BuffOrange grades your team thread

BuffOrange

So a few years ago we did a "BuffOrange grades your lunch" thread with moderate success. I thought since I've become more of a fantasy geek than I would prefer, we'd try this.

If you are so inclined, post your team and I will assign a letter grade. As many details as possible would be great like unorthodox rules, scoring, draft position, etc. Number of teams in the league and starting requirements are essential.

Keep in mind a 'C' to me isn't terrible - it's average.

Alright then. Go

Some analysis of who I like and who I don't like relative to where they're being picked based on several mocks I've done:

RB's I like

Brandon Jacobs - The Andre Johnson of last year imo. The guy puts up monster per game #'s in a great situation but scares people cause he's missed a few games. Whatever, the RB position is demanding and gets guys hurt. He should be a 1st round pick, so if you can get him in the 2nd, feel good about it.

Beanie Wells - Don't worry about what the depth chart says in the preseason. Hightower sucks and so does Edge at this stage of his career. He's going to be the man on an offense that's going to score a lot and you can get him in the 5th or 6th round.

Cedric Benson - I think this is a bounceback year for the Bengals with Palmer and Cinco healthy, and a better OL. Obviously the upside is limited here because Benson is limited, but this is another 6th round value guy who will be getting the bulk of the work in a decent offense.

Rashard Mendenhall - He was a high pick last year and has dropped since hurting his shoulder last year. When you're a RB that's not the worst injury to recover from.

RB's I don't like

LT2 - I don't think it's crazy to argue with me here on the basis that he's been #1 overall for so long and has now fallen and maybe presents some value now. But RB stardom usually does not last longer than 3-4 yrs - it ends abruptly and I'd rather be a year too soon than too late. You'll probably have better options around the 7th overall pick.

Pierre Thomas - I know I'm in the minority on this one. Dude put up sick #'s in limited action last year in a prolific offense. I'm just not confident enough in him sustaining that to take him in the early 4th where I'd have to pick him, partially because of some of the RB's listed above who are available later, and partially because you have to pick him over Ryan Grant, Marshawn Lynch, and/or Kevin Smith which I wouldn't do.

Knowshon Moreno - Shannahan is gone which is a plus for fantasy purposes, but that's not good enough for me. Backfield is super crowded and he always gets picked before Wells.

WR's I like

DeSean Jackson - The progress WR's make between their 1st and 2nd years is usually a lot. Most WR's suck in their 1st year. This guy was good in his 1st year. This guy is available in the 5th round or later almost always. I'm not saying he's Calvin Johnson but there are some similarities there.

Donnie Avery - The Rams could be better than people think. OK I'm only saying that cause Football Outsiders picked them as their sleeper. But he's a talented #1 target usually available in the 7th. Guys like Lance Moore and Hines Ward who go higher than him shouldn't imo.

Lee Evans - If you're not in a league with a bunch of Bills fans that's good because most FF players hate him for his inconsistency. What can I say - I'm a believer in the single coverage thing. He'll be a fine WR3 for your team.

WR's I don't like

Dwayne Bowe - Another talented #1 target. I actually think he'll be ok with Cassell but if I miss out on Boldin or Colston (and sometimes he's even being picked ahead of these guys), I'm not taking this guy for the sake of taking a WR in the 3rd round. Not when I can grab a nice QB or RB or even Witten and get a WR like Marshall, Williams, or Cinco a round later. I sorta feel the same way about TO, Welker, and TJ Housh but especially Bowe because he's usually the first of that group taken.

Michael Crabtree - You can get him in the 7th or 8th, but I'm still not taking him over Walter, Coles, or Hester. Sometimes you take young guys for the upside but save yourself the trouble and don't bother with rookie WR's.

Thoughts on QB

A panel of Yahoo experts said unanimously that Romo is the most overvalued QB. I find that absurd. Yes his #'s will drop without TO, but by how much? His #'s can decline and Matt Ryan's can increase, and Romo can still have the better year. He's not even being picked that much above Ryan either.

Don't hesitate to grab McNabb & Schaub - they're going to put up nice #'s. Sure they have injury concerns but so did Rodgers before last year and he's shot up the charts to the #4 QB and is no longer considered risky. I dunno, I think the other two present better value - just invest in a solid back-up like Palmer, Cassell, Orton, or even Edwards.

Thoughts on TE

If you can get Witten, great cause he's gonna have a monster year. If you miss him and get Gates, Gonzo or maybe Clark, ok. If you don't get 1 of these 4 guys don't bother taking Winslow or Cooley - you're better off adding RB/WR depth in that spot. There's too many TE's available late who will put up similar #'s - Zach Miller, Kevin Boss, John Carlson, the guy in Minnesota to name a few.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. Not too sure about some of the RB stuff anymore. Wells you have to downgrade the longer he's holding out and/or injured. I've heard Bernard Scott is looking like a talented player in Cincy; could definitely take carries from Benson.

Avery's injury probably hurts his value a bit...

Still think the way to go this year is to just take quantity over quality at RB. Pick 3-4 mid-round RB's like Donald Brown or McFadden and there's a decent chance one of them turns to gold ie Deangelo Williams or Chris Johnson last yr. I dunno, I just feel dirty spending a 3rd or 4th on the Grants and Lynchs of the world (in addition to Thomas mentioned above) when Manning and Witten are sitting there.

Actually quitting my job just before work-league draft so will have to scramble to find a $ league this yr. This means I'll likely be playing vs. people who know what they're doing. :wallbash:

Okay, tell me why I am feeling a little uneasy about my team, beyond being screwed if Rodgers gets hurt, or flames out.

We play 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DEF/ST

Our league is strictly a yardage and TD league.

QB: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)

Shaun Hill (49ers)

RB: Adrian Peterson (Vikings)

Joseph Adai (Colts)

Willie Parker (Steelers)

Payton Hillis (Broncos)

Chris Wells (Cardinals)

LeSean McCoy (Eagles)

WR:Reggie Wayne (Colts)

Wes Welker (Patriots)

Steve Breaston (Cardinals)

Jerricho Cotcherey (Jets)

James Jones (Packers)

TE: Zach Miller (Raiders)

PK: Lawrence Tynes (Giants)

DEF/ST: Chicago Bears

Buffalo Bills

btw- thanks for doing this! Your FF input over the years has been very much appreciated...btw, congrats on quitting the job...I did the same thing!

Okay, tell me why I am feeling a little uneasy about my team, beyond being screwed if Rodgers gets hurt, or flames out.

We play 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DEF/ST

Our league is strictly a yardage and TD league.

QB: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)

Shaun Hill (49ers)

RB: Adrian Peterson (Vikings)

Joseph Adai (Colts)

Willie Parker (Steelers)

Payton Hillis (Broncos)

Chris Wells (Cardinals)

LeSean McCoy (Eagles)

WR:Reggie Wayne (Colts)

Wes Welker (Patriots)

Steve Breaston (Cardinals)

Jerricho Cotcherey (Jets)

James Jones (Packers)

TE: Zach Miller (Raiders)

PK: Lawrence Tynes (Giants)

DEF/ST: Chicago Bears

Buffalo Bills

btw- thanks for doing this! Your FF input over the years has been very much appreciated...btw, congrats on quitting the job...I did the same thing!

I assume this is a 12team league. I'm not really sure how I feel about this. RB's actually aren't terrible. While not a huge fan of handcuffing I'd feel better if you had 1-2 of Chester Taylor, Donald Brown, or Mendenhall. Hillis doesn't do anything for me. I wouldn't have taken Addai there.

Wayne & Welker are obviously safe picks who actually dropped a lot farther than usual, assuming you took Wayne/Rodgers at your first turn. Don't like the depth there other than Cotchery. I like Zach Miller.

Meh, it's not terrible. C

Found a spot in my roommate's 12team league with the 1st pick tonight, so I've had the luxuary of doing a couple mocks. Hoping a RB like Portis, Westbrook, or Barber falls to the 2/3 turn. If not I guess I take 2 WR's along the lines of Smith/Jennings/White/Boldin/Colston. The worst QB I'd consider there is probably Manning...otherwise I'll take someone out of the Rivers/Romo/McNabb/Schaub group at the next turn.

Feels like you have to take a QB by the 4/5 turn otherwise the best case scenerio is Palmer at 6.12. Another problem will be deciding on a RB there if I only have one. Lynch/McFadden/LJ/Ward/TJones and a few other guys all look the same to me...and then they're all gone by 6.12. Oh the horrors of the first pick!

And thanks I hated that pos job so much. Stay away from non-profits kids.

Alright here's what we got from the dreaded 6 hole. 2 RB's, 3 WR/TE's, 1 RB/WR flex. 12 teams.

QB - Rivers(4), Hasselbeck(10)

RB - Portis(2), Stewart(5), D. Brown(7), Mendenhall(9), M. Bush(13), B. Scott(15)

WR - Fitz(1), Colston(3), A. Gonzalez(6), Avery(8), Olsen(11), Galloway(12)

Cowboys D(14)

Kris Brown(16)

SJax was gone. I kinda think Jacobs and Moss are worthy of taking there over Fitz but since espn's rankings are stupid I was hoping one of them would drop to the 2nd. Didn't happen. Meh, should be a team to be reckoned with if Brown or Mendenhall busts out. Gonzalez and Avery are way underrated on espn.

Just drafted for my league Saturday night. We held the draft in a party room in a local bowling alley. One of our owners was really late, and everyone except me started drinking... alot. This was the result.

10 man league, starts 2qb,2rbs,2wrs,1 wr or rb option,1te,k,d/st. Points for yardage, touchdowns, and receptions.

QBS: Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger

RBS: Matt Forte, Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore, Cedric Benson, Julus Jones, Fred Taylor

WRS: T.O., Dwayne Bowe, Hines Ward, Devin Hester, Donnie Avery, Patrick Crayton, Jeremy Maclin

T.E: Kellen Winslow, Dustin Keller

K: John Kasay

D/ST: Bears

I am not crazy about my qbs, but because of our leagues flex RB/WR option the fact that I will have Matt Forte, Stephen Jackson and Frank Gore all starting at the same time with their pass catching abilities (PPR League) give me great hope for the season.

Here's my team:

QB: Peyton Manning, David Garrard

RB: Michael Turner, Reggie Bush, Jamal Lewis, Fred Jackson, Chester Taylor

WR: Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss, Lance Moore, Nate Burleson

TE: Jason Witten, Visanthe Shiancoe

K: Mason Crosby, Nate Kaeding

IDPs: Terrence McGee, Lawrence Timmons, Chris Hope, James Laurinaitis, Tramon Williams

It's a 12 team league. Here's the lineup:

QB

RB

WR

TE

WR/TE

WR/RB

WR/RB

K

IDP

IDP

IDP

Not too shabby for a default team. Even though I run this league, I missed the online draft and had to rely on my default settings.

Just drafted for my league Saturday night. We held the draft in a party room in a local bowling alley. One of our owners was really late, and everyone except me started drinking... alot. This was the result.

10 man league, starts 2qb,2rbs,2wrs,1 wr or rb option,1te,k,d/st. Points for yardage, touchdowns, and receptions.

QBS: Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger

RBS: Matt Forte, Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore, Cedric Benson, Julus Jones, Fred Taylor

WRS: T.O., Dwayne Bowe, Hines Ward, Devin Hester, Donnie Avery, Patrick Crayton, Jeremy Maclin

T.E: Kellen Winslow, Dustin Keller

K: John Kasay

D/ST: Bears

I am not crazy about my qbs, but because of our leagues flex RB/WR option the fact that I will have Matt Forte, Stephen Jackson and Frank Gore all starting at the same time with their pass catching abilities (PPR League) give me great hope for the season.

Way to keep it classy with the drunken bowling alley. That's worth a half letter grade.

I haven't done a 2QB league but I'm pretty sure it's correct to fade the traditional strategy of waiting on a QB. That's an ugly QB lineup. OTOH your league mates likely went overboard if you were able to get such a sick RB trio so you were able to pick up great value with SJax and Gore...

Not sure it's a good enough tradeoff since you have neither a top 10 WR or an elite TE.

Would definitely try to make some trades.

C-

Here's my team:

QB: Peyton Manning, David Garrard

RB: Michael Turner, Reggie Bush, Jamal Lewis, Fred Jackson, Chester Taylor

WR: Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss, Lance Moore, Nate Burleson

TE: Jason Witten, Visanthe Shiancoe

K: Mason Crosby, Nate Kaeding

IDPs: Terrence McGee, Lawrence Timmons, Chris Hope, James Laurinaitis, Tramon Williams

It's a 12 team league. Here's the lineup:

QB

RB

WR

TE

WR/TE

WR/RB

WR/RB

K

IDP

IDP

IDP

Not too shabby for a default team. Even though I run this league, I missed the online draft and had to rely on my default settings.

I don't care for this team much. Bush to me is a lousy RB2 in a non-ppr league. Could be overlooked if you had a pair of nasty WR's, which you don't. Not a lot of upside in the depth either other than Chester (I guess Moore could score double digit TD's if things bounce right)...2 kickers and 2 TE's are good reasons to attend your draft.

D+

I don't care for this team much. Bush to me is a lousy RB2 in a non-ppr league. Could be overlooked if you had a pair of nasty WR's, which you don't. Not a lot of upside in the depth either other than Chester (I guess Moore could score double digit TD's if things bounce right)...2 kickers and 2 TE's are good reasons to attend your draft.

D+

Meh. You could be right, or not. I remember the last time I had Manning as a QB. I had a late round pick, so instead of taking some second rate RB, I took the points and went w/ Manning. He ended up having a career year, breaking Marino's TD record and winning MVP.

I also did okay w/ my RBs, both of whom I took a bit later (I took Randy Moss w/ my 2nd pick): Emmitt Smith had just under 1,000 yards and scored 9 TDs while my other RB, Curtis Martin, led the league in rushing. That team got blasted too.......then ended up in first place going into the playoffs. Of course, we lost in the championship game that year (it is my team and subject to my luck, after all...which sucks), but I can live w/ that.

To be revisted upon the end of the season.

Meh. You could be right, or not. I remember the last time I had Manning as a QB. I had a late round pick, so instead of taking some second rate RB, I took the points and went w/ Manning. He ended up having a career year, breaking Marino's TD record and winning MVP.

I also did okay w/ my RBs, both of whom I took a bit later (I took Randy Moss w/ my 2nd pick): Emmitt Smith had just under 1,000 yards and scored 9 TDs while my other RB, Curtis Martin, led the league in rushing. That team got blasted too.......then ended up in first place going into the playoffs. Of course, we lost in the championship game that year (it is my team and subject to my luck, after all...which sucks), but I can live w/ that.

To be revisted upon the end of the season.

That's all cool. Sometimes ya hit the 2outer on the river.

D+

While I agree that R.Rich's QB's aren't so hot, the fact that he has Calvin Johnson AND Jason Witten has the potential to offset the weak depth at WR. As for the RB's, Fred Jackson might be his best option for the first three weeks of the season, as his #2 RB, but keep an eye on the waiver wire early on...somebody always emerges early on...

Did my 12-team PPR draft tonight, work league. I had #8 overall, was pissed Deangelo went the pick right before mine (I think he's money this year) but I'm happy with getting the whole Bears offense. :lol:

Start QB, 2 RBS, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 D/ST

QBs:

Cutler

Garrard

Campbell

RBs:

Matt Forte

Frank Gore

Kevin Smith

Cedric Benson

WRs:

Dewayne Bowe

Chad Ochocinco

Torry Holt

Domenik Hixon

Josh Morgan

TEs:

Greg Olsen

Tony Scheffler

PK:

Jason Elam

D/ST:

Philadelphia

Did my 12-team PPR draft tonight, work league. I had #8 overall, was pissed Deangelo went the pick right before mine (I think he's money this year) but I'm happy with getting the whole Bears offense. :lol:

Start QB, 2 RBS, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 D/ST

QBs:

Cutler

Garrard

Campbell

RBs:

Matt Forte

Frank Gore

Kevin Smith

Cedric Benson

WRs:

Dewayne Bowe

Chad Ochocinco

Torry Holt

Domenik Hixon

Josh Morgan

TEs:

Greg Olsen

Tony Scheffler

PK:

Jason Elam

D/ST:

Philadelphia

I'd be thrilled with Forte at #8. Good depth.

Not a fan of Bowe/Holt/Hixon but maybe their value goes up in a ppr league...

Don't take Campbell and Scheffler over a 5th RB, but you knew that.

You're probably more familiar than me with making ppr adjustments since I'm not in one of those, but the only things I like about this team are the RB's, and Garrard who is a grossly undervalued backup imo. But it looks like you're fighting an uphill battle at WR every week with a low-end QB starter (I realize this is debatable but I'm not as high as others on Cutler), so you need your RB's to be lights out. Doesn't help that the Bears playoff schedule is brutal either.

I'll go with a C-

While I agree that R.Rich's QB's aren't so hot, the fact that he has Calvin Johnson AND Jason Witten has the potential to offset the weak depth at WR. As for the RB's, Fred Jackson might be his best option for the first three weeks of the season, as his #2 RB, but keep an eye on the waiver wire early on...somebody always emerges early on...

Nothing wrong with his QB's. Yah maybe D+ was too harsh though. I like Witten a lot this yr too.

12 team league

start 1 qb,2rb,3wr/te, 1 flex (rb,wr,te),1 d, 1 K

#6 pick and in order as I picked them

Michael Turner

Chris Johnson

Phil Rivers

Marshawn Lynch

Brandon Marshall (5th rd)

Braylon Edwards

Chris Wells

Matt Hasselback

Greg Olson

Earnest Graham

Justin Gage

Torry Holt

Tenn Defense

Jason Elam

Jeremy Maclin

didn't want Marshall but he was still there in the 5th rnd. I stocked up on RB's at the cost of WR's....

What do you think?

Love Turner at 6 and what the hell was Chris Johnson doing there in rd 2??

I'd be thrilled with Forte at #8. Good depth.

Not a fan of Bowe/Holt/Hixon but maybe their value goes up in a ppr league...

It was between Bowe and Boldin for me, and I went with Bowe because he hit top 5 in targets in the NFL last year, and I think thats not going to change. I was also thrilled with Gore in the middle of the 2nd round, I love the Forte/Gore/Smith combo at RB (Kevin Smith's value goes way up in a ppr).

Don't take Campbell and Scheffler over a 5th RB, but you knew that.

Didn't like any of the RBs left at that point. I'll end up dropping Campbell for whoever emerges, and I wanted to keep Campbell away from a couple teams with really, REALLY crappy QBs. :wallbash:

You're probably more familiar than me with making ppr adjustments since I'm not in one of those, but the only things I like about this team are the RB's, and Garrard who is a grossly undervalued backup imo. But it looks like you're fighting an uphill battle at WR every week with a low-end QB starter (I realize this is debatable but I'm not as high as others on Cutler), so you need your RB's to be lights out. Doesn't help that the Bears playoff schedule is brutal either.

I'll go with a C-

I love Garrard this year myself. He finished #10-12 last year with terrible receivers and a terrible situation. Got to think he's going to finish higher this year.

Thanks for the comments.

12 team league

start 1 qb,2rb,3wr/te, 1 flex (rb,wr,te),1 d, 1 K

#6 pick and in order as I picked them

Michael Turner

Chris Johnson

Phil Rivers

Marshawn Lynch

Brandon Marshall (5th rd)

Braylon Edwards

Chris Wells

Matt Hasselback

Greg Olson

Earnest Graham

Justin Gage

Torry Holt

Tenn Defense

Jason Elam

Jeremy Maclin

didn't want Marshall but he was still there in the 5th rnd. I stocked up on RB's at the cost of WR's....

What do you think?

Love Turner at 6 and what the hell was Chris Johnson doing there in rd 2??

Same settings, draft spot, and QB's as me. I didn't get so lucky in the 1st two rounds. Some people are low on Chris Johnson because the Titans aren't going to be ahead in the 4th Qtr every game as last yr, but I don't buy that logic. They're just going to be in more tight 17-17 games as opposed to being up 24-10 which was usually Lendale time anyway. Plus he put up points against the likes of Baltimore, Minnesota, and Pittsburgh last year so he doesn't get all his #'s against lousy D's.

Not really a big fan of Rivers/Lynch at 3 and 4. Lynch I think has a high floor and a low ceiling, which may be a decent fit given your top 2 RB's. I have no problem with gambling on Marshall there. Him and Edwards are a risky duo though. Probably still better than my team because of your top RB's.

B+

Same settings, draft spot, and QB's as me. I didn't get so lucky in the 1st two rounds. Some people are low on Chris Johnson because the Titans aren't going to be ahead in the 4th Qtr every game as last yr, but I don't buy that logic. They're just going to be in more tight 17-17 games as opposed to being up 24-10 which was usually Lendale time anyway. Plus he put up points against the likes of Baltimore, Minnesota, and Pittsburgh last year so he doesn't get all his #'s against lousy D's.

Not really a big fan of Rivers/Lynch at 3 and 4. Lynch I think has a high floor and a low ceiling, which may be a decent fit given your top 2 RB's. I have no problem with gambling on Marshall there. Him and Edwards are a risky duo though. Probably still better than my team because of your top RB's.

B+

I'm hopin' that Chris Wells and Marshawn are good plays after the first 1/4 of the season.

Give it to me straight Bufforange or anyone else. I'm in a half a point per reception leaugue, with standard scoring.

Qb RB RB WR WR Flex TE DEF Kicker

Tom Brady

David Garrard

Michael Turner

Pierre Thiomas

Felix Jones

Lesean McCoy

Jerious Norwood

Michael Bush

Greg Jennings

Eddie Royal

Domenick Hixon

Nate Washington

Troy Williamson

Antonio Gates

Giants Defense

Nick Folk

I'm also in another draft monday night and would love a few strategy ideas. I'm drafting from the 9 spot in a 12 team PPR league. I'm honestly thinking about going WR with both of my first picks. I would love to land a combo of two guys like C. Johnson, A. Johnson, Moss, or Fitzgerald. Coming back in the third I'd be hoping for Kevin Smith, Ronnie Brown, or Addai. In the fourth I would take best player available regardless of position.

Give it to me straight Bufforange. I'm in a half a point per reception leaugue, with standard scoring.

Qb RB RB WR WR Flex TE DEF Kicker

Tom Brady

David Garrard

Michael Turner

Pierre Thiomas

Felix Jones

Lesean McCoy

Jerious Norwood

Michael Bush

Greg Jennings

Eddie Royal

Domenick Hixon

Nate Washington

Troy Williamson

Antonio Gates

Giants Defense

Nick Folk

This looks solid assuming it's 12 teams. Royal I think is a WR3 but probably a good enough #2 in a .5ppr. Maybe I am missing something on Hixon - I'm just avoiding Giants WR's except for Boss or Steve Smith very late. Not sure who you would favor as the flex to start the season...1 more reliable veteran/starter maybe in place of Felix in the 7th round would be nice for this team, but whatever, it's pretty much impossible to not have weaknesses in a 12team league full of non-idiots.

B

QB: Palmer, Garard, Sanchez (The weak part of the team)

RB: AP, Portis, Larry Johnson, Reggie Bush

WR: Steve Smith (car), A. Gonzalez, B. Edwards, Deshawn Jackson, Josh Morgan

TE: Witten

PK: Keading

DT: Minnesota

Non-PPR Redraft. standard scoring. 10 team league. Start 2RB, 3WR. No flex.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Yah QB's are below average for 10 teams, but you should be able to get by with Palmer/Garrard. Cut Sanchez for a RB.

Portis and LJ are what they are I guess. Hopefully 1 of them has something left (esp. Portis who I have and has an easier schedule)...

I like that WR depth a lot, but would like to see a better #2 as I have Gonzalez and Jackson ranked close together. I'm assuming you took LJ and Witten at the 4/5 turn. Witten I like there...would've strongly considered QB or WR with other pick instead of LJ depending on who was available.

C

Thanks!

I definitely like it. I go into my drafts targeting a QB like Cutler/Palmer (risk,reward QBs with good value) and always try to pair them with Garrard in the 9th or 10th round. Even if Palmer falters, you still have a solid QB in Garrard who was QB 10-12 last year without any sort of WRs or OL to speak of. Jacksonville's offense and Garrard's situation should definitely be improved, and I look for him to finish around #8 this year. Pairing him with a guy like Palmer who, when healthy, is a top QB I think is a wonderful strategy. You have adequate starting performance to fall back on should Palmer not have a great year.

This strategy also lets you build up your RBs and WRs. I think the AP/Portis combo is tremendous (Portis is the last of the better RBs imo), and Larry Johnson is a solid backup for when Portis is hurt.

I love the Steve Smith pick, think Braylon will be your #2, and its going to be close between DeSean and Anthony for your #3. Great depth at this position as well, I love Josh Morgan this year.

Witten is, of course, the #1 TE and Minnesota is going to be a top defense.

All in all, I'd say an extremely successful draft. I disagree with BuffOrange's rating, I'd give you an A-.

Yah QB's are below average for 10 teams, but you should be able to get by with Palmer/Garrard. Cut Sanchez for a RB.

Portis and LJ are what they are I guess. Hopefully 1 of them has something left (esp. Portis who I have and has an easier schedule)...

I like that WR depth a lot, but would like to see a better #2 as I have Gonzalez and Jackson ranked close together. I'm assuming you took LJ and Witten at the 4/5 turn. Witten I like there...would've strongly considered QB or WR with other pick instead of LJ depending on who was available.

C

I actually took Witten/Edwards at the 4/5 turn. Ocho Cinco was available, but with the boom/bust of Steve Smith and Portis I wanted to go a safer route with Edwards. LJ lasted to the 6/7 turn along with Reggie Bush. Gonzalez and Jackson were both available at the 8/9 turn.

I took sanchez figuring I would know early on in the season whether he is worth holding onto or not. And he could turn out better than Palmer/Garrard. Not much available on the RB front right now. Earnest Graham, Sproles, Fred Jackson...

...thanks for the input.

PPR League with 12 teams, I had pick 8. Start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Below is how my draft went:

Steve Slanton

LaDanian Tomlinson

Dwayne Bowe

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Brandon Marshall

Kurt Warner

Darren Sproles

Derrick Mason

Jamal Lewis

Green Bay Packers

Rashard Mendenhall

Jeremy Shockey

Matt Cassell

Vernon Davis

Correll Buckhalter

Greg Camarillo

James Davis

John Kasay

PPR League with 12 teams, I had pick 8. Start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Below is how my draft went:

Steve Slanton

LaDanian Tomlinson

Dwayne Bowe

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Brandon Marshall

Kurt Warner

Darren Sproles

Derrick Mason

Jamal Lewis

Green Bay Packers

Rashard Mendenhall

Jeremy Shockey

Matt Cassell

Vernon Davis

Correll Buckhalter

Greg Camarillo

James Davis

John Kasay

LT2 was available at #17 and the Packers were the best defense availabe in round 10. There must be some huge dolts in this league - you should have an above average team and I think you do.

LT2 probably one of the few guys worth handcuffing and the 7th wasn't much of a reach to do it. I never seem to own any of your WR's but Housh and even Mason should be $ in ppr. Don't trust Warner this year...I guess Cassel is an ok backup for 12 teams. I'm almost certain you could've done better at TE with Zach Miller or somebody.

B+

Ten team league

QB

Schaub

Favre

RB

Peterson

Gore

McFadden

D. Brown

Benson

WR

A. Johnson

C. Ochocinco

B. Berrian

A. Bryant

S. Breaston

TE

Witten

Scheffler

D

Blitzburgh

K

Carney

What do you think???

Ten team league

QB

Schaub

Favre

RB

Peterson

Gore

McFadden

D. Brown

Benson

WR

A. Johnson

C. Ochocinco

B. Berrian

A. Bryant

S. Breaston

TE

Witten

Scheffler

D

Blitzburgh

K

Carney

What do you think???

I think thats another short bus league. When do Gore and AJohnson ever drop that far? Plus there's good depth at rb/wr and Witten...ridiculous.

A-

LT2 was available at #17 and the Packers were the best defense availabe in round 10. There must be some huge dolts in this league - you should have an above average team and I think you do.

LT2 probably one of the few guys worth handcuffing and the 7th wasn't much of a reach to do it. I never seem to own any of your WR's but Housh and even Mason should be $ in ppr. Don't trust Warner this year...I guess Cassel is an ok backup for 12 teams. I'm almost certain you could've done better at TE with Zach Miller or somebody.

B+

Oakland's Zach Miller was gone, I admit I was late in getting my TE and why got stuck with Shockey.

K

Carney

What do you think???

Carney might not last the season in New Orleans so you might have to work on that other then that not a bad team.

12 team pick 4

QB Rodgers, Pennington (17th rd pick)

RB Forte, Morano,Wells, Grahm, McGahee

WR R White, S Moss, D Mason, J Gage, D Branch, Dev Henderson

TE Dallas Clark, B Scafice

D Giants

K Kneading

If you're really high on Rodgers as a lot of people are then ok. I like him too but my personal preference would be a WR2 like Boldin or Colston (if available) and a QB like McNabb/Romo/Schaub instead. I don't see much upside at WR. Moreno/Wells should be an ok RB2 platoon. I'm starting to kick myself for letting the Wells-haters talk me out of him after the other night.

C+ if you start 3 WRs. B-/B if 2.

I actually took Witten/Edwards at the 4/5 turn. Ocho Cinco was available, but with the boom/bust of Steve Smith and Portis I wanted to go a safer route with Edwards. LJ lasted to the 6/7 turn along with Reggie Bush. Gonzalez and Jackson were both available at the 8/9 turn.

I took sanchez figuring I would know early on in the season whether he is worth holding onto or not. And he could turn out better than Palmer/Garrard. Not much available on the RB front right now. Earnest Graham, Sproles, Fred Jackson...

...thanks for the input.

Yah I think I like 85 more than Braylan this year. I dont even think 85 is more risky.

Gonzo/Jackson are sick value at 8/9.

There's almost zero chance Sanchez will be better than Palmer/Garrard baring injury.

I still think Steve Smith is that good. Until Delhomme's arm falls off Im not taking Jennings/White ahead of him.

Bluefire may be right that I sold this team short.

Oakland's Zach Miller was gone, I admit I was late in getting my TE and why got stuck with Shockey.

Like I said earlier, nothing wrong with getting your TE late if you don't get a top guy. Just assumed there were better guys available but then again this might be the 1st year in forever where Shockey isn't going way too high.

Point per reception league on top of standard other scoring. Only 8 teams in the league and had the 5th pick (in order below). Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX, TE, K, DEF.

Maurice Jones-Drew

Andre Johnson

Wes Welker

Ryan Grant

Aaron Rodgers

Jason Witten

Pittsburgh D

DeSean Jackson

Jerricho Crotchery

Tony Romo

Kevin Smith

Felix Jones

Kevin Walter

Rashard Mendenhall

Mason Crosby

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.