Family leaves 5 year old behind in taxi

damj

The following day, Cohen was ordered to report to the Hackney unit, where police told him his license was being suspended for three days because he didn't do a thorough check of the van. He appealed the suspension and was allowed to keep his license pending a hearing.

Now that is complete and utter BS. Cabbie ended up 'only getting a warning'. Hows about CPS visit the parents and take the kid away for 3 days?

No way should the driver be held responsible - the parents are responsible for their kid.

That's how it would work in we lived in a normal world. Everybody is a victim ... "It's not our fault we forgot our kid ... it's the cabbie's fault for not checking the cab ... we're victims".

No way should the driver be held responsible - the parents are responsible for their kid.

Damn straight.

Amazing what people leave in taxis. I remember a few years ago some guy left a violin worth hundreds of thousands in his cab. One time I got in and found a guy's brand new passport along with his immigration papers. You'd think he might need those. :rolleyes:

That's how it would work in we lived in a normal world. Everybody is a victim ... "It's not our fault we forgot our kid ... it's the cabbie's fault for not checking the cab ... we're victims".

The parents aren't saying anything like that. It's the bureaucracy that is causing the problem.

way to read the article....

"I said, 'What?' So I looked in the back and I see the baby sleeping. I said, 'What should I do?' So you know, I take the baby (back) to the family," he said. "The father came out. He was very happy."

He even gave him a $50 tip.