is 10xs better then the NFL. It is not even close. The rivalries, the atmosphere, the 12 hours of non stop football on saturdays. The NFL has become too corporate. With all the new stadiums going up, in alot of venues the stadiums have lost their atmosphere. I love watching the bills, but as for the rest of the NFL, I would rather watch college football. The arguement that there are so many lopsided games every saturday does not hold water with me. There is 50 games played every saturday, of course there are going to be some mismatches. Week in & week out though there are amazing matchups. Look at the the first weekend of the season. Thursday night Oregon has got to go into Boise St. This could knock out a favorite BCS buster right out of the gate if Boise loses. Then saturday a couple of unbelievable matchups. Georgia has got to go into stillwater & play Okl St, who is loaded onn offense, BYU plays Oklahoma in Dallas, V Tech plays Alabama, a game in which could be argued the winner has the early inside track on the BCS national championship & Illinois plays a rebuilding Missouri team. What a great weekend of college football.

I can't wait for that Oklahoma St-Georgia game. The Cowboys have arguably the best skill-position player combo in the country with Zach Robinson at QB, Kendall Hunter at RB and Dez Bryant at WR. Bryant might be the best wideout in the nation this year, Hunter led the Big-12 in rushing last year and is vastly underrated nationally, and Robinson is proven with both his arm and his legs.

College football is superior to the NFL,imo. The other posters in this thread have listed many good reasons why. One more I don't see mentioned here is the variety of schemes and styles used in college. The NFL is such a cookie cutter league. The schemes of all the teams are so similar,even the stadiums,while huge and extravagant in many cases,are so generic compared to the conference and regional differences of the college game. I've been to games at Bulldog Stadium in Fresno and the Big House in Ann Arbor and several places in between. Each place has it's own excitement and culture,it's great.

I can't wait for that Oklahoma St-Georgia game. The Cowboys have arguably the best skill-position player combo in the country with Zach Robinson at QB, Kendall Hunter at RB and Dez Bryant at WR. Bryant might be the best wideout in the nation this year, Hunter led the Big-12 in rushing last year and is vastly underrated nationally, and Robinson is proven with both his arm and his legs.

Now you did it, now you got me in the gambling mode. I was originally leaning to Okl St. Home crowd, payback game from last year, Georgia does not have an identity on offense, line is only -3 right now. I have read though that Georgia defense is going to be pretty good. I hope this is not a case where SEC team speed on defense just dictates the game & the bulldogs get out of there with a win.

Now you did it, now you got me in the gambling mode. I was originally leaning to Okl St. Home crowd, payback game from last year, Georgia does not have an identity on offense, line is only -3 right now. I have read though that Georgia defense is going to be pretty good. I hope this is not a case where SEC team speed on defense just dictates the game & the bulldogs get out of there with a win.

If the line is anything around 3 in a few weeks, I'm going with Oklahoma State, no questions asked. Something tells me it will be around 5, 5.5 by then though, so now might be the time to get it if you can and that's the way you're leaning.