Mr. Wilson for HOF Movement

CJPearl2

Im not sure if this has been tried before, but we should all work together to get Mr. Wilson in the Hall of Fame. He truly deserves it. He was a pioneer with the AFL and was instrumental in successfully merging the AFL with the NFL and creating the greatest sports league in the world!!

Lets start throwing some ideas around. We can all use our contacts, email HOF voters, call into talk shows, etc.....

Please give me all your input.

Im not sure if this has been tried before, but we should all work together to get Mr. Wilson in the Hall of Fame. He truly deserves it. He was a pioneer with the AFL and was instrumental in successfully merging the AFL with the NFL and creating the greatest sports league in the world!!

Lets start throwing some ideas around. We can all use our contacts, email HOF voters, call into talk shows, etc.....

109585[/snapback]

It is a raw deal when Lamar Hunt and Al Davis are in and Ralph is not. He as much as anyone is responsible for the success of the AFL, the merger, the tv contract, etc. How many original AFL owners are still around, with the team still in the original city?

It is a raw deal when Lamar Hunt and Al Davis are in and Ralph is not.  He as much as anyone is responsible for the success of the AFL, the merger, the tv contract, etc.  How many original AFL owners are still around, with the team still in the original city?

109618[/snapback]

Wilson and Hunt are peers. Davis became an owner AFTER the AFL charter and borrowed money from Ralph to stay solvent!!

I am open to ideas on how to start a grass roots movement. Remember we NEED the press on our side to get anywhere.

Whatever we come up with, I'm in!

Can we put together some sort of internet petition? How about a petition thread on the board, getting as many names as possible. Then, we bring this to the attention of the media (assuming folks here having such contacts).

Whatever we come up with, I'm in!

Can we put together some sort of internet petition?  How about a petition thread on the board, getting as many names as possible.  Then, we bring this to the attention of the media (assuming folks here having such contacts).

109650[/snapback]

Im sure someone can get Howard Simon to talk about it. And Howard has to have contacts SOMEWHERE in a bigger media conglomerate than Empire.

A Little work could shed the much needed attention on this.

109585[/snapback]

I started a similar thread in the Summer and got stevestojan on.

Good luck mate!

Im sure someone can get Howard Simon to talk about it. And Howard has to have contacts SOMEWHERE in a bigger media conglomerate than Empire.

A Little work could shed the much needed attention on this.

109657[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. He could contact former HOF voter (and huge RW supporter) Larry Felser. Felser, no doubt, still has plenty of connections at 'The Buffalo News' and around the NFL. He'd probably have some good ideas as to the best place or most effective way to start this grass roots campaign.

I was thinking the same thing. He could contact former HOF voter (and huge RW supporter) Larry Felser. Felser, no doubt, still has plenty of connections at 'The Buffalo News' and around the NFL. He'd probably have some good ideas as to the best place or most effective way to start this grass roots campaign.

109691[/snapback]

I think Felser's retirement (and replacement on the voting committee by Mark Gaughn) has hurt Ralph in the voting. You know he's gonna get in - it would be a great injustice to make it posthumous. :lol:

Here is his resume:  Ralph Wilson

109735[/snapback]

Thats a great start, but I think we need more than that, there are plenty of behind the scenes things that could help. As you mentioned, Al Davis was out of money and was on the brink of folding during the season, couldnt even pay the players, Ralph helped him out, and kept the original franchises going. We may need more of that type of examples to show the HOF voters that he has been more than a money hungry owner (see Davis, Jerry Jones). He is actually all about the sport. He had every right to pull up stakes and bail on Buffalo in the bad years, he didnt because it would affect the NFL. We need to dig folks, start googling.....

An internet petition would be pretty easy to put together, but your problem would be proving that each "signature" is unique.

Petition thingy

109727[/snapback]

Oh my lord. .. . i just had the nicest, longest, petition written on that site. Stats, accomplishments, etc, etc... and i went to submit.... GONE...

MOTHER F-jlkas;gd

Thats a great start, but I think we need more than that, there are plenty of behind the scenes things that could help. As you mentioned, Al Davis was out of money and was on the brink of folding during the season, couldnt even pay the players, Ralph helped him out, and kept the original franchises going. We may need more of that type of examples to show the HOF voters that he has been more than a money hungry owner (see Davis, Jerry Jones). He is actually all about the sport. He had every right to pull up stakes and bail on Buffalo in the bad years, he didnt because it would affect the NFL.  We need to dig folks, start googling.....

109754[/snapback]

Only intended as a start, Guff! :lol:

We need lots of anecdotal stuff, too.