ACor58

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

why not? Like I said earlier, maybe you guys are right and I am overreacting. I'd still like to see a little fire out of the guy. It also does not change the fact that if his heart was in it he would have taken it upon himself to drop some pounds in the off season, knowing that he needs to be quicker to be an LT.

Why?

Because some of these people will run out of things to whine and B word about soon.

So if some idiot reporter can get Walker to utter a few more words, and then provide his or her own interpretation of what those few words mean, because what he said cannot possibly be what he meant, the chicken littles running rampant on this board will have their OMG We're Doomed! material for the next few days.

Simple Innit?

Because some of these people will run out of things to whine and B word about soon.

So if some idiot reporter can get Walker to utter a few more words, and then provide his or her own interpretation of what those few words mean, because what he said cannot possibly be what he meant, the chicken littles running rampant on this board will have their OMG We're Doomed! material for the next few days.

Simple Innit?

If I was a member of the Bills (player, coach, FO) I would answer all questions like this: "Whatever you think the perfect answer is, that's what I mean to say. Apparently anything I say will be twisted by reporters and fans to mean the worst thing it could possibly mean. No answer I give will satisfy everyone, and I don't have time to perfectly word every answer to every question I am asked."

Many posters here remind me of some of my ex-girlfriends. They take the worst possible (and least likely to be correct) interpretation of something that was said, and obsess on it.

And we wonder why we get answers like "We just didnt execute" and all the other "We take one game at a time" BS.... Langston actually speaks his mind that he prefers to play RT and fans like the original poster slaughter him. Many fans on this board were doing everything in their power to run Jason Peters out of town. Based on the reports that I am reading it is something they will soon regret.

And honored to be playing the most important position on the line... Yeah because Freddy Jackson would be honored to be switched to being a full time starting QB by your logic. At the NFL level switching positions on the line is not as easy as you think.

I think too much was made out of the comment. LW has played the majority of his career, all of the past three seasons at RT. And now he's being switched to the other side.

The Bills will give him help, and yes I would have loved to see him drop some weight. But the team told him he was playing there, and I don't fault him if he was indeed frustrated. If the OL doesn't get off to a good start, it won't matter who's playing QB, RB, or WR.

As long as Walker doesn't say "most of those sacks were hustle sacks so they weren't my fault" and "well who cares if I gave-up a sack, look at what I'm being paid," I'll be fine with anything else that comes out of his mouth. And know that he's giving his best effort.

I think too much was made out of the comment. LW has played the majority of his career, all of the past three seasons at RT. And now he's being switched to the other side.

The Bills will give him help, and yes I would have loved to see him drop some weight. But the team told him he was playing there, and I don't fault him if he was indeed frustrated. If the OL doesn't get off to a good start, it won't matter who's playing QB, RB, or WR.

Unless its Fitz playing qb by the time theyn figure it out!

Then its gonna matter, we will be drafting first next year or likely trading down to not have to spend all that money.

41 million guaranteed taht is crazy crazy money for Stafford, going on a tangent. The guy could easily be another David Carr. And get 41 million bucks.

Unless its Fitz playing qb by the time theyn figure it out!

Then its gonna matter, we will be drafting first next year or likely trading down to not have to spend all that money.

41 million guaranteed taht is crazy crazy money for Stafford, going on a tangent. The guy could easily be another David Carr. And get 41 million bucks.

But none of this relates to Walker's quote now, does it?

Am I the only one who remembers Walker playing LT when Peters was out at the first of the season last year? I thought he did a respectable job. We didn't start losing until Peters played full time.

why not? Like I said earlier, maybe you guys are right and I am overreacting. I'd still like to see a little fire out of the guy. It also does not change the fact that if his heart was in it he would have taken it upon himself to drop some pounds in the off season, knowing that he needs to be quicker to be an LT.

Reading the article, I don't see Walker complaining, to be honest. Here's a quote from the O-line coach:

“He didn’t say a word about it. That kind of says it all about Langston Walker,” Kugler said. “He didn’t complain one bit. He knew he had to do it to help the team and he did it and again that’s the type of group we’re trying to get here -- unselfish, blue collar workers.”

He mentioned being challenged, being the best man on the roster for the job, and that there was nothing he could do about the situation.

If I was to paraphrase Walker, it'd be "I'm not promising I'll be an all-pro, but I'll take on the job and do my best because the team asked me to make the switch from my normal position."

There are 32 teams.

There are probably 16 good LTs.

LW knows he's not one of the 16, and he doesn't like being thrust into a role he's not equipped for.

No harm, no foul, if this is the only static he produces.

If he gripes for a long time, then we can B word about him.

With Jason Peters not available for the first game last year, and Walker filling in, a lot of people on this board thought Walker did a better job than Peters. Now there's so much hate for the guy. Why?

:blink: I agree. IMO, if Walker gives up the same amount of sacks or less than what Peters did last year (and Peters made the Pro-Bowl) then I'd say it was a good move to put Walker at LT. We haven't even played a pre-season game and people are already complaining?!