CBS Power Rankings

CosmicBills

Check out what they say about the Jets and Bills:

23. Bills (up from 26)

If they can continue to ride Willis McGahee, the Bills just might sneak up and win eight games. The defense is solid.

5. Jets (Down from 4)

A short-week loss is never a real surprise, especially on the road. So we give the Jets a mulligan.

Again, no credit given to the Bills for how they played. Instead it was more a factor of a road game plus a short week.

:lol:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

espn has us @ 21.  i'm still waiting for fox sports and i can't wait to seee were dr. z has us ranked.

109761[/snapback]

Yeah, ESPN is a bit more realistic. At least they bring up how the Jets are in trouble losing Chad for 2 to 4 weeks. CBS just gives them a "mulligan" :lol:

I find that ranking completely realistic.

The Bills played well....they didnt play anything CLOSE to a perfect game that warrants the rest of the NFL world to take note in amazement. And they are STILL just 3-5.

109810[/snapback]

Its not the ranking that I have a problem with. Just the fact that he bashed the Bills by implying that the only reason the Jets lost was because they had a short week and gave no credit to the Bills.

Which is unfair since the Bills almost beat them in the Meadowlands and dominated the game from begining to end.

The Bills are better than that ranking, but I think it's acceptable for the Jets to only go down one spot - everybody in the league gets one mulligan per season. You !@#$ up, it happens, things break the wrong way or you run into a team at the perfect moment. Who knows. It's when you get to that second bad game that the mulligan expires and you have to be reassessed.

Do people really care about this stuff?

I mean, the extent to which I'm a football junkie includes many guilty pleasures: Watching bad college games on Saturdays, watching useless pregame shows, reading dumb articles, spending way too much time on this board...but I've NEVER paid any attention to NFL power rankings. Really, I can't think of anything more meaningless.

You're kidding right?

Up until this week, they had beaten the Dolphins and Cardinals. The only decent team the Bills have beaten was the Jets. They have yet to win a road game in 3 tries.

If they win at NE this week, THEN you'll see a significant jump in the PR's. I think they are at the right spot.

You're kidding right?

Up until this week, they had beaten the Dolphins and Cardinals.  The only decent team the Bills have beaten was the Jets.  They have yet to win a road game in 3 tries.

If they win at NE this week, THEN you'll see a significant jump in the PR's.  I think they are at the right spot.

110216[/snapback]

I don't care where the Bills are ranked. The ranking seems fair to me. But read what was said about the Jets.

Completely writing off the loss as the result of a "short week" and not giving credit where credit is due is not very objective or fair reporting in my opinion. That was my point.

Check out what they say about the Jets and Bills:

23. Bills (up from 26)

If they can continue to ride Willis McGahee, the Bills just might sneak up and win eight games. The defense is solid.

5. Jets (Down from 4)

A short-week loss is never a real surprise, especially on the road. So we give the Jets a mulligan.

Again, no credit given to the Bills for how they played. Instead it was more a factor of a road game plus a short week.

:D

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

109753[/snapback]

Yeah, just like all the other very good teams that failed as well following monday nite games. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

who gives a stevestojan about rankings! i'd reather fly under the radar screen and and just worry about winning each game one week at a time.i do not need to read in the papers or espn that buffalo is good i know they are i love them!hell i picked up lee evans and wilis in my fantasy league,they both went undrafted and now i have a rb that is kicking ass!i also have tampas and buffalos defense,my friends all said buffalo dosn't have a defense,but i knew what we did last year,i think fantasy wise buffalo beats tampa every week except maybe twice this year.point is i am glad everybody thought nothing of those players that i know are going to be good.go bills