Wood vs Peters

Since we received the #28 pick from the Eagles for the Peters trade, it'a safe to compare Peters vs Wood. I know it's still early to make any solid predictions or comparsions, but you can't help but be impressed with Wood. Wood worked out with his old teammate (I forget his name, but plays on the Packers O-line), and packed on about 15 lbs of muscle. His preparation on dedication to Bills already speaks volumes. So far, he's been highly impressive in camp. It would have been nice if Peters had the same work ethic as Wood. Only time will tell if we got the better player.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we received the #28 pick from the Eagles for the Peters trade, it'a safe to compare Peters vs Wood. I know it's still early to make any solid predictions or comparsions, but you can't help but be impressed with Wood. Wood worked out with his old teammate (I forget his name, but plays on the Packers O-line), and packed on about 15 lbs of muscle. His preparation on dedication to Bills already speaks volumes. So far, he's been highly impressive in camp. It would have been nice if Peters had the same work ethic as Wood. Only time will tell if we got the better player.

I believe its too early to tell. On top of that, comparing a RG to a LT is like comparing apples to oranges.

I will say that what we've been hearing about Wood and his performance and dedication has been pretty promising so far.

Guest dog14787

Eric Wood has me really excited about our O-line possibilities because its players like him that will give players like Levitre a big boost in confidence in what our O-line is capable of as a unit.

Myself personally, I couldn't be happier so far. :thumbsup:

I believe its too early to tell. On top of that, comparing a RG to a LT is like comparing apples to oranges.

I will say that what we've been hearing about Wood and his performance and dedication has been pretty promising so far.

I agree, I think more people will be judging Walker vs Peters. But, I figured since we used our 1st round draft pick from the Peters trade on Wood, that there could be a comparsion.

I'm just looking forward to Sunday's game. Even though it's pre-season, I'm still looking forward to seeing the Bills in action again.

Eric Wood has me really excited about our O-line possibilities because its players like him that will give players like Levitre a big boost in confidence in what our O-line is capable of as a unit.

Myself personally, I couldn't be happier so far. :thumbsup:

I agree :o:P

Sounds like we got rid of an inconsitent painintheass who didn't want to play here, even for millions, for a younger mauler of a guard who wants to play here, for a few fewer millions.

I'd say that was a good FO move, but much will depend on how the switched tackles perform. If Trent stays healthy, this will be the deal of the decade. (Of course, he might have got killed with Peters in there anyway, so it really can't be a bad deal).

Sounds like we got rid of an inconsitent painintheass who didn't want to play here, even for millions, for a younger mauler of a guard who wants to play here, for a few fewer millions.

I'd say that was a good FO move, but much will depend on how the switched tackles perform. If Trent stays healthy, this will be the deal of the decade. (Of course, he might have got killed with Peters in there anyway, so it really can't be a bad deal).

Uh oh...

Thurman#1

While I certainly agree that the position comparisons are apples/oranges, the comparison of temperaments can be valid at this point. And at this point, Wood has it all over Peters in that department.

GO BILLS!!!

Jason Spitz, I believe.

Shouldn't the comparison really be Peters vs Wood & half of Levitre? I thought we used that extra pick to move up to get him.

Seriously though, I have a feeling that the Peters trade and drafting of Wood will go a long way towards making the o-line better. The attitude and love of the game seem to go a long way towards making o-lines good, as opposed to having athletic freaks at key positions. I guess what I'm trying to get to here is that geting 5 guys to the point where they cover for each other and know what to do and where to be is better than having a two guys who are freaks and can make up for their own mistakes, but not those of others. Seems like covering for your other linemen is a big part of playing o-line.

Shouldn't the comparison really be Peters vs Wood & half of Levitre? I thought we used that extra pick to move up to get him.

Seriously though, I have a feeling that the Peters trade and drafting of Wood will go a long way towards making the o-line better. The attitude and love of the game seem to go a long way towards making o-lines good, as opposed to having athletic freaks at key positions. I guess what I'm trying to get to here is that geting 5 guys to the point where they cover for each other and know what to do and where to be is better than having a two guys who are freaks and can make up for their own mistakes, but not those of others. Seems like covering for your other linemen is a big part of playing o-line.

Peters vs Wood & half of Levitre would equal please go see your doctor

I agree entirely - I think we will not know for sure until this time next year. I was an individual who argued strongly that Peters should not have been traded. I am happy that Wood and Nelson (I believe he was the second Philly pick this year) show great promise. However, they have not played a down in a meaningful game yet. Until they do we will not know what we have.

I agree entirely - I think we will not know for sure until this time next year. I was an individual who argued strongly that Peters should not have been traded. I am happy that Wood and Nelson (I believe he was the second Philly pick this year) show great promise. However, they have not played a down in a meaningful game yet. Until they do we will not know what we have.

I agree, only time will tell. I wonder if Peters will use his cry-baby antics in a few years with Philly. I was a fan of Peters until his holdout. He's a great talent, but I don't like his work ethic or his attitude. The Bills molded him from an undrafted, 340 lbs tight-end, into a pro-bowl LT. The way he acted was a big slap to the face of the organization that gave this guy a chance. It's refreshing to see a guy like Wood come here with a great attitude and great work ethic.

Uh oh...

Thurman#1

Senny, baby, you have a crush on me, don't you? You can admit it. It will have to be unrequited, I'm sorry about that, but still, very flattering. You seem to be thinking more about me than Susan Miller did during sophomore year, and she practically lived on my doormat and left pools of love drool.

That's two mentions of me already in a thread that I hadn't even posted in.

Blush.