Food TV/Guy Fieri shooting at Bills/Bears pre-season game

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Searching for when the show might be on (Spet 17th), found this article with Guy on Buffalo Rising. The rest of the article is good also. From the article, it sounds like he is/was still in Buffalo this morning.

Guy says we'll be able to witness the whole "Tailgating Warriors" segment on September 17th.

Really? Jay said October 17. Hmmm. Guess I'll check in Sept. to make sure, then go from there.

• 4 weeks later...

Looked in TV Guide for it this week, couldn't find it, so I checked Food Network, it is October 17th....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/shows/epis...8_65706,00.html

The battle on the gridiron may be rough when the Chicago Bears take on the Buffalo Bills, but it's nothing compared to the action going on outside the stadium. Guy Fieri has thrown down the gauntlet, and tailgate teams from around the country are dukin' it out to see who has the most killer grub in the game! Bringing their rigs, grills, costumes, attitudes and amazing eats, these teams mean business and are fighting for tailgating supremacy as Food Network's Tailgate Warriors.

Tune In:

Oct 17, 2009

9:00 PM ET/PT

Oct 18, 2009

12:00 AM ET/PT

Oct 21, 2009

8:00 PM ET/PT

• 3 weeks later...
12-15 minutes of taping for about 1 minute of airtime.

That's the bidness.

As for the judging -- I watched them question some of the Chicago team's entries and praise Buffalo's to high heaven, so I put the results on the same level as No Goal. That "Wing in a Pigskin" looks AWESOME.

If you saw the final scoring, Chicago got 2.5 more points for "degree of difficulty", something I protest. Rotisserie chicken and sausage/ground beef burgers are NOT more difficult to cook than stuffed pork loin tied and grilled along with Buffalo wings on the grill. That's where I cried foul...

The pork stuffed Buffalo Chicken was the most difficult dish and likely the tastiest. Yet again Buffalo gets screwed!

But remember the judges said they might dock Buffalo a couple points for butterflying the pork during a time when it wasn't allowed. Maybe they did and it was just enough to lose.

The officiating/judging was a joke. As Lori said, the judges had many questions about chicago's food and only praise for Buffalo's. We got screwed because the judges got a woodie over the fact that the chicago loser made his own rotisserie with a bike chain and sprocket.