Dean for DNC

ASCI

they never learn.

two years ago...the Dems got beat handily in the mid-terms and they said they would go back to the drawing board and attempt to reinvent themselves...

so what do they do......they bring out 2 of the top 5 liberals in the Senate to be their parties Presidential ticket.

Now...after they get whooped again and say they need to center themselves.

Dean is the best they can do? :lol:

they never learn. 

two years ago...the Dems got beat handily in the mid-terms and they said they would go back to the drawing board and attempt to reinvent themselves...

so what do they do......they bring out 2 of the top 5 liberals in the Senate to be their parties Presidential ticket.

Now...after they get whooped again and say they need to center themselves.

Dean is the best they can do?      :lol:

109759[/snapback]

In fairness to the Dummys, two years ago no one knew who Howard Dean was. :(

OMG, if only we could be so lucky. 

While I see worm stevestojan as being a significant upgrade to terry mcauliff, this would simply mean the rest of my life should be safely governed by conservatives.

Like I said, could we be so lucky.

109919[/snapback]

I'll second that. And I hope Hillary gets the nod in '08.:(

Terry made his 19 million off of his 100K investment in the eventually bankrupt Global Crossing in 6 months, so he'll be ok. Too bad about the loss of other investors and the laid-off workers.

Hey, why can't a man of the people get filthy rich with a phone call or a pat of the back, I ask you? :lol:

Terry made his 19 million off of his 100K investment in the eventually bankrupt Global Crossing in 6 months, so he'll be ok.  Too bad about the loss of other investors and the laid-off workers.

Hey, why can't a man of the people get filthy rich with a phone call or a pat of the back, I ask you? :rolleyes:

110052[/snapback]

ENRON!!! FLIGHTSUIT!!! NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!

ENRON!!!  FLIGHTSUIT!!!  NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!

110714[/snapback]

:doh:

BTW, I just noticed that I've been a member of this site for exactly 1 year. Now, that's certainly not any basis for starting a self-congradulatory thread, but if I were a lefty I'd certainly try to stick my head between my legs so I could attempt to kiss my own a**. :rolleyes:

The party leader is primarily responsible for two things:  raising money and recruitment. 

Those are a couple of things Dean excels at. 

Strategy is not a unilateral function of the party chair.

111497[/snapback]

Do you agree that the Chair helps set the tone of the Party?

Do you agree that the Chair helps set the tone of the Party?

111502[/snapback]

I don't agree or disagree, I don't really know. I work more locally. McAuliffe never did much for me, so perhaps it's true.

If you scratch the rhetoric in many ways Dean is closer to center than many people realize. As a candidate he was easy to paint as a screaming leftist.

lol I love that soundbite. Its way too hilarious.

The Democratic party is a joke. Theres no other way you can describe it.

Before this past election, I probably would have said Tom Vilsack would have done the best job. However, he did a pretty piss poor job as co-chair of the platform committee and failed to help out Kerry or Edwards at all. Hell, Bush won Iowa, his state.

I say they might as well make it Harold Ickes. He was an aide to Clinton, maybe he understand what it takes to win. :D

I don't agree or disagree, I don't really know.  I work more locally.  McAuliffe never did much for me, so perhaps it's true. 

If you scratch the rhetoric in many ways Dean is closer to center than many people realize.  As a candidate he was easy to paint as a screaming leftist.

111655[/snapback]

I watched an interview he did w/ Charlie Rose and it took me aback from what I'd heard about him being an ultraliberal. People started that b/c of his anti-Gulf II stance, which if you look at the poll numbers, a lot of people question the efficacy of.

He was a very fiscally responsible governor. He also got an A rating from the NRA.... I like that.

If it weren't for him yelling above the din of 120 decibels, and the media harping on it ad nasuem, he might've done better than he did.

He might be the guy to drag the party more to the right; if he does I might consider voting Dem on a more consistent basis.