SIGN VICK RALPH

I personally don't give a shi t what kind of human being a player is; if he's good and helps our team be successful I'll take him. What has going after "character guys" done to make the Bills relevant this past decade?

This is why I think it would be stupid to sign him. He is a great athlete, but the resulting distraction of the argument over whether he should be allowed to play or be banned for life will almost certainly result in this team playing worse football.

He is a great athlete I agree, but this greatness means that a team needs to be built around his singular style and great and difficult to predict reactions to a particular play that in many ways one must build a new chemistry among the O players and even install a substantially different playbook.

Sorry for polluting this misspelled attempt at starting a petition with contrary views, but again these views are not based on the morality (or amorality of this situation) they are based on a sense that he is undoubtedly a great athlete (though legitimate doubts and additional distraction are added by the unknown impacts of his several year hiatus have had on his play. My views are based on a pure football sense that their is a prety fair likelihood that he hurts this football team in productivity.

Signing him and trying to plug him in (and really build the O around his unique skills to have any chance at being effective) is almost certainly gonna be bad football for someone interested in the Bills.

I would just as soon watch re-runs of Desperate Housewives rather than tune into what likely will be episodes of Desperate Football team.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What has going after everyone done for the Raiders?

I never said go after everyone ala the Raiders. However, if we have a need at a position and there is a free agent available who would fill that need, I say go after him. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Vick to back-up Trent or even compete for the starting job. Competition brings out the best in players, so I'm sure Trent wouldn't be any worse off. I personally would rather have a homerun threat like Vick step in than Ryan Fitzpatrick (Kelly Holcomb version 2.0) should Trent go down, which he probably will at some point this season.

I would like for us to sign Vick for a few reasons.

1. What do we have to lose? Prior to T.O. coming here we've been irrelevant anyways.

2. He's at worst better than our backup QB and arguably better than our starting QB.

3. Everyone wants to concentrate on "character guys" when the truth is we've had high character guys for the past several years and what has it brought to Buffalo???? No playoffs.

4. Much like what T.O. mentioned aside from what he went to jail for what other trouble has he been involved in?

5. One question I have for everyone that doesn't want him here "Looking at the football end only - Do you believe we'll be a better team with him as our backup or starter than without him?"

I understand that everyone has a view on this topic but this is just my view on it!

I would like for us to sign Vick for a few reasons.

1. What do we have to lose? Prior to T.O. coming here we've been irrelevant anyways.

2. He's at worst better than our backup QB and arguably better than our starting QB.

3. Everyone wants to concentrate on "character guys" when the truth is we've had high character guys for the past several years and what has it brought to Buffalo???? No playoffs.

4. Much like what T.O. mentioned aside from what he went to jail for what other trouble has he been involved in?

5. One question I have for everyone that doesn't want him here "Looking at the football end only - Do you believe we'll be a better team with him as our backup or starter than without him?"

I understand that everyone has a view on this topic but this is just my view on it!

Vick has had other legal/character problems aside from the dog fighting accusations. There was the time he was arrested for having a bong on him at an airport. The Ron Mexico incident where he gave herpes to some chick and lied about, flicking off fans, etc. However, I would be willing to bypass said incidents if he improves our football team. I also agree with all of your other points.

Not No, but HELL NO! Anyone supporting this idea...get psychiatric help. I'd sooner throw that piece of crap over the Falls...biggest scumbag since Rae Carruth bar none.

He's a convicted felon....some people would sign Adolf Hitler if you thought he was any good..get serious help. What's next? You gonna start slaughtering family pets so Vick doesn't have chance to anymore?

HE WILL NEVER BE A BUFFALO BILL...GUARANTEED

I personally don't give a shi t what kind of human being a player is; if he's good and helps our team be successful I'll take him. What has going after "character guys" done to make the Bills relevant this past decade?

The reason most of us root for the Bills is because they represent our home town. I'd rather not have a superbowl win than have one with representation by unsavory characters. All the Bills are to the majority of Buffalo area fans is an extension of us. They're doing on the field what we obviously can't. It's a vicarious way of competing in football when our bodies are too old or untalented to risk life and limb.

I don't know much about Michael Vick, though he seems like kind of a dumbass from anything I've seen. Even if he's not a halfwit, I've never seen any sign from interviews or news footage to suggest he has much between his ears.

Regardless of any limited intelligence, as a grown man, he knows that dogfighting is both cruel and against the law, and ignored those factors completely in order to suit his own agenda. Do I think he's rehabilitated? No. He served the sentence and wuill probably never be involved again, but I doubt he's suddenly become the ASPCA poster boy.

If he had any sense of compassion for animals, he never would have been involved in such a dispicable endeavor. He's a scumbag. For those of you who are easily able to dismiss this action, have you really sat back and considered how incredibly cruel dogfighting is? It is vicious and sickening. This is not some Hollywood movie - it's real life horrible pain being administered to another creature at the hands of an uncaring human.

I have no sympathy for Michael Vick. It's not as if he was some poor ignorant rural farmhand who had to find a means of income after a couple years of drought and bad crops. This was a man exposed to a wealthy cosmopolitan existance. I make no excuses for his total disregard for another life.

It would greatly reduce my joy, exhaltation, and multi-decade longing to see my team finally celebrating with the Lombardi trophy, only to see his face among the winner's throng. It would somehow permanently taint the long anticipated feeling of being champions.

It's spelled "Aye", not I.

I love the humor and irony resulting from the fact that the poster requests "no dumbass comments", then proceeds to indulge in that very activity, first voicing support for Vick and expecting to share this thread with Ralph Wilson (duh), then voting with an "I" rather than an "aye". He should change his handle to Dumbass.

The reason most of us root for the Bills is because they represent our home town. I'd rather not have a superbowl win than have one with representation by unsavory characters. All the Bills are to the majority of Buffalo area fans is an extension of us. They're doing on the field what we obviously can't. It's a vicarious way of competing in football when our bodies are too old or untalented to risk life and limb.

I don't know much about Michael Vick, though he seems like kind of a dumbass from anything I've seen. Even if he's not a halfwit, I've never seen any sign from interviews or news footage to suggest he has much between his ears.

Regardless of any limited intelligence, as a grown man, he knows that dogfighting is both cruel and against the law, and ignored those factors completely in order to suit his own agenda. Do I think he's rehabilitated? No. He served the sentence and wuill probably never be involved again, but I doubt he's suddenly become the ASPCA poster boy.

If he had any sense of compassion for animals, he never would have been involved in such a dispicable endeavor. He's a scumbag. For those of you who are easily able to dismiss this action, have you really sat back and considered how incredibly cruel dogfighting is? It is vicious and sickening. This is not some Hollywood movie - it's real life horrible pain being administered to another creature at the hands of an uncaring human.

I have no sympathy for Michael Vick. It's not as if he was some poor ignorant rural farmhand who had to find a means of income after a couple years of drought and bad crops. This was a man exposed to a wealthy cosmopolitan existance. I make no excuses for his total disregard for another life.

It would greatly reduce my joy, exhaltation, and multi-decade longing to see my team finally celebrating with the Lombardi trophy, only to see his face among the winner's throng. It would somehow permanently taint the long anticipated feeling of being champions.

I have a question for you. Are you happy with the bills end result the past decade? If not, are you suggesting that you'd rather deal with another decade or two of losing seasons as long as the team has high character guys on them?

Vick has had other legal/character problems aside from the dog fighting accusations. There was the time he was arrested for having a bong on him at an airport. The Ron Mexico incident where he gave herpes to some chick and lied about, flicking off fans, etc. However, I would be willing to bypass said incidents if he improves our football team. I also agree with all of your other points.

thanks for the clarification. You're right those would be considered character issues...

I guess that makes one of us. I'd rather win a Super Bowl with a team full of thugs than miss the playoffs every year with a team full of choir boys.