LAMP ...been away,,,Here's why

LewPort71

Last couple of days I have been away..

In my wife's hospital to be exact... (she doesn't own it LOL,,,,but is a key manager there)

Anyways,,,,on wed AM I had severe abdominal pain that continued through the day. I had done a LOT of yard and house work on Tues and thought I pulled a stomach muscle... Took two Tylemol PMs before bed, but did not sleep at all.

Thurs AM was my work "Monday" First day of my four day schedule...Getting in and out of the car was painful... Any time I moved my trunk,,it hurt...The transition from sitting to standing hurt,,,and so did the reverse of that...Once seated it was OK... Although typing at the work computers was even painful....

I got a couple of phone calls from friends and they could tell I was hurting. So I called co-workers and they were able to cover for me....My relief came in 3 hours early. Mrs. Lew made an appt with our family Doc ,whose office is next to the building where Mrs. Lew works...So that is real convenient. Saw the Doc and when she pressed on the lower abdomen, I was in pain,,,big time....

She made some calls and came back with the news that I was to be admitted to the hosp for tests and observation. Possible appendicitis...So at 4:30 on Thursday I was a patient...Had some blood work done and an IV with a saline / sucrose solution attached to a vein in my wrist. I asked for a Jack and Coke solution, but the hosp was fresh out of that...Damn docs took all of that....

Had two CT scans after drinking a horrid solution and tried to rest. No appendicitis..I was diagnosed with acute diverticulitis...Anti-biotics, rest and a low residue diet is the treatment.

So I was home late Friday night and it was good to get home to Mrs. Lew, the critters and my 45 year old pillow....Can't sleep without it...

And yes I am working on Sunday...I feel fine as I type this on Sat around noon...

So I was home late Friday night and it was good to get home to Mrs. Lew, the critters and my 45 year old pillow....Can't sleep without it...

And yes I am working on Sunday...I feel fine as I type this on Sat around noon...

Glad you are on the mend Mr. Lew!

My wife has a pillow she can't sleep without too. Darn thing is hardly more than a shell surrounding a bit of down now.

Dude, sorry to hear about your pain, but glad it worked out. It's good to have family in health care.

But one correction. I know some people with diverticulitis and they don't think it's a-cute, at all. In fact, it seems pretty a-ugly.

Sorry to hear about that. I also had diverticulitis about 14 years ago. It put me in the hospital for a whole week. The damn docs had me on a broth only diet. :wallbash:

I haven't had to much problem with it since. Just every now and then it will flare up. Nothing like that first time though.

It's funny, my doc told me that it is a problem mostly old people get. I was only 27 at the time. Weird. :wallbash:

I hope you are feeling better and up and around soon. One other thing, stay away from seeds for a while.

Take care.

Glad you're feeling better now! I had no idea what diverticultis was, so looked it up... Sounds miserable. :wallbash:

"About 10 percent of Americans older than 40 have diverticulosis.1 The condition becomes more common as people age. About half of all people older than 60 have diverticulosis.2"

Remind me not to get old... :wallbash:

...and I was looking forward to watching the Bills and TO and a big box of popcorn.

Watch out for sneaky stuff too, like pasta sauce.

I know multiple people that have gone to the ER with what turns out to be this diagnosis. Not fun, but sometimes it ends up just being a fluke attack.

[/sup]Remind me not to get old... :unsure:

Fez...ya gotta get old...sure beats the alternative.

I am doing fine now..(Sunday)

But on Thurs I was miserable.. Mrs. Lew I was in bad shape after hearing

my voice and the fact that I never am ill.

I told my golfing buddy from Ohio that I hurt as bad

as if I had been hit in the nutsack by a John Daly tee shot.

I am doing fine now..(Sunday)

But on Thurs I was miserable.. Mrs. Lew I was in bad shape after hearing

my voice and the fact that I never am ill.

I told my golfing buddy from Ohio that I hurt as bad

as if I had been hit in the nutsack by a John Daly tee shot.

*hugs* :unsure:

I was hospitalized four years ago with what was thought to be Crohn's.

However, my gastro doctor has told me that he thinks I don't have Crohn's, and it may have been a one-time thing. For the record, I was 35 at the time of my hospitalization.