Burgess to the Pats

seq004

Right, I make stupid posts...not you pom pom girls.

How old are you? 2? Calling people pom pom girls? You can do better than that.

It's hard to judge Burgess also. Injuries and playing for a bad team have hampered his production. It is a stretch equating him to Kelsay, though.

This is terrible news.

I'm amused by all the posters that don't think this is a big deal. The same guys would be doing cartwheels in thier front lawn if we signed this guy.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like that other disgruntled raider the pat :worthy: s* signed

Watch out for the avalanche of sticks and stones, as in,

QUOTE (Fingon @ Aug 6 2009, 07:55 PM) *

Are you that dumb, or just a new fan?

You've seen his posts and you still have to ask that question. He's that dumb, all right.

...from what's his dean.

How old are you? 2? Calling people pom pom girls? You can do better than that.

It's hard to judge Burgess also. Injuries and playing for a bad team have hampered his production. It is a stretch equating him to Kelsay, though.

What else would you have me call pom pom girls? You like blind homies better?

Me either. It isn't like Bellyache has a history of turning veteran player past their prime into probowlers or anything.

I'm sure Rodney's left some HGH for him as well, so he won't be playing like a 31 year old speed rusher.....

This is terrible news.

I'm amused by all the posters that don't think this is a big deal. The same guys would be doing cartwheels in thier front lawn if we signed this guy.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like that other disgruntled raider the pat :worthy: s* signed

The Patriots didn't "sign" Burgess. They traded for him...although his unhappiness in Oakland stemmed largely from his contract. I imagine the Pats will sweeten his deal a bit. On top of trading a high and a mid round pick for Burgess and dishing out some more money, I guess it's a good trade for them. It would also be a good trade for Philly. Both the Pats and the Eagles are arguably one player away from a Super Bowl. It makes sense for their organizations.

As for the Bills, I'm pleased that they didn't get involved in the derby which drove Burgess' cost up. Although we could definitely use a proven pass rusher, giving up two picks and increasing our payroll for a guy like him doesn't make sense for the Bills. The Bills are at least two years away and trades like this one can often come back to haunt the team who got the aging, declining veteran player.

On a totally different subject, I'm just loving this feature:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Billistic.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Billistic

It's a new and wonderful experience to not care enough to know what a certain person is vomiting up. And I never get the urge to click the "Un-ignore" option. I urge you guys to make use of this setting...instead of allowing yourselves to get annoyed by some idiot, yet again.

On a totally different subject, I'm just loving this feature:

· View this post

· Un-ignore Billistic

It's a new and wonderful experience to not care enough to know what a certain person is vomiting up. And I never get the urge to click the "Un-ignore" option. I urge you guys to make use of this setting...instead of allowing yourselves to get annoyed by some idiot, yet again.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

SJBF said:

As for the Bills, I'm pleased that they didn't get involved in the derby which drove Burgess' cost up. Although we could definitely use a proven pass rusher, giving up two picks and increasing our payroll for a guy like him doesn't make sense for the Bills. The Bills are at least two years away and trades like this one can often come back to haunt the team who got the aging, declining veteran player.

Translation: 7-9 really isn't all that bad.

and:

· View this post

· Un-ignore Billistic

Translation: Do not place head into wood chipper.

Burgess, who has never played OLB before, at OLB in the Patriots' system, after missing a week of training camp?

This is incorrect!

Burgess played the hybrid OLB/DE spot, and in the Pats defense, while in Oakland, under Raiders DC Rob Ryan who, before joining the Raiders, spent 4 years coaching LB's for Belichick's Patriots.

This is incorrect!

Burgess played the hybrid OLB/DE spot, and in the Pats defense, while in Oakland, under Raiders DC Rob Ryan who, before joining the Raiders, spent 4 years coaching LB's for Belichick's Patriots.

While technically correct, that really doesn't seem to be the case. From the Boston papers...

At 6 feet 2 inches and 260 pounds, Burgess projects to outside linebacker in a base 3-4 defense, a position he played briefly in the early part of his Raiders tenure under Rob Ryan. But the Raiders didn’t use much 3-4, and Burgess has been most comfortable at end in the 4-3.

Trent is a dead man walking. I love the guy but he is Mr Glass.

I see a top ten pick in our future! I can't wait to get another defensive back. As old Dicky like to Say " you can never have enough defensive backs"

I love your intellectual and optimistic posts......do you actually root for the Bills? Are you a Jets fan in disguise?

Report also notes Eagles offered a third. So, the Pats gave up more than a third, most likely.

I JUST WISH OUR TEAM COULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!! we need to be taking advantage right now, god stop bein a cheap skate for one season... TO isnt god he cant just automatically make up for the weaknesses

I JUST WISH OUR TEAM COULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!! we need to be taking advantage right now, god stop bein a cheap skate for one season... TO isnt god he cant just automatically make up for the weaknesses

Actually, the Bills have been spending right up to the cap on players' salaries. They are not cheap. They just don't get enough bang for their buck, compared to the top tier front offices.

LMAO at you again...we have spent a ton of money in the last few years and brought in a BIG TIME player (way bigger than Burgess) two years in a row (Stroud and TO)...

I cant believe a thread on Burgess is at 4 pages now...he is the last thing I am going to worry about when play Pats...ever heard of:

Moss, Welker, Galloway, Taylor, Belichick, and some guy named Brady? After those 5 there about 4 or 5 more players on D I will also worry about before I worry about Burgess...

LMAO

LMAO at you again...we have spent a ton of money in the last few years and brought in a BIG TIME player (way bigger than Burgess) two years in a row (Stroud and TO)...

I cant believe a thread on Burgess is at 4 pages now...he is the last thing I am going to worry about when play Pats...ever heard of:

Moss, Welker, Galloway, Taylor, Belichick, and some guy named Brady? After those 5 there about 4 or 5 more players on D I will also worry about before I worry about Burgess...

LMAO

Pro Bowl players are pretty big time...

It's not so much about the Patriots, it's more that the Bills are thin at DE, and missed an opportunity to maybe fix their lack of any perceptible pass rush.

LMAO

I can believe it's at four pages. Billistic has to reply to EVERY post there is. Just ignore him.