Maybins Worth ?

With Orakpo getting a 5 yr. 20 mil contract ,12.1 guaranteed at the 13th pick. What is Maybin worth? I`d say a 5yr 22.5 mill contract with 14 guaranteed . If he thinks he`s getting Crazy Crabtree money he can forget it. This is what he`s worth not a penny more. :thumbdown:

If he thinks he`s getting Crazy Crabtree money he can forget it.

Why? Crabtree went one pick before him.

It's going to be awhile before we see Maybin, and we have the two-headed monster of Crabtree and the devil himself, Eugene Parker, to thank for that.

Why? Crabtree went one pick before him.

It's going to be awhile before we see Maybin, and we have the two-headed monster of Crabtree and the devil himself, Eugene Parker, to thank for that.

Maybin and his agent are starting to show there greedy head too. It shows what kind of player and agent we are going to have to deal with in the future too. I being a Penn State fan was not really thrilled with this pick. Alot of chase down sacks against crappy teams..Hope he pans out. :thumbdown:

I think we see Maybin signed sooner than later. I think that the Orakpo signing at 13 plays a big part of a deal getting done. Based upon Orakpo's numbers, I see Maybin signing a 5 year deal in the neighborhood of 25M with 16M in guaranteed $$.

Would love to see this deal get worked out TODAY so that he is in camp tomorrow!!!!

I hate to say it, but as soon as I saw that Maybin was buddying it up with Lavar Arrington bad thoughts entered my mind. I really hope this guy understands he hasn't proven a damn thing in the NFL yet -- he only has to look at his new best friend to see someone who didn't live up to the hype.

I hate to say it, but as soon as I saw that Maybin was buddying it up with Lavar Arrington bad thoughts entered my mind. I really hope this guy understands he hasn't proven a damn thing in the NFL yet -- he only has to look at his new best friend to see someone who didn't live up to the hype.

Yeah only 3 Pro Bowls in 7 seasons isn't much of a career :thumbdown:

just chill out, he'll get signed. or not, and maybe all you whiners can get him run out of town like our pro bowl left tackle, our pro bowl nose guard, our pro bowl cb etc etc etc

just chill out, he'll get signed. or not, and maybe all you whiners can get him run out of town like our pro bowl left tackle, our pro bowl nose guard, our pro bowl cb etc etc etc

Don't read many of my posts, eh? Of course he'll get signed; I'm just not thrilled with the company he's keeping.

Regardless, your comments are laughable. Professional sports teams' front offices routinely make personnel decisions on the basis of fan commentary on message boards -- is that what you're suggesting? That's rich.

Frown all you want -- Arrington was labeled the next LT by many. He was a pretty good LB, but not a superstar.

Not the first time a high draft pick was labeled as the "next whoever" and didn't live up to the shadow of that player but still had a solid career

Case in point, Josh Reed was labeled as the next Andre Reed by some. He's been a solid WR but not a superstar

Don't read many of my posts, eh? Of course he'll get signed; I'm just not thrilled with the company he's keeping.

Regardless, your comments are laughable. Professional sports teams' front offices routinely make personnel decisions on the basis of fan commentary on message boards -- is that what you're suggesting? That's rich.

no, I'm saying that idiots like you constantly agree with what the bills FO is doing, and we end up with a losing football team year after year

Right-on brother,Like I said about Maybin ,a beast against teams like costal carolina,real talented O. tackles . Most of his sacks are high motor coverage sacks. Never went up against any bigtime tackle. I`m hoping they saw more in him than I did.My son and his friends talked to him at the waffle house in State Colledge as he was finishing up his classes . They said he they couldn`t believe this guy was a 1st round NFL player . The size is what shocked them. Now my son and his friends are into lifting and are decent size,so take it for what its worth.

I've watched a lot of PS games having The Big Ten Network and I'd have to say he was a situational speed rusher not an every down DE in college. I didn't like the pick. I thought Orakpo would have been better. I didn't view Maybin as very good against the run with his lack of size, but he's hoping he can turn into a Dwight Freeny (sp?) type of player. JMO

I've watched a lot of PS games having The Big Ten Network and I'd have to say he was a situational speed rusher not an every down DE in college. I didn't like the pick. I thought Orakpo would have been better. I didn't view Maybin as very good against the run with his lack of size, but he's hoping he can turn into a Dwight Freeny (sp?) type of player. JMO

Which also might mean that they made the pick to groom him to be Schobel's successor.

Whgich also might mean that they made the pick to groom him to be Schobel's successor.

Yep. He's supposed to be a situational rusher because the Bills have Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney as the starters, and drafted Ellis last year. He'll get the next year or so in the Bills' S&C program, and should be up to a better every-down weight by next season. And he's already heavier than Schobel!

I think we see Maybin signed sooner than later. I think that the Orakpo signing at 13 plays a big part of a deal getting done. Based upon Orakpo's numbers, I see Maybin signing a 5 year deal in the neighborhood of 25M with 16M in guaranteed $$.

Would love to see this deal get worked out TODAY so that he is in camp tomorrow!!!!

uh huh.... the parker brothers hate the bills and vice versa. this is going to get nasty, and heres hoping that if maybe does pan out we convince him to at least go to rosenhaus as an agent over these guys. they just love dragging clients on

I watched USC just manhandle PSU in the Rose and never thought much of the Maybin pick. Sanchez had plenty of time in that game.

Maybin is worth whatever he produces over the length of his contract - if he's a bust he's worth very little, if he's a Pro Bowler he's worth quite a bit. I think what you're asking is what are the Bills going to pay a guy who has never played a down in the NFL - that's completely different from worth. I hate rookie contracts - crazy money for guys that haven't done anything and may never do anything.